Thread: 80% of Ps3 Systems will be the $599 Version for Launch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default 80% of Ps3 Systems will be the $599 Version for Launch

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1403.56205.htm
    This for those who are wondering about the percentage or what sony was about to do with the different versions after the 400,000 systems for Launch anouncement for North America.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I saw that too.

I really think the lower end system idea is not a good one.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm, that makes no sense (in response to sony's actions). If I recall correctly, the only real difference is 1080p, if so, then those with regular tv's have no use for that system, so why pay 100 extra dollars for a useless feature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OdSquad64
    PSN
    OdSquad64

the $600 version has HDMI, a 60 GB HDD, memory card readers and wireless adapter, so even without HDTV there are still advantages

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The biggest factor of the more expensive one is the fact that it's future proof. It has the HDMI plug, which is key for the future. Also, built in wireless is a nice thing, as well as the extra 40gb of HDD space. I actually don't have a HDTV with a HDMI plug, but I'm getting the premium version, because the value is just better in the long run. After owning a Xbox 360, I can tell you from first hand experience that having only 20 gigs of HDD space is not that great. It can fill up real quick when you are downloading tons of demos and movie trailers and all that crap. With 60 gigs of space, I'm not going to have to concern myself with how much space I have left if I'm downloading lots of demos and movie trailers and stuff.

There will be a point at sometime in the future when I get a 1080p HDTV, and when that happens, that HDMI plug will come in real handy.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    The biggest factor of the more expensive one is the fact that it's future proof. It has the HDMI plug, which is key for the future. Also, built in wireless is a nice thing, as well as the extra 40gb of HDD space. I actually don't have a HDTV with a HDMI plug, but I'm getting the premium version, because the value is just better in the long run. After owning a Xbox 360, I can tell you from first hand experience that having only 20 gigs of HDD space is not that great. It can fill up real quick when you are downloading tons of demos and movie trailers and all that crap. With 60 gigs of space, I'm not going to have to concern myself with how much space I have left if I'm downloading lots of demos and movie trailers and stuff.

There will be a point at sometime in the future when I get a 1080p HDTV, and when that happens, that HDMI plug will come in real handy.
    Holy shit, a post from Anthoy1 that isn't 10 000 words long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1

Holy shit, a post from Anthoy1 that isn't 10 000 words long.
    You know Njiska, I was about to say the exact same thing!

:P
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder why they make 2 models anyway. To save $100, its not really that much considering all the extra stuff you get in the premium package. If it was like $200 less then it would be more understandable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

Last week I found out you still gotta spend more money for the $600 version of PS3. It doesn't come with a HDTV cable.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U can get one of those cables for under $10 (was dicussed in another topic here not long ago) so its no big deal.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The real question is if you go to a store and the 600.00 is gone and the only one left is the 500.00 are you so desperate you will it?
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    The real question is if you go to a store and the 600.00 is gone and the only one left is the 500.00 are you so desperate you will it?
    Not a chance in hell. Its not like the core 360 where you can part it together.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    U can get one of those cables for under $10 (was dicussed in another topic here not long ago) so its no big deal.
    Idk man, I can do a lot with $10. Anyways, the point is its pretty lame to have a system have a certain feature and not include the cable to use it.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ye, i totaly know what you mean. I guess they didnt include it to save money. Eventho its fairly cheap, when you exlude millions of cables they save alot.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja

So supposedly one can use a PS2 component cable? Is that what that's about? I would love to see confirmation that you can really use PS2 audio/video cables. If that's the case, then yes, not having a component cable isn't that big a deal at all, but I personally would be very suprised to see Sony have their old A/V plug on there. I know they did the backwards compatibility thing with the PS1 A/V cable and PS1 controllers for the PS2, and while that's very nice from a consumer standpoint, from a business standpoint that's pretty dumb. That extra $29.99 accessory purchase would really help them out, but if people can use old PS2 component cables, then they aren't going to get those accessory sales, like they would have. If you buy a 360 core, you can't use old Xbox 1 component cables, and that means you have to spend at least $19.99 on a 360 accessory (if you go with one of the cheap 3rd party ones), and every little bit helps to cover the subsidy of selling the hardware at a loss.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was thinking more of one of these

http://www.buyextras.com/3fehdtohdgoc.html

I dont know if you can use the current PS2 cable on the PS3.