Thread: "The (Horrible) Wait"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default "The (Horrible) Wait"

Did a search didn't come up with anything pertaining to this. When was the last time you won something on eBay and you REALLY REALLY REALLY couldn't wait for it to arrive, and what was it?

Me, I am currently boiling with anticipation on what is my greatest score (at least to me, that is) since geez... I haven't felt THIS elated since 2003 when I won a 29 issue set of Sega Saturn Magazine (the holy grail, highly sought after collector's UK magazine that a complete 37-set went for close to $300 on eBay this past May)

Every once in a while you win "the big one".... and man, it's truly those moments that you realize why eBay is such an awesome force. (Sorry I won't say what I won until it is in my hands)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ntanner

Happened to me about 9 months ago...and it was a disaster when the package arrived. The seller obviously didn't think it necessary to mention that the games on the picture of his auction weren't exactly the games he was shipping (the auction was for a dreamcast including games). He also forgot to mention that some of the games were copies. And he didn't even bother to buy some cases or at least sleves for those copies...

Hope you're luckier than I was :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Would be when I won an auction of 25 NES games for $65 shipped, and the lot included Flintstones 2. You see, the seller only shipped within the states and accepted paypal, and being in Canada and not having paypal, got my buddy in the states to buy it and send it to me.

Now, everything went well in doing this, and the package was due to him in three days. But he had the games sent to his old address! This delayed the package for about a week (and while that was a long week, it was better than my fear of the package going missing) so needless to say when it finally arrived I was tearing through that box like it was christmas morning!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i won about 5-6 auctions last week, and i've waited 7 days and nothing yet lol

its been a very long dry week.. if nothing comes today (saturday) and i have to wait until monday i'm going to shoot myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nesmaster
    Would be when I won an auction of 25 NES games for $65 shipped, and the lot included Flintstones 2. You see, the seller only shipped within the states and accepted paypal, and being in Canada and not having paypal, got my buddy in the states to buy it and send it to me.

Now, everything went well in doing this, and the package was due to him in three days. But he had the games sent to his old address! This delayed the package for about a week (and while that was a long week, it was better than my fear of the package going missing) so needless to say when it finally arrived I was tearing through that box like it was christmas morning!
    NICE! I guess he misspelled something, or most likely he didn't include Flintstones 2 in the auction header? Still, I assume most NES buyers would see that auction regardless and hawk it. You really got lucky

scott, when it rains it can pour. I remember times where I had 2 or 3 "shaky" deals in the same week... bad enough to worry about 1 transaction going right, but 3 at the same time? I feel ya.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Not only was it not in the header, it wasn't listed at all :P. It was simply misspelled "Flinstones" in the listing, and in the tiny picture was buried in the back row, IIRC. Remains my best ebay find to date.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I won a lot of SNES games, including Aero Fighters, for around $20. The auction was poorly listed, though not so poorly that those with interest should have been unable to find it. I was afraid that someone would see the auction after it was over and offer more money.

There was even a reseller that had placed a bid, but apparently he/she didn't realize the total value of the games. This auction was probably my best/luckiest win during the time I was putting together my SNES collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by outsider
    I was afraid that someone would see the auction after it was over and offer more money.
    I hear that, that's why I always am slightly worried after STEALING a great game, until it arrives I can't help but worry a little bit that "it's too good to be true."

I mean, I am going through this now with a guy who I won a game for 25, when it should have ended in the 50's if not 60's.

A month now and no game. At least he offered me a refund though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At one time I bought an "as-is" nomad on ebay for 18 dollars......I waited until it arrived thinking it might need some fixing...and guess what...

When it arrived it worked flawlessly! I was really excited about my $18 US nomad!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

A year ago, I won a complete, mint, first edition copy of Sid Meier's Pirates! for C64. It took over 3 weeks to get it I was starting to get worried about it, but it turned out great.

This is one of my favorite games of all time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dubiouscubanx

A few months back, someone here on DP posted a link for a nomad on ebay. The seller listed it as a Genesis, and there was no mention of nomad at all in the description. The pic was a nomad w/ case and 4 games. Needlesstosay, no one else bid on it, and I got it for $30 shipped! Couldn't wait for it to show up, and when it did, I couldn't stop playing it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funny you should post this as I am currently in the middle of my worst waiting experience since I started on eBay back in 1998. I won this almost a month ago. The seller is dragging things out and it is killing me. These rarely show up on eBay and I can't wait to get my hands on it.
    My SEGA racers at Arcade Crusade!

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I feel that way right now. Just won a complete Super Bomberman 2 on ebay this evening through a stroke of luck. I was outbid on it last night and wasn't going to bother rebidding, so I come home from work tonight to an email saying that the highest bidder retracted his bid and I was the highest! So I rebid higher and watched for snipers as the auction was ending tonight.

My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Radiac
    Funny you should post this as I am currently in the middle of my worst waiting experience since I started on eBay back in 1998. I won this almost a month ago. The seller is dragging things out and it is killing me. These rarely show up on eBay and I can't wait to get my hands on it.
    wow I never even knew there was that kind of version, very nice. I hope it all works out for you. That's a fine score, BTW, how much do they usually go for? I have NO idea on the NG market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Myriad 6-in-1 I bought off of ebay was the worst wait I have ever been through.
    I bought it, and paid for super-duper-express shipping and the guy (SteveW here on DP) said it would be at my door the next day. A day went by and it didn't come. I wasn't mad or anything like that, it was just bugging me so much that I spent 18 months trying to complete a collection and now it all comes down to waiting for one thing to come in the mail.