Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wii launch title list - 27 games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Wii launch title list - 27 games?

Blazing Angels
    Dragon Quest Swords
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    Metal Slug Anthology
    Rayman Raving Rabbids
    Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion
    Wii Sports

Those are the one's I'd be looking forward to.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Metroid Prime 3, Excite truck and Red Steel are what i am going to TRY to get...we'll see though when they are released and when they are

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If all of those are actually launch day games, that would be the biggest (and perhaps best) launch lineup ever. I'm surprised Wario Ware isn't on there though; I thought for sure that was a launch game.

There are 11 games on that list that interest me. If all 11 of them are actually launch day games, that would top Dreamcast as the most launch games of interest ever for me (DC was like 8 or 9).

I think we're definitely seeing a changed Nintendo now. I still remember when N64 launched with a grand total of two games.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hopefully those all aren't launched on day one. I think if about 14 are available on day one, then the next wave (and the next wave of Wii shipments) ship Novemeber 17th, we should be in good shape.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default HMMM...

I believe every system ever launched has an inflated list of launch titles. I agree with in an earlier poster that anything released in the first few weeks count as release titles.

Gonna' be a fun holiday as long as we can all get systems from Santa...or whoever...

Later,
    Trebuken

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metroid & Zelda that's all I need! (for now)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow I'm suprised, there are only three games on that list that interest me, Zelda, Metal Slug and Metroid. Trauma Center looks interesting, but I'm still unsure about playing a game like that with a laser pointer.

I just got a 360 so it's doubtful I'll get a Wii around launch, but I'll probably get one about the same time i got a DS, near the release of the new Mario Kart and Animal Crossing games.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh dear. By all accounts, Sonic Wild Fire has been renamed to... wait for it... Sonic and the Secret Rings. Ooooh. What is it with Nintendo Wii renames... I much prefer Wild Fire.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I know people are going to flame the F out of me, after this post, but oh well, it will be fun. "Flame Suit Engaged"

The best launch lineup ever? Are you fucking kidding me? Not only is this not the best launch lineup ever, it's probably one of the worst ever. First off, just because there is quanitiy, doesn't mean that any of these games are actually worth the full pop that they are going to be asking for them. Having a ton of GameCube games, ported to the Wii with some Wii-mote functionality added at the last minute, does not a good launch make. You guys are so fucking desperate for Nintendo to be a relevent again, that you are considering buying games like Far Cry and Tony Hawks Downhill Jam. Give me a freaking break!! I'm guessing that Far Cry for Xbox 1 will be vastly superior, and that Tony Hawk will be nothing more than a GameCube game with some tilt control added on top.

Even if you look at supposedly the two best games for launch, Zelda and Metroid, both games have some serious issues. Zelda will surely be a great game, but there really isn't any reason to be buying a Wii for this game. It's basically a Cube game through and through, and doing some fishing or firing some arrows isn't going to change that. If you have a Cube, and you are getting a Wii just to play Zelda, then you are fooling yourself that the experience is going to be vastly different, when it isn't. It would be one thing if you were buying a Wii for a bunch of other games, and because you are getting a Wii anyways, you might as well get the Wii version of Zelda instead of the Cube version, but I seriously doubt there is any other "really" compelling software to push you into buying a Wii. As for Metroid, again, we have basically a GameCube game, except this time, it's using a control scheme that is going to make the gameplay worse instead of better. The whole idea of moving your Wii-mote around inside a box within a box, is just dumb to me. I played Metroid Prime on the Cube and enjoyed it, but that was years and years ago. This game is basically the same graphically, yet with a control scheme that will likely make the gameplay worse.

And those are the two biggest games for the Wii! I'm not even going to get into all the other quickie ports that are coming to this thing to cash in on the hype. I will talk about Red Steel for a second though. Here is game that looked really good, when we first saw it in Game Informer magazine, when the pics first hit the net. Of course, it turns out that the graphics are way less advanced looking. But much worse than the downgraded graphics, is the fact that the control scheme is horrible. Don't ask me about it, ask EGM or Game Informer or IGN or anybody that has actually had hands on time with Red Steel. The gist of their takes is that the control scheme needs to be completely overhauled and revamped prior to launch, and I just don't seem them achieving that in such a short period of time.

