Thread: I finally freakin' beat Metroid Prime 2

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I finally freakin' beat Metroid Prime 2

Finally! Finally! Finally!, I put it off for a while but I went back to it yesterday night and finally finished it. Man that game gives you some flat out brutal bosses to face, Quadraxis and Emperor Ing were flat out evil. I finally did it though. I loved the game and am glad I did it, but am happy to have done it. I can say it made Prime look like child's play.

Who else has finished it and was it as hard for you as for me? What are your thoughts with the game in general. I personally loved it but the first one was a bit better, the second one felt too linear. Has anyone attempted it on hard mode?

I also have an in game question, is there any way to destroy the Ing Worms in Dark Aether that are blocking the passages and doors? a friend of mine said that you could destroy them with the Annihilator Beam, but I can't seem to get it to work.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been stuck fighting Quadraxis for a few months now on that last bit where you had to plant bombs on him. Could never figure it out even with the guides.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    - Bioshock (360)
    - Disgaea (DS)
    - Wipeout HD (PS3)

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quadraxis took 2-3 attempts, not that hard. Only time I had multiple repeat attempts was last boss after the Emperor... well if you got that far, you know what I mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That game was awsome, great story, can't wait to see 3.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I recently started a game on hard mode, but I'm stuck at the boost guardian. I also preferred the original Prime to Echoes, as I didn't like the Dark Aether parts. I felt they hampered exploration too much and seemed to slow things down. I also thought the weapons and visors were better in the original.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im at the part were you must find 9 keys hidden through out the game. No thanks.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats. Seriously. I know that you must have earned it.

I played and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and environments of the first Metroid Prime. Unfortunately the totally nonsensical end boss battle from THAT game made me vow never to bother with Prime 2, no matter how awesome the game might be. I figured that if the tedious, boring, drawn-out end boss battle from the first game wasn't enjoyable (yes, I beat him) then the second game's boss wouldn't be worth the effort of the fight.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdc
    Congrats. Seriously. I know that you must have earned it.

I played and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and environments of the first Metroid Prime. Unfortunately the totally nonsensical end boss battle from THAT game made me vow never to bother with Prime 2, no matter how awesome the game might be. I figured that if the tedious, boring, drawn-out end boss battle from the first game wasn't enjoyable (yes, I beat him) then the second game's boss wouldn't be worth the effort of the fight.
    God that boss pissed me off. Thank god it revived you for the TRUE final boss after fighting the semi final bosses three or four different forms...don't really remember how many.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I've been stuck on that last boss myself for a long time. First off, it was a real pain in the neck to jump back and forth on the walls up that silo thing just to GET to the boss. It ticked me off, because it was a pain.

Then the boss was ridiculously tough, and I was like "well, looks like I'm going to have to backtrack through the whole game to find the one or two 100-HP canisters I missed."

They really need to allow you to put bookmarks on the map in that game.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will agree with wall jumping with being tough, but if you practice it becomes easier and timing is everything. The boss a royal pain, it took me at least three or four tries to finish him off, those who are having trouble, use the annihilator beam on the tenticles then when the eye pops up use the Sonic Boom on the open spots for massive damage, when you run out use super missiles. his second form is self explanatory, bombs and power bombs. his third form is actually easy, use the screw attack and try to get underneath him and hit his underside. If you hit his legs you will get knocked back but take almost no damage, but if you hit him right you just murder him, I killed him in two hits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I beat Quadraxis on the 1st try.

Now the Emperor Ing, He's got me as his favorite twink on the Cell block.
    Lick me! LICK ME!!

One of the hopeless idiots that runs SC3; (Southern California Classic Collectors):
    www.sc3videogames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A couple of extra tips:

1.) If you are having a very hard time with the boss, backtrack and find those HP and Missile Expansions. They help out more than you would think.

2.) When searching for these items, turn off the in-game music. You can then hear the sound they make much easier.
    www.onlineconsoles.com - network gaming for the Dreamcast, GameCube and Playstation 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there any way to destroy those Ingworm covered doors in Dark Aether?

Insert Coin (Level 0) The-Bavis's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ChuckleFutz

That's an interesting tip to use the screw attack on Emperor Ing's final form. I never thought to try that and just slowly got better at hitting him with the appropriate beam until I finally nailed it. It took me too many tries. I thought he was equally as annoying as beating Prime in part 1.

Overall, I liked this game, but got bored in the middle. I think it was the whole dark/light mechanic kind of making the world seem limited, yet still confusing, that wore me out on it in the middle. That and the spider-ball guardian. He gave me the most trouble for some reason.

I am 99% certain you cannot destroy the Ing Worms. Maybe there is an exception or two that you can, but I've never read about it.

Congrats!
    The-Bavis