Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm One of *Them* Now

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achika
    Hmmm.....Xbox/Microsoft is a very touchy subject with anyone here, whether you are a die-hard fan or not.

I admit, I was swung by the awesome graphics of DoA3 so I got a XBox on launch day. It crashed and burned a week later. I returned it for a working one and have only taken it back out to play another once or twice over the next few months. But nearly everyday the Xbox in our store gets the classic Microsoft BSoD. Even after using the refresh disc. Harddrive? Pfft. You fill it up with saved games and your box WILL start to crash when you play games.

It's alright. So far, this year hasn't been as good as it could have been. It does not have a lot to offer for many different audiences. Granted, games like DoA 3, Halo, Oddworld, Project Gotham and maybe 2-3 others a visually stimulating, but nothing new. Xbox did get the best console port of Max Payne. Games like Toe Jam & Earl 3, Panzar Dragoon Orta, and DoA Volleyball are coming out as XBox exclusives, but the only thing that's hurting them, is they are not out now. Lots of people are getting rid of them, not caring what's in the future. They want what's now.

Like I said, it's alright for some people it's alright but that doesn't mean it's for me. I've only got 5 games. I'm bored with them. I bought some so I could have something to play or thinking the game would be great but it turned out that they were mediocre sequels. 1 I bought on release day and haven't played. I'm getting 2 games free from Microsoft for the retailers program, but it's nothing special to me. I probably trade them in for DC games.

This next statement is a generalization from Xbox owners that I help everyday, and not intended to offend anyone on this site:
    The Xbox is directed at males ages 20-40 that like sports and cars.

There I said it. Look at all the car/racing inspired games that are on the system. I also help many people that are disappointed in the system, thinking they would have had a ton more games and many more genres. There are families who have this as a family system, and no one can play games, because there are no 'E' rated good adventure games for kids.
    Wow, I bet you feel kind of silly for that post now.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Wow this thread is 4 years old. I wonder if the person you quoted is even still around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the xbox can be bought for $99.95AUD at alot of retailers
    as of this week, with my MS rep informing me that all hardware
    and software support will be finished at the end of the year.
    zomg I have a sig

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up a brand new xbox two months ago and I've been pleased with it. The first game I beat on it was Panzer Dragoon Orta. That is a really good looking game. I have several more Sega games for it like Gunvalkyrie and both Otogi 1&2.

Right now is a good time to pick up games for it since retailers are droping prices. I got Half Life 2 for $9 at Circuit City. I picked up Jade Empire for $10 from Sears. TRU also has some good deals.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Achika is still around, but not as much as before.

As for quoting a 4-year-old post and hold it against its author: hmm, so what's your point, Zadoc? Wow, I bet you feel kind of silly for quoting her now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird
    Of course GENESISNES speaks from experience since he owns an Xbox & has played all the games on it to give his observation.
    Thanks I know who to ask when I should get wondering about Xnox meself :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Quote Originally Posted by NintenDk
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird
    Of course GENESISNES speaks from experience since he owns an Xbox & has played all the games on it to give his observation.
    Thanks I know who to ask when I should get wondering about Xnox meself :P
    God, I wish I could speak the English like you...... :P

BROKEN!
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, I still don't much like the Xbox, and I own a cuppla them.

Then again I am a DC fiend these days....

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye

As for quoting a 4-year-old post and hold it against its author: hmm, so what's your point, Zadoc?
    Obviously how wrong the author proved to be with time. (Not to mention the lie about the bsod, that one had me rolling!)

Wow, I bet you feel kind of silly for quoting her now.
    Why should I?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zadoc
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye

As for quoting a 4-year-old post and hold it against its author: hmm, so what's your point, Zadoc?
    Obviously how wrong the author proved to be with time. (Not to mention the lie about the bsod, that one had me rolling!)

Wow, I bet you feel kind of silly for quoting her now.
    Why should I?
    I agree zadoc lets quote the girls and then have them tell us we feel silly for such and such purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Tune
    God, I wish I could speak the English like you...... :P

BROKEN!
    honest typographical error, if you follow me

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bump for a old post that I found entertaining. I do like the xbox, and the games listed by the OP are pretty good games. I wonder if the original xbox will gain a dreamcast-like following? Probably not, given the backwards compatablility of the 360. anyways . . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, there were some annoying people in this thread...

