Thread: Apple 2e games

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Apple 2e games

I have an Apple 2e computer with tons and tons of games for it. Miner 2049er, Ant eater, H.E.R.O. , and a whole bunch of other ones I can't even think of off the top of my head. Is there any kind of value or demand for any of these? they are basically better versions of Atari era games. What is the most sought after games for this, if there are any. I almost completely forgot I had this laying around and its pretty sick. I think it was one of the computers they had durring the games crash back in the day. Does anybody have any info on it at all?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Default Re: Apple 2e games

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666
    I have an Apple 2e computer with tons and tons of games for it. Miner 2049er, Ant eater, H.E.R.O. , and a whole bunch of other ones I can't even think of off the top of my head. Is there any kind of value or demand for any of these? they are basically better versions of Atari era games. What is the most sought after games for this, if there are any. I almost completely forgot I had this laying around and its pretty sick. I think it was one of the computers they had durring the games crash back in the day. Does anybody have any info on it at all?
    All of the Sierra titles are valuable, along with the Ultimas. The Atarisoft games are basically worthless as there is stilla huge cache of sealed copies. The three titles you have there I would guess would sell on eBay for between 5-10 bucks each, maybe a little bit more.

Although there seems to be a surplus of Apple computers running around, games are not so easy to find. So only the true crap is going to be worth nothing. If your games are disk-only, then that of course brings down the value, but they are all still at least mildly sought-after, so you should hang on to them.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

is there any known rarity database for some of these games or a site dedicated to them where i could find out how rare some of them actually are?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Are they all disks by themselves or do they have the original boxes/manual/paperwork. Disks by themselves aren't worth much unless they are rare or desirable games, maybe $1-$5 for common/uncommon ones. Boxes and some of the other stuff that came with games make it worth quite a bit more - Infocom and Origin are famous for adding little trinkets and stuff with their games and I think that they are harder to find since people tended to throw those out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

actually, I may just have some of the old boxes to those games laying around in a box somewhere. I'm not 100% sure. I need to look through those games again because I remember there being lots of fun ones.