Thread: F.E.A.R. PC Multiplayer Free on 8/17

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default F.E.A.R. PC Multiplayer Free on 8/17

08-08-2006 - Sierra Entertainment today announced that the multiplayer component from the award winning PC title F.E.A.R.™ (First Encounter Assault Recon), has been renamed F.E.A.R. Combat, and will be made available to the public as a free download on Thursday August 17th, 2006.
    F.E.A.R. Combat is the complete multiplayer component of F.E.A.R. and includes all the updates, additional official maps and additional official game modes all in one downloadable file. F.E.A.R. Combat users will be able to play against the owners of the retail version of F.E.A.R. as well as the other F.E.A.R. Combat users.

F.E.A.R. Combat features:
    - 10 Multiplayer Game modes.
    - 19 Multiplayer Maps.
    - 12 different weapons.
    - Punkbuster support for anti cheat support.
    - The capability to download user generated content.

To play F.E.A.R. Combat, consumers simply go to www.joinfear.com and register to obtain their free, Combat keycode. When the file is made available for download on Aug 17th 2006, consumers can install, enter their keycode, and get ready to join F.E.A.R. Combat!

F.E.A.R. Combat will be available for download on August 17th 2006.
    I for one couldn't be happier

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome!

I knew an announcement was forthcoming, but I wasn't expecting anything quite like this! I'm guessing that they are hoping to bring in some fresh faces (and perhaps claw back a few) in light of the fact that there is an expansion pack on the way, an Xbox 360 port in the works and an inevitable sequel down the road.

While F.E.A.R. did a lot of things very well, the poor multiplayer (and, thus, lack of players) and the awfully high system requirements (for a game that didn't look all that, in my opinion) probably turned a fair few people away.

I'll give this a whirl, though. Free is free, after all! And it is good to see that publishers aren't forever thinking of churning out expansion packs to fix things up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thats damn cool, kudos, I'll be buying FEAR for 360, but its nice to know where that companies hearts are, for the fans!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    Awesome!

I knew an announcement was forthcoming, but I wasn't expecting anything quite like this! I'm guessing that they are hoping to bring in some fresh faces (and perhaps claw back a few) in light of the fact that there is an expansion pack on the way, an Xbox 360 port in the works and an inevitable sequel down the road.

While F.E.A.R. did a lot of things very well, the poor multiplayer (and, thus, lack of players) and the awfully high system requirements (for a game that didn't look all that, in my opinion) probably turned a fair few people away.

I'll give this a whirl, though. Free is free, after all! And it is good to see that publishers aren't forever thinking of churning out expansion packs to fix things up!
    \

Didn't want to start a new thead but fear for the 360 arrived in stores yesterday. There was an early release probably so it won't have to compete with gears of war. (as per the mgr) For those that pre ordered at eb and gamestop the complimentary phone call was thrown off and never came due to the earlier than planned release. No one was called but it is in stores.
    neo geo system

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

did no one see my thead about this a few days after it was released?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, the new expansion for PC, F.E.A.R Extraction Point is worth checking out if you liked the first game. I played through it some days ago, but im alittle dissapointed about the ending. The game was fairly good tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

has anyone tried out the multi-player 360 version? I downloaded the demo today and I've been having fun with the AI ...good stuff. is there downloadale content (expansions packs) available for the 360 game?

can you paly as the enemy character in multi player?