Metal Slug Anthology has been mentioned, and I don't understand why anybody is really hyped on this game. This game has no logical purpose for being on the Wii, other than to cash in on the overblown Wii launch hype. I'm sure it's a good game and all, but what benefit does it have with being on the Wii? Isn't this game already on the Xbox or PS2 or Cube? Why pay for it again, just to play it with a controller that isn't suited to it? And I know that you just turn the controller sideways, but I'm guessing it's not as comfortable as a dual shock or controller S or a Cube controller, when used that way. The reason that Metal Slug is getting so much hype with the Wii launch is because everybody knows that it's going to be a game that's impossible to fuck up. They know it's going to be solid, at least, and not a dud, so they are saying, "Well at least I know Metal Slug will be a good game, so I can always play that some when I get bored of Wii Sports." But if you're really honest with yourself, there isn't any real reason to get this on the Wii, when it's available on other consoles for cheaper, and probably with a better playing controller.

I'm sorry to come off as such an asshole with this post, but the amount of Myopia going on in here is just amazing! People are basically trying to convince themselves that this Wii lineup is going to be outstanding, when in actuality it's a bunch of quantity, a bunch of Cube ports, a bunch of tacked on at the last second Wii-mote functionality, crap.

You might think I'm anti-Nintendo or something, and that I'm a Sony or MS fanboy or something, but that isn't the case. I'm not a fanboy of anybody. In fact, if the Wii is $199 or less, I'm buying one on day one. The one game that I'll buy is Wii sports. All the other games can go to hell as far as I'm concerned, because I'm not interested in Cube ports with tacked on Wii-mote functionality. I'm very excited about the possibilities of the Wii, but I'm not going to convince myself that this launch lineup is anything other than a bunch of crap to capitalize on the Wii hype machine started by about 10,000 Nintendo fanboys at E3. Will I rent ExciteTruck or some of the other games, sure, but let's calm down a little bit and think rationally about this launch lineup. There really isn't one single game that could be considered a killer app. You simply can't consider a Cube port to be a killer app, no matter how good of a Cube game it is. Maybe it's a killer app for the Cube, but a new system should have a killer app that's built for it, from the ground up, using all the capabilities of that system, from the video to the audio to the controller functionality. The closest thing to a killer app is Wii Sports, and that's the game that I'm going to get, because I'm sure it's going to be a ton of mindless fun.

Let the flaming begin

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Ok, I know people are going to flame the F out of me, after this post, but oh well, it will be fun. "Flame Suit Engaged"

The best launch lineup ever? Are you fucking kidding me? Not only is this not the best launch lineup ever, it's probably one of the worst ever. First off, just because there is quanitiy, doesn't mean that any of these games are actually worth the full pop that they are going to be asking for them. Having a ton of GameCube games, ported to the Wii with some Wii-mote functionality added at the last minute, does not a good launch make. You guys are so fucking desperate for Nintendo to be a relevent again, that you are considering buying games like Far Cry and Tony Hawks Downhill Jam. Give me a freaking break!! I'm guessing that Far Cry for Xbox 1 will be vastly superior, and that Tony Hawk will be nothing more than a GameCube game with some tilt control added on top.

Even if you look at supposedly the two best games for launch, Zelda and Metroid, both games have some serious issues. Zelda will surely be a great game, but there really isn't any reason to be buying a Wii for this game. It's basically a Cube game through and through, and doing some fishing or firing some arrows isn't going to change that. If you have a Cube, and you are getting a Wii just to play Zelda, then you are fooling yourself that the experience is going to be vastly different, when it isn't. It would be one thing if you were buying a Wii for a bunch of other games, and because you are getting a Wii anyways, you might as well get the Wii version of Zelda instead of the Cube version, but I seriously doubt there is any other "really" compelling software to push you into buying a Wii. As for Metroid, again, we have basically a GameCube game, except this time, it's using a control scheme that is going to make the gameplay worse instead of better. The whole idea of moving your Wii-mote around inside a box within a box, is just dumb to me. I played Metroid Prime on the Cube and enjoyed it, but that was years and years ago. This game is basically the same graphically, yet with a control scheme that will likely make the gameplay worse.

