Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shops In Ohio?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Video Trader in Brice Outlet Mall recently changed owners and/or operators I think.

The old owner, who had a huge inventory of old stuff from Atari 2600 - on, has apparently moved to either Pataskala or Pickerington, according to the shop's new owners. He really had a lot of stuff, that old owner, but it was in such disarray and left in piles on the floor behind the desk, that it was hard for me to go in there. He also took old stuff in as trade ins, which was nice. I dumped a lot of extra stuff that I couldn't eBay there earlier this year.

The new shop has an exremely limited selection of NES to current generation stuff. However, it's clean and organized.

Ruffie

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you ever make it up north (Toledo, Cleveland, Akron) there is an excellent chain called The Exchange. I've probably built 70% of my collection from these stores. Great selection, good prices, and always the occasional rare.
    http://www.maximumcrowe.net/maximumc...outhpark3.jpeg

I bet Tugger wants to hear a song off me new album!

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

You know... it's finally nice to know who has been getting all the good stuff at my favorite stores over the past few years
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken
    Theres a place in Pickerington that I have not been to in a long while. Went down the drain...
    Are you talking about Press Start Gaming? I happened to be in the area and spotted it from 256. I spent a few minutes looking around, but guess what? That's all of the time it took to examine their wares. The staff was friendly, but the selection of older stuff is severely lacking. I picked up a loose Robotrek (SNES) for $2, since I've wanted it for a while, and made my way out the door.

Like I said, they seem nice and all, but a bit of a dissapointment.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23
    You know... it's finally nice to know who has been getting all the good stuff at my favorite stores over the past few years
    Yeah, I hit up everyone in the area bi-weekly. I have the route from one store to another down to a science. Sorry about that scooter :P . Aren't you in Columbus though? Do they have The Exchange down there?
    http://www.maximumcrowe.net/maximumc...outhpark3.jpeg

I bet Tugger wants to hear a song off me new album!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Chakan
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken
    Theres a place in Pickerington that I have not been to in a long while. Went down the drain...
    Are you talking about Press Start Gaming? I happened to be in the area and spotted it from 256. I spent a few minutes looking around, but guess what? That's all of the time it took to examine their wares. The staff was friendly, but the selection of older stuff is severely lacking. I picked up a loose Robotrek (SNES) for $2, since I've wanted it for a while, and made my way out the door.

Like I said, they seem nice and all, but a bit of a dissapointment.
    Yeah that's the place. Was a Video Games Express a while back (formerly owned by Burt at the Grove City store; he also had the former Bethel store and the current Schrock Rd. store).

I stopped going there; was just a hang out, nothing to look at any more.

Another place some might check out is BuyBacks at Georgesville Plaza. They have a ton of N64 and PS1 stuff, and some Gameboy games. Nothing older than that. Theor prices are high, but they do have inventory.

Later,
    Trebuken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the Cincinnati area, there is also Games Galore in Cincinnati Mills Mall. Also, it's nice to see so many DP'ers from Ohio.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

<skaar> Let's triforce our dicks

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow. didnt realize there were that many collectors in the area... we all need to have a pow wow and put all of our information together keep each other updated on current items located at the stores we goto...
    think ill set my "lowscore.net" forum up for that... its been dead since the day i set it up, would be nice to get some kind of use outta it...
    anybody else keen on this idea?

send me a pm... just so i know who to get ahold of.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Checked out VGE in Grove City yesterday. The store was fairly clean, the guys working the shop were friendly & knowledgeable, and their prices were alright. Most of the items are NES, Genny, SNES, and then later. Nice store, though. I'll visit it whenever I happen to be in the area now.

We went to Southland Expo Center and Westland Flea Market while we were going around 270 and OMFG! The booths are still marking their prices a bit high. One guy had "a stack" of naked Zelda: LTTP carts priced @ $19.99. There was one guy stuck in a tiny booth in the far side of one of the buildings that had reasonably priced carts ($2 NES, $3 SNES/GEN), but was down to just sports titles and really common NES games.

I had been there a few years back and remember one of the vendors had an abused copy of Dark Wizard for Sega CD priced at like $80! The guy must make some sales here and there, because his shop was still in the same exact spot. Crazy!

