Thread: Game Store Locator?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Game Store Locator?

I'm trying to find any video game stores aside from the typics Eb's/Gamestops that are located in the NH/MA area. I didn't know if there were any gamers that were around this area, or if there was a website with store locators on it. Any info will be much appreciated, thanks.

Strawberry (Level 2) heyricochet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.azureware.com/cgi-bin/necg/index.cgi?action=

Welcome to the club!
    Although I just left.

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a new game store in Framingham, Massachusetts called Game Universe that opened up a month or two ago. I think there's a couple of threads lying around so you should try a search.

By the way, has that copy of Earthworm Jim 3D I sold to you?
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about farther down on the east coast? I know of at least 10 game stores in my area by from accounts of a bud of mine he has been to many random pawn, thrift and consignment stores/shops I've never ventured to due to lack of ever seeing them. I know there's a couple others on the forums that live near me, maybe some of them will read this and know. I remember awhile back there was a thread that had a nifty link with a list of all the flea markets located around America, need to find that again.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Whatever happened to the idea of a DP wiki where we could all add game stores in our areas, to kind of help out in searches like this? Seems like a great time to get one going. I have no experience with these kinds of things, but I'm sure there's someone out there willing to get the ball rolling.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good idea! We need a Digital Press Online Wikipedia! I don't know if they'd allow you to list stores in it though. :/ What if we had a sticky in one of the forums where people list stores, what they sell, what types of prices and games they generally get, location, ect. and have a new link in the main menu for various store locations nationwide!
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's only one problem with a single thread about game stores, that is that when people really start responding you have to search through a million pages to find what your looking for, like the orphange. It is really difficult to find anything.

I think that if you can't do a map than, what would be easier to do or more organized would be to make a thread for each state much like there is a thread for each persons feedback. That way you just look through the state thread and find exact what your looking for without haveing to go through posts for states that don't concern yours. Enter game stores and flea markets with good regular booths, etc.

I think that everyone would like to see something of this affair, no matter how its laid out though.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by 50TBRD
    There's only one problem with a single thread about game stores, that is that when people really start responding you have to search through a million pages to find what your looking for, like the orphange. It is really difficult to find anything.

I think that if you can't do a map than, what would be easier to do or more organized would be to make a thread for each state much like there is a thread for each persons feedback. That way you just look through the state thread and find exact what your looking for without haveing to go through posts for states that don't concern yours. Enter game stores and flea markets with good regular booths, etc.

I think that everyone would like to see something of this affair, no matter how its laid out though.
    It could be managed just like the "complete list of gaming events" (in the events forum) where one person maintains the leadoff topic and edits/updates whenever new entries appear by other members.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That puts way too much burden on whoever starts the topic. I dont see why we couldn't get a DP Wiki up and running, with all of the people we have here that place could be packed full of useful stuff in the first two weeks it's up. And I'm sure we could list gaming stores, I don't see any reason why that wouldn't be allowed. I also have no idea how we'd get a DP Wiki started off, so this is all just my 2 cents.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default head

To make it simple and use what we've already got, we could just add a new Forum to the roundtable index, and have a thread for each state.
    There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Just to add a comment about that Framingham store. I also live in MA and visit that store frequently and one time i found a copy of Chase the Chuckwagon for $5 there. Figured I'd let you know it really is a good store, but i got the last of the underpriced "semi-grails".