Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii to launch November 19th at $249.99

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We can't at this point since the only games coming out that there are several screenshots of are by Ubisoft or have a graphical style that defies what most people are looking for (i.e., not photorealistic graphics).

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

even if Nintendo is making profit, well.........GOOD FOR THEM!

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All this shit is getting real stupid; "Wii isn't next-gen", "Waaaa, it's too expensive", "OMG, evil nasty Nintendo is making a PROFIT!!! Those bastards!", "Pack-in game? That's an antiquated practice now isn't it? Boo to Nintendo!" and all the other pointless dribble being oozed into an otherwise worthwhile thread. It's all well and good to disagree... but first be sure your standing on firm ground before sharing your opinions. Otherwise, you just end up playing asshat on the internet.

Saber had an excellent point that seems to have been washed over by BS. The casual gamer IS having a difficult time seeing the generational improvement from last to this. Hell, I'm having a problem seeing a marked improvement to tell you the truth and I've been rockin' a joystick for 20 years now. While Wii may not have the technical horsepower you'd expect in a next-gen system, I find it refreshing that Nintendo rather than making Wii a hardware increment over the Gamecube chose to focus on something the consumer would instantly see as an obvious difference... Interface!!! Nintendo must have realized that something different would have to be done to hit that wow-factor that the previous generations of gaming systems have produced with pretty eye candy. Semiconductors are reaching their limit in power (barring a revolutionary new technology that allows them to tap more power out of them of course). Why else do you think that CPU's are multi-core these days? It's not because it's the most cost effective way to improve performance, but rather the only way.

Look at Wii again and tell me, it is not worth $250. Wiimote tech is a huge leap forward, and anyone can experience this when the kiosks hit stores. I have a feeling there will be lines in retail aisles full of people waiting to see what this "updated Gamecube" can do. Think that I'm high? Think again. Parallel the DS to Wii, they are quite simular. Both are technologicly inferior to the competition it all aspects except INTERFACE! I'll admit, I thought the DS was going to be horrible. A veritable trainwreck that could only visit the Virtual Boy at Christmas and be excluded from all Nintendo family functions forever due to it's suckitude. And nearly two years latter where are we now? Exactly. If it wasn't for the DS I'd probably join right in with the bitch squad, but the DS experience I've had this last year has helped me to trust Nintendo and see where they are going with the whole Wii thing.

This post will be avaliable in it's unabridged book form this Monday morning @ 7am EST at amazon.com. My apologies to Anthony for messing around in his balliwick of longer-than-hell-sayz-they-should-be posts.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anthony, I agree with your analysis about the earlier systems, but you are basing your entire argument that the Wii is making a much more significant profit than any of Nintendo's previous systems on the mere SPECULATION that the Wii isn't a significant improvement over the Gamecube.

Can't buy that one yet. There's a chance it may turn out to be true, but as of now it's pure speculation.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight
    All this shit is getting real stupid; "Wii isn't next-gen", "Waaaa, it's too expensive", "OMG, evil nasty Nintendo is making a PROFIT!!! Those bastards!", "Pack-in game? That's an antiquated practice now isn't it? Boo to Nintendo!" and all the other pointless dribble being oozed into an otherwise worthwhile thread. It's all well and good to disagree... but first be sure your standing on firm ground before sharing your opinions. Otherwise, you just end up playing asshat on the internet.

I'll go ahead and assume that all of the above comments are directed at me. The reason I make my threads long, is to make a real attempt at not having my statements and comments "mis-interpreted". Unfortunately, it appears that this is impossible, because everybody seems to come away with the general idea that I'm anti-Nintendo and anti-Wii and all that crap. I'll say it once, and I'll say it a thousand times, I'm buying a Wii on day one, and I sure as heck wouldn't be buying one, if I wasn't excited about getting one. I'm not going to drop $300+ on something that I have no interest in. I'm very excited about the possibilities of gaming on the Wii.

At the same time, that doesn't mean that it's impossible for anything about the Wii to bother me or slightly irritate me. Take the Star Wars prequels for example. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I actually like all 3 prequels. But I can also nitpick the living hell out of all 3. Overall, I like all three movies, even Phantom Menace, but I can also give you a long list of things about those movies that bother me to no end. The Wii is very similar. I like the Wii, and plan on getting one the second they are available. I'm going to spend over $350 on Wii related items on that first day. But it doesn't mean that every single thing Wii related is sunshine and rainbows. Sure I would love the Wii to be cheaper, and sure I would love the Wii to be a little more powerful, but that doesn't mean I'm anti-Wii or anti-Nintendo. I don't understand why some of the people in this thread are getting this impression. I'm not sure they are really reading my actual posts, or reading one or two sentences, and then immediately forming some opinion that I'm anti-Nintendo. It's like they read one or two sentences, get really mad, and then hit the quote button and immediately start attacking me.

Also, regarding Nintendo making a profit, I could care less if they are making a profit. That's their business. I'm not crying about that in the least. Somebody questioned whether or not they were really making a profit and how much of one, and I gave my opinion, but I'm not saddened in any way that they are making a profit from Jump Street. Good for them. I'm not anti-capitalism or anything like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1

I'll go ahead and assume that all of the above comments are directed at me. The reason I make my threads long, is to make a real attempt at not having my statements and comments "mis-interpreted". Unfortunately, it appears that this is impossible, because everybody seems to come away with the general idea that I'm anti-Nintendo and anti-Wii and all that crap. I'll say it once, and I'll say it a thousand times, I'm buying a Wii on day one, and I sure as heck wouldn't be buying one, if I wasn't excited about getting one. I'm not going to drop $300+ on something that I have no interest in. I'm very excited about the possibilities of gaming on the Wii.