Makes me want to open my own store somewhere in central Ohio. ><

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Chakan, where in Ohio are you? I'm in Athens, an hour from Lancaster and Parkersburg (closer to 45 minutes, but still).
    Egbert, I miss you...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm living in Lancaster, actually. I know Athens pretty well. I lived there for the majority of 2002.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

we need to get one of those maps goin...shit...cant think of its name off hand....where you type in an address and the push pin comes up... ... anyways...its early you know what im talkin about...we should have one for ohio. thats all im sayin.

back to work.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

we need to get one of those maps goin...shit...cant think of its name off hand....where you type in an address and the push pin comes up... ... anyways...its early you know what im talkin about...we should have one for ohio. thats all im sayin.

back to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Smallest Video game Store in the World

Soon to be opening in Lakewood, OH., another Video Game Connection. Well actually Classic Arcade Superstore featuring games of Video Game Connection. Charlie of http://retroarcaderepair.com/ will have many Great Classic Arcade Games there for sale and I will have a ton of Classic Console Games for sale. I have run out of room at my other store in Cleveland Ohio and needed a place for more of my Classic Stuff. The Cleveland store will remain and have all the Classics it did before, but I will have some extra goodies at this new location. Heres some progress pics and Videos:

http://www.videogameconnection.com/CAS/

Pic 11, 12 & 13 are the room before I got in there. Notice the pong is still in my room, to be moved out tomorrow. Soon I will be opening the Smallest Video Game store in the world.

Mike : )
    Video Game Connection
    ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO Wii
    Ebay User ID : vgc

Strawberry (Level 2) Mr.collection's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes a Game store map of Ohio would be nice, but not for my wallet.

The Exchange is a great place depending on which one you go to the staff is not that great. I got my Maxi-15 there and I always see if there is one near where I am if I travel.
    To expand on what MrSmiley381 said:
    Fun City is in Parma by an Exchange and a chinese resturant named Double Dragon.
    James' Games, Lakewood, yes the guy is a retard but that just makes for good prices on games.
    Flashback is in Amherst, and was a great store until the guy sold it now some retards run it and James is slowly buying them out.
    Feedback
    Don't think of me as a youngn' just a collector that learned his basics from a Pico.
    I just like that tingling feeling in my eyeballs when I play VB.
    I am looking for a Mini Neo Geo 2- slot 13".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Smallest Video game Store in the World

Quote Originally Posted by vgc
    Soon to be opening in Lakewood, OH., another Video Game Connection. Well actually Classic Arcade Superstore featuring games of Video Game Connection. Charlie of http://retroarcaderepair.com/ will have many Great Classic Arcade Games there for sale and I will have a ton of Classic Console Games for sale. I have run out of room at my other store in Cleveland Ohio and needed a place for more of my Classic Stuff. The Cleveland store will remain and have all the Classics it did before, but I will have some extra goodies at this new location. Heres some progress pics and Videos:

http://www.videogameconnection.com/CAS/

Pic 11, 12 & 13 are the room before I got in there. Notice the pong is still in my room, to be moved out tomorrow. Soon I will be opening the Smallest Video Game store in the world.

Store is now open, Bringing in new stock each day til its full. Here's yesterdays look, Yeah pong is still in the room :

http://www.videogameconnection.com/C...Build%2023.MPG

Classic Arcade Superstore
    13614 Detroit Ave. Lakewood Ohio 44107
    M,T,Th,F,Sa Noon-6PM 216-226-1980

I will be working all hours : )

Today Chuck A. ( Pac-Man on his License Plate ) Whooped me at Kaboom getting like 20,000 in his 1st game. See vid below:

http://www.videogameconnection.com/M...om%20Champ.MPG

Video Game Connection
    ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO Wii
    Ebay User ID : vgc

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome thread! I'll echo what Carey said, it's great to see so many DP'ers in Ohio.

When I was at school in Toledo, we dropped by a small place called Video Game Underground on Sylvania Avenue. I knew it would be a good place when I went in and there was a Blazing Star arcade cabinet. If I remember correctly, if you beat the high score, you got a free game of choice (although the score was ridiculously high). Anyway, don't remember much about the prices, but the place was really cool and, despite being small, seemed to have a good selection at the time. It's been a few years though, so I don't know how much has changed since then. They have a web site http://www.vgug.com and their commercials are hilarious. Recommended, from what little I remember about the place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Again, very cool to see so many collectors from Ohio.

I'm from the Cincinnati area, so I can chime in on our stores here. Game Swap is a good place, usually has a lot to choose from, but their prices do tend to be high.

Games Galore is cool, but really small. Their selection isn't very big, but sometimes you can find some really good stuff there. It's not uncommon to find complete SNES rpgs there.

As for the chains, the Game Crazy down in Florence, KY (just south of Cincinnati) is good. They don't have many classic games anymore, but the employees there are great.

If you're in my part of the area, southeast Indiana, there's a decent little pawn shop called The Trading Post down by the courthouse in Lawrenceburg. They sometimes have some good finds. I saw a Suikoden there once, and I kick myself every day for not picking it up!
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!