Thread: VGXPO fees

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default VGXPO fees

whats with the 25 dollar (one day) enterance fee? Last year it was free. What gives? Is there something big im missing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I kinda wondered that too... I guess it's cool that they'll have the arcade open all night Friday and Saturday, but $50 is more than CGE, and the same as CAX, but CAX had 400+ arcades. It may be totally worth it... the all night gaming thing sounds awesome, and opening Friday night is cool too, but to go from free to $50 is kinda a big shock. At least it won't be filled with all the consumer expo crap and the kids that got dragged along to the consumer expo though .

I guess maybe it's the end of free shows... ECGxpo is charging too now, but $15 is very reasonable IMO.

DogP
    Virtual Boy Lives @ Project: VB

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: VGXPO & Video Games Live!

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman943
    whats with the 25 dollar (one day) enterance fee? Last year it was free. What gives? Is there something big im missing?
    I believe if you go to the vgxpo.com site you'll see it's only $35 for the whole weekend if you pre-register and it should be well worth that. I honestly believe that this show will be THE major games event open to the public within the next year or two and the all night gaming and partying should be gi-normous. And not to be too BLUNT about it, but anybody who wants to party with a gaming fossil, please look me up, okay?

Hope to see a lot of you folks there!

Also anyone in travel range of the LA area should come on down to the Hollywood Bowl for the 9/21 Video Games Live! extravaganza. Vince Desi of Running With Scissors and I will be flying out to do the red carpet and meet & greet event. And I know Tommy T has really reached out to the "names" in the industry and should have a ton of fascinating folks on hand. Hell, it's worth the money just to meet Vince Desi, who's the coolest guy in the business. This show is a certified blast and something every gamer who gets the chance should see.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ed's started the official DP VGXPO thread. Please continue further discussions here:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92340
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...