And those are the two biggest games for the Wii! I'm not even going to get into all the other quickie ports that are coming to this thing to cash in on the hype. I will talk about Red Steel for a second though. Here is game that looked really good, when we first saw it in Game Informer magazine, when the pics first hit the net. Of course, it turns out that the graphics are way less advanced looking. But much worse than the downgraded graphics, is the fact that the control scheme is horrible. Don't ask me about it, ask EGM or Game Informer or IGN or anybody that has actually had hands on time with Red Steel. The gist of their takes is that the control scheme needs to be complete overhauled and revamped prior to launch, and I just don't seem them achieving that in such a short period of time.

Metal Slug Anthology has been mentioned, and I don't understand why anybody is really hyped on this game. This game has no logical purpose for being on the Wii, other than to cash in on the overblown Wii launch hype. I'm sure it's a good game and all, but what benefit does it have with being on the Wii? Isn't this game already on the Xbox or PS2 or Cube? Why pay for it again, just to play it with a controller that isn't suited to it? And I know that you just turn the controller sideways, but I'm guessing it's not as comfortable as a dual shock or controller S or a Cube controller, when used that way. The reason that Metal Slug is getting so much hype with the Wii launch is because everybody knows that it's going to be a game that's impossible to fuck up. They know it's going to be solid, at least, and not a dud, so they are saying, "Well at least I know Metal Slug will be a good game, so I can always play that some when I get bored of Wii Sports." But if you're really honest with yourself, there isn't any real reason to get this on the Wii, when it's available on other consoles for cheaper, and probably with a better playing controller.

I'm sorry to come off as such an asshole with this post, but the amount of Myopia going on in here is just amazing! People are basically trying to convince themselves that this Wii lineup is going to be outstanding, when in actuality it's a bunch of quantity, a bunch of Cube ports, a bunch of tacked on at the last second Wii-mote functionality, crap.

You might think I'm anti-Nintendo or something, and that I'm a Sony or MS fanboy or something, but that isn't the case. I'm not a fanboy of anybody. In fact, if the Wii is $199 or less, I'm buying one on day one. The one game that I'll buy is Wii sports. All the other games can go to hell as far as I'm concerned, because I'm not interested in Cube ports with tacked on Wii-mote functionality. I'm very excited about the possibilities of the Wii, but I'm not going to convince myself that this launch lineup is anything other than a bunch of crap to capitalize on the Wii hype machine started by about 10,000 Nintendo fanboys at E3. Will I rent ExciteTruck or some of the other games, sure, but let's calm down a little bit and think rationally about this launch lineup. There really isn't one single game that could be considered a killer app. You simply can't consider a Cube port to be a killer app, no matter how good of a Cube game it is. Maybe it's a killer app for the Cube, but a new system should have a killer app that's built for it, from the ground up, using all the capabilities of that system, from the video to the audio to the controller functionality. The closest thing to a killer app is Wii Sports, and that's the game that I'm going to get, because I'm sure it's going to be a ton of mindless fun.

Let the flaming begin
    Don't see anything to flame, it's your opinion, you're entitled to it. I do think you're a bit picky when it comes to launch games, but I bet you got a lot of meseta for that post though

I personally think it's the best lineup for a launch that I've ever seen, there's actually a couple titles I'd be into, as apposed to me getting excited when a system launches and the games I'd be into are way off in the future for release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The best launch lineup ever? Are you fucking kidding me? Not only is this not the best launch lineup ever, it's probably one of the worst ever.
    ever hear of an "opinion"?

no need to jump all over it
    *insert signature >here<*

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyfried
    Don't see anything to flame, it's your opinion, you're entitled to it. I do think you're a bit picky when it comes to launch games, but I bet you got a lot of meseta for that post though

Well, normally anytime anything even remotely negative is mentioned about Nintendo or the Wii, the Fanboys come out swinging.

Oh, by the way. Why aren't we seeing previews of all these Wii games in various magazines and stuff? If the Wii is only a couple of months away, you would think we would be seeing alot more about these games in the magaznes and stuff. I'm not even familar with most of those games.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excite Truck Nintendo
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Nintendo
    Metal Slug Anthology SNK
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Nintendo
    Rayman Raving Rabbids Ubisoft
    Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Sega

---

Those are the titles I am getting at launch.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm..

