Thread: Good places to snag ps1 games

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Good places to snag ps1 games

Since EB/Gamestop no longer accept them where are good places to find them besides Ebay
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunately, most online places are hit and miss on the good games and never tell you you if its complete or whether its a GHs or not, most of the time.

You can try Estarland.

Amazon is usually very expensive and you never get to see what the games actually look like.

My best suggestion is to go to an online trading sites and either trade or buy from them. But if you've never traded with anyone just becareful and check recent trades and only trade with well respected people. GameTZ is what I use but there are a lot of other sites.

Sometimes flea markets have good stuff but be prepared to wade through a ton of crappy games to find one good one and don't be suprised if you find that they want a but load for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't give up on EB/Gamestop stores just yet. I've been to a couple of stores recently that had loads of them. It seems that in some areas they are collecting all of their PSone stock and sending it to selected stores. Not ALL stores are getting them back. One store I went too had NONE a few months ago and now it has hundreds. A lot of crap and/or incomplete games but a few good ones in there. Call around!
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I know that Game Crazy still carries them for a bit cheaper than what it would cost on e-bay, and also check out non-chain video rental stores. I've been going to a classic game store that recently opened and they seem to have a good selection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Check the Buying & Selling forum. :P

Seriously, the last GameStop I was in recently had a huge bin w/ 3-4 long rows of them, in generic clear slim cases so you had to flip thru them to see.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I echo the Gamestop comment, my local one just got a ton of PS1 games, as well as a bunch of sealed Dreamcast NFL 2K1s and Genesis/NES carts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Around here specialty game store owners were gitty to discover EB/Gamestop decided to give up on PS1 and N64, it means more trades for them and business as well! I'd suggest finding those hidden used game stores in shopping centers and seeing what they have to offer. Also, if there's any pawn shops near those EB/GS stores stop by them frequently because when people get turned down they go to the nearest pawn shop! Of course depending on the pawn they may be out to screw you in prices, I on the other hand have a bunch of Cash Converters in the area and they have flooded with PS1 games and they sell all single disc games for $2 and double+ disc games for $5... (Yes, they sell Playstation games by how many discs the damn game has!)
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well the best places in wny buffalo ny area is basically two local independent game store and sometimes the super flea (outside inside like giant garage sale)

"A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard and a Setesh Guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment! The Serpent Guard's eyes glow, the Horus Guard's beak glistens, the Setesh Guard's nose drips!" Teal'c

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've seen brand new ones being sold at Rite-Aid for $5-10.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Believe-it-or-not, I've found a lot of new, sealed PSOne games tucked away in the back corner of the Radio Shack in town here in Ashland, WI for cheap. I picked up Silent Hill, Soul Blade, and Wild 9 the other day. The Gamestops in Duluth, MN have about 2 rows of PSOne games left, along with some N64...but they've been dwindling steadily. The Kmart in Ironwood, MI doesn't have any PSOne games left, but still have a few consoles with screens, probably on clearance (I know they're not full price, that's for sure).

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The last time I was in a Rite-Aid, there was a small selection of budget PSX titles.

The occasional Costco may still carry them, with possibly a greater variety of games. It was the last place I saw new copies of GH Castlevania: SOTN, although that was a few months back.
    If I failed to leave feedback for you on a deal, please contact me.
    My Digital Press Feedback

Insert Coin (Level 0) .Goomba24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gamestop does have some PS1 games. I got back a few minutes ago with two new games. I beleive somebody already said that they are only at a few stores..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Good places to snag ps1 games

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Charlie
    Since EB/Gamestop no longer accept them where are good places to find them besides Ebay
    quote="Chainsaw_Charlie"]Since EB/Gamestop no longer accept them where are good places to find them besides Ebay[/quote]

Offline you are just gonna have to catch them where you can get them. Garage sales, pawnshops, thrift stores and, Flea Markets are usually a good place to start.

If you find a good deal on something from another systems you aren't collecting you might think about pick it up anyway. You never know what will make a good trade item.