At the same time, that doesn't mean that it's impossible for anything about the Wii to bother me or slightly irritate me. Take the Star Wars prequels for example. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I actually like all 3 prequels. But I can also nitpick the living hell out of all 3. Overall, I like all three movies, even Phantom Menace, but I can also give you a long list of things about those movies that bother me to no end. The Wii is very similar. I like the Wii, and plan on getting one the second they are available. I'm going to spend over $350 on Wii related items on that first day. But it doesn't mean that every single thing Wii related is sunshine and rainbows. Sure I would love the Wii to be cheaper, and sure I would love the Wii to be a little more powerful, but that doesn't mean I'm anti-Wii or anti-Nintendo. I don't understand why some of the people in this thread are getting this impression. I'm not sure they are really reading my actual posts, or reading one or two sentences, and then immediately forming some opinion that I'm anti-Nintendo. It's like they read one or two sentences, get really mad, and then hit the quote button and immediately start attacking me.

Also, regarding Nintendo making a profit, I could care less if they are making a profit. That's their business. I'm not crying about that in the least. Somebody questioned whether or not they were really making a profit and how much of one, and I gave my opinion, but I'm not saddened in any way that they are making a profit from Jump Street. Good for them. I'm not anti-capitalism or anything like that.
    Are you tired? You've done a lot of back peddling.You bitch about things in one post, and then claim not be bothered by them in the next, and repeat on an endless loop. What's worse is you repeat the same stuff over and over and when some one doesnt agree with you, you take disagreement as not understanding, and then say it again, and again, and again. I'm confused ... do you yhink Wii is a soped up Gamecube????? Please, don't answer that.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo
    Are you tired? You've done a lot of back peddling.You bitch about things in one post, and then claim not be bothered by them in the next, and repeat on an endless loop. What's worse is you repeat the same stuff over and over and when some one doesnt agree with you, you take disagreement as not understanding, and then say it again, and again, and again. I'm confused ... do you yhink Wii is a soped up Gamecube????? Please, don't answer that.

I don't know why you think you mean a lot to me.
    Do you honestly not know? Nearly every post you've made recently has been attacking Anthony. I'm not going to take sides but you're getting pretty annoying.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You bitch about things in one post, and then claim not be bothered by them in the next, and repeat on an endless loop.

Well, the things that I've been "supposedly" bitching about, like the $249.99 price, and the power of the system, I don't think I would qualify them as bitching, more like gripes. Sure, I would prefer no pack in and a $199.99 price, and I would also prefer the system to be more of a real next gen system, but these are just minor gripes. They really aren't that big of a deal. Reactions to my posts have made them a big deal, and I've come back in to defend my original takes. The reason why I'm not bothered by them, is because they were never that big of a deal in the first place. It's just more general whinning if you will.

It's like somebody bitching about the price of gas before filling up their tank with 89 octane. The big mistake is that I did it in a forum with alot of hardcore Nintendo lovers and every little gripe I had was turned into me being a huge Anti-Nintendo guy. So when the posts popped up, telling me to fuck off and such, I tried to kinda defend myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unlike their competition, Nintendo focuses on optimizing and properly desiging their systems, something which undoubtedly takes a large amount of time and effort. Who is naive enough to overlook that they managed to cram a system 2-3 times more powerful than the Gamecube in a shell which doesn't exceed the size of 3 DVD cases?

Anyway, the bottom line is this: Nintendo makes quality hardware. Although the Wii may not be the powerhouse the 360 and PS3 are, using the Gamecube as the base for the Wii has allowed Nintendo the following advantages:

1) Nintendo can actually make a profit on their systems from day one, and not lose millions of dollars by essentially buying their position in the marketplace
    2) The consumer doesn't have to pay out of the ass for the Wii
    3) Reliability. You won't need to spend even more money fixing the console every few months
    4) Instant backwards compatibility without any hassles
    5) Easy game development and low development costs (many companies have felt encouraged to make games for the Wii because of this).
    6) Last time I checked, the Wii dev kit will be sold for as low as $2000. Combined with 5, this implies increased 3rd party support.
    7) The console doesn't look like a redesigned PC :P

So in the end, both Nintendo and the consumers benefit from it. You may not be getting the graphical power of its competitors, but you'll be getting a system powerful enough to produce high-quality games, which is all that matters. If anyone here isn't happy with playing games that look 2-3 times as good as Resident Evil 4, then maybe you should examine your eyes or simply switch to PC gaming instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, the things that I've been "supposedly" bitching about, like the $249.99 price, and the power of the system, I don't think I would qualify them as bitching, more like gripes. Sure, I would prefer no pack in and a $199.99 price, and I would also prefer the system to be more of a real next gen system, but these are just minor gripes. They really aren't that big of a deal. Reactions to my posts have made them a big deal, and I've come back in to defend my original takes. The reason why I'm not bothered by them, is because they were never that big of a deal in the first place. It's just more general whinning if you will.
    So you are defending the use of certain adjectives against you instead of the actual allegations? Bitching, griping, whinning. Do you realize these words all mean the same thing? Honestly, I know my being annoyed by you annoys others, and I try to stay awya, because for someone who thinks there is a dark well drawn line between words that mean the same thing, you can't win. However, since you post this tripe almost EVERYWHERE, the only way to avoid you is to not come here at all. I like it here. I'll just try harder to stomach you ..... and figure out your new English.

For those of you who don't enjoy my bitching about Anthony, I'm not bitching... I'm whinning .... Good save huh Anthony!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenFlight

I don't know why you think you mean a lot to me.
    Do you honestly not know? Nearly every post you've made recently has been attacking Anthony. I'm