Yeah...well I do agree for the most part with Anthony1, I would point out that games like Metroid 3 and Zelda are likely to be great games and it is irrelevant where they stand-up graphically. They may not be as next-gen as we'd hoped (Gamecube ports may be close), but I think we will all have a damn good time playing them...

Nintendo is not competing in the hardware category but the gameplay category; let's hope it works...

Later,
    Trebuken

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ya know what? I just got done watching a bunch of Wii videos, and I must say that I'm actually comforted by the fact that there does appear to be some pretty cool games coming to the Wii. In fact, I saw the videos of Red Steel from e3, and for whatever reason, it looks pretty damn good, and pretty fun to me. I'm sure it's going to have t's share of problems and issues, (mainly with the swordfighting I think), but never the less, it actually looks like the most next-gen looking Wii game. It's likely to have alot of faults with it, but even so, it could almost be considered one of the Wii's "killer apps" or one of the closest things they have to a killer app.

The monkey ball game looks kinda fun. Metroid actually looks pretty decent. I'm not so sure I like the way both Red Steel and Metroid control. I guess it will be an aquired taste. I'll have to learn to love it, cause that appears to be the way to control FPS on the Wii.

You know, I can say one thing, I enourage alot of you to get a Blockbuster Gamers Pass for one month, starting the day the Wii is released, or as soon as Blockbuster gets games in to rent. Reason why, is cause you can try a game out for an hour, take it back, try another, take it back, try another, etc, etc ,etc. With this unique and strange control method, I think that gamers are either going to love or hate these Wii games. I don't think there is going to be much of an middle ground. It will likely be one side or the other. It's going to be interesting to see how the gamestores handle customers wanting to return games, because they absolutley can't stand the control. I'm sure there are going to be certain Wii games that I just won't be able to deal with at all, and had I actually bought one at a store for $49.99 or $54.99 or $59.99 (or whatever their pricing structure is going to be) I would be super upset about it, and I'd want to return it for something else. Except most retailers say once you take off the shrinkwrap, you own it, and can't return it. You have to take a loss on it at GameStop or EB.

So I would strongly encourage folks to get a 1 month Gamer's Pass at Blockbuster right when the Wii comes out. Try out all the games first. The first month is only $14.99 for one game at a time. Heck, I would get the plan at the two nearest Blockbusters, that way I would always have 2 at a time, and be able to rent from two different stores selections. Might also try Hollywood Video too. You know, if you buy your Wii from GameCrazy, then you get rental coupons. Only 1 per month, and I don't think it starts till the following January, but still.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wii Sports is the only interesting game. Far Cry, Tony Hawk, Zelda, Metroid, Red Steel, and Metal Slug Anthology look lame.
    What about Super Monkey Ball, Trauma Center, Elebits, Excitetruck, and Rayman?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor
    Wii Sports is the only interesting game. Far Cry, Tony Hawk, Zelda, Metroid, Red Steel, and Metal Slug Anthology look lame.
    dude, you faked my quote, I didnt say that!

Edit: the above reply was when i was on my PSP, so I couldn't elaborate, but yeah, you basically took snippets of what I said, and edited things out and made it look like I said all those games were lame.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

If anything with the Wii I'll ge tthe snes-style controller (doesn't it come with the Wii?) and try games out both ways.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor
    dude, you faked my quote, I didnt say that!
    Obviously you didn't say that. :P I was just paraphrasing because I didn't want a ridiculously long quote.

Edit: the above reply was when i was on my PSP, so I couldn't elaborate, but yeah, you basically took snippets of what I said, and edited things out and made it look like I said all those games were lame.
    Is that inaccurate? It seemed to me you were basically saying that Wii Sports was the only thing worthwhile in the Wii launch lineup, with you specifically talking about how Zelda, Metroid, Far Cry, Tony Hawk, Red Steel, and Metal Slug Anthology weren't really of interest.

And you didn't answer my question! I notice now that you already said that you think Monkey Ball looks fun, but you have yet to state an opinion on Trauma Center, Elebits, Excitetruck, and Rayman. I was just wondering because you said, "The closest thing to a killer app is Wii Sports, and that's the game that I'm going to get," but you didn't say why you don't think those 5 games are worthy.

It kind of struck me funny that you made a large post detailing why Wii's launch lineup is possibly the worst ever, and made no mention of several Wii launch games I'm looking forward to.