Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Questions on Sealed Horizontal line on Ms. Pacman and Felix

hey guys i figured someone on here might have factory sealed copies of

Felix The Cat for the NES
    Ms. Pacman Namco for the NES

Well i was wondering if they have a horizontal line. See i just found both of these games for $6.00 each and they are both sealed but neither have a horizontal line on them so i suspected they are reseals but just wanted to make sure before i might open them lol. either way i thought $6.00 was a good deal for either one complete so i was just wondering. they looks brand new and the guy didnt seem shifty at all so i dunno know? and i mean he didnt really know his prices because he solde me a bubble bobble 2 for $6.00. So i wouldnt think he would be into resealing o i dunno know? any help pics? or anything thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

know has these games sealed to check em out??

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe the Ms. Pacman does have the horizontal line on the back. A copy sold about a month back for over $500 on ebay. The Felix the Cat I'm not sure about. If it is legit and you want to sell, keep me in mind

EDIT: Ok...just checking up on that Ms. Pacman, I don't think it does have the seam. I checked the last one on ebay (didn't sell at $200) and it didn't have the seam either. The one before that is the one that sold over $500.
    NintendoAGE - The best NES database engine available on the net!

My Collection - Well, kinda. One of these days I will actually get a pic of the whole collection and post it on there. Until then, I only have a few games in there with some additional collection info stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dude im telling ya it looks like it IS factory sealed. not a crease or mark on it anywhere, just no horizontal line?? Anymore info anybody??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bump. anyone elses thoughts??

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Dude, if they're $6, I'd take the risk. Buy them, take pictures. Even if they're reseals that's NOT a bad price for CIB copies of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a felix the cat sealed and it DOES have the seam on the back.
    Ms Pac Man is not worth anywhere near $500, I believe the namco version has a seam? Not sure on that though but I am positive on felix the cat. Both are worth picking up though, felix the cat is a pretty obscure title, especially complete.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can verify that many legit copies of Namco Ms. Pacman do not have a horizontal seam in the shrink wrap.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is no way it's worth the $500 it sold for. Same with that sealed Mario Arcade Classics that just solf for $800. But I was just stating that it's worth alot more than $6

Parpunk, perhaps get a hold of Bronty to see if he can help you out as noone is sure about those lines. He would know
    NintendoAGE - The best NES database engine available on the net!

My Collection - Well, kinda. One of these days I will actually get a pic of the whole collection and post it on there. Until then, I only have a few games in there with some additional collection info stuff.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am 110 percent positive on the felix the cat, it DOES have the seam. not sure about the ms pac man. I believe the tengen versions had no seam (my other tengen games have none, including the tengen tetris I bought from bronty but it seems odd that the other version would not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm well funny thing is i inspected the game tonight from top to bottom and every corner and there is NO evidence at all of it ever being opened. i mean there isnt a crease on it at all. no where looks Pristine Sealed. and the seal goes the whole way around the spine of the game like other nes titles do but there just isnt a seam. it seems to me no one could have remade a seal this good, or anywhere close. plus the seal is extremely tight. so i dunno know. yea ill try to track down bronty and see what he says. very strange to find these. the other game i got sealed for 6 bucks was adventure island 2 and it DOES have a horizontal seam. thanks for the info so far, i hope i can figure this out. thanks!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raregamergirl
    I am 110 percent positive on the felix the cat, it DOES have the seam. not sure about the ms pac man. I believe the tengen versions had no seam (my other tengen games have none, including the tengen tetris I bought from bronty but it seems odd that the other version would not.
    agreed re felix. I'm 110% sure myself.

Pacman namco - I don't have proof positive one way or another. I've seen lots of pristine unopened copies without the seam. Put it this way, there are copies without the seam that are either factory sealed or part of some sort of mass rewrap perhaps at the distributor level. I.e. either factory sealed or basically as good as factory sealed. There's a couple other titles like this including ms pacman.

Tengen isn't really relevant here as we're talking about namco, but the tengen licensed version of pacman does have the seam, the unlicensed tengen doesn't.

Sara - some, not all, of the tengen games do actually have a subtle vertical overlap seam up the back. Never a horizontal though except in the case of the licensed tengens.

cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

THANKS A LOT BRONTY!!!