Anyway, I'm still not crazy about the Xbox. The generalization Achika made about it being geared towards 20-40 year olds who like sports and cars really rings true for me. It seems like all the games are crappy testosterone games. There are maybe 20 games out of the whole library I would want.

And no, this isn't an anti-MS post, I own a 360 and have played it almost exclusively since I got it. Aside from the obvious hardware problems I think MS did a great job with their second generation system.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow, way to revive a 6 year old thread.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Riiiisssseee From The Grave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I live. Again!

*grabs pitchfork*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow... while we're at it let's see if there are any more old posts we can dig up...

Quote Originally Posted by I'm making this up...
    I recently returned from Virginia after visiting some relatives. One of which owns a Colecovision. I never played one before; even with the displays in various department stores, there were just too many kids around to wait for the system to become free. As luck would have it, I actually got to play a Colecovision uninterrupted. The games; Donkey Kong, Zaxxon, Turbo, and Q*Bert. The system is better than I expected in all areas; fluent movements, superior sound, great capabilities (listening to Michael Jackson while playing Turbo is great!), and excellent visuals. I used to shy away from Coleco's creation, but now I want more... and I intend to get it.

With so many people hating the Colecovision, those who actually like the system get drowned out. Well, I'm one of them now; I think the system, in a lot of respects, is better than the Atari 2600, which leads the market. Yeah, it's big and it's heavy, but who cares? If you don't have the energy to lift a Colecovision, don't worry about video games. Go grab yourself a Kit Kat bar and a sandwich! The system has more than my respect; it's got a reserved space on the shelf next to my Atari 2600.
    By the way, I hope that quote gets some mad props, it took forever to do

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Wow... while we're at it let's see if there are any more old posts we can dig up...

By the way, I hope that quote gets some mad props, it took forever to do
    Yeah that sounds like some strange viral marketing hocus pocus. Insert system or game of your choice.

I love my XBOX. I'm not a Microsoft fan by any means though... as I own an apple computer and don't (and won't) own a 360 for the foreseeable future.
    got it late in it's lifespan, and now that it's a dead system I'm picking up all the games for cheap. I have about 75 right now, and while it may be a heavily male oriented system... I don't play a lot of sports games or racing games and have found much to enjoy. On the other hand, while we're making generalizations... it can be said that the GC was a system for people who like kids games, and the PS2 is a system for people with erections for anime.

When I happen across "revived" posts... I often wonder about these long gone members who have 2000+ posts and why they left. It seems there are quite a few of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

There's actually a decent amount of games on the original Xbox I've found. I can't stand sports games or racing games, but I personally have over 200 titles across most genres. Yes, most are a bit heavy on the testosterone, but I like and appreciate that in comparison to the GameCube, which was my first purchase of the last generation of consoles. Now you can pick up used games dirt cheap, it's a good one to snatch up and pick up a bunch of quality games for. Too bad I still can't find a copy of Barbie Adventures (the rarest game on the system) to round out my collection.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    And no, this isn't an anti-MS post, I own a 360 and have played it almost exclusively since I got it. Aside from the obvious hardware problems I think MS did a great job with their second generation system.
    If you mean they did a great job getting many good games on a system that convulses and shits itself at random intervals like a epileptic and brain damaged Labradoodle; you'd be correct sir.

Microsoft has a ways to go, but they are just about there. I just picked up an Xbox this last December and I think I'm up to about 25 games for the system. Mostly, thanks to their current cheapness. For me, I got into the system at the right time. If I was a launch customer I'd be more than a little ticked off at this point. Now, I can actually enjoy the system rather than lament and regret it. It took all the way to the last few weeks of 07, but I am also "One of *THEM* Now" too.
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 05-21-2008 at 01:22 AM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The xbox was a great system, one of my top 3 actually(along with the Nes and PS1). It had a ton of great games that many have tried to side step in vain with idiotic statements such as "all that system has is Halo".

Just to name a few of it's great games: Halo 1 and 2, Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic 1 and 2, Star Wars: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Jedi Outcast, Star Wars: Republic Commando, Otogi 1 and 2, Fable, Elder Scrolls 3, Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden Black, Doom 3 and Farcry. Of course, thats just a small sample but you get the idea.

Also, the xBox had the greatest online multiplayer community in existence and that legacy continues today in the 360. The Xbox shall go down as one of the greatest US made systems of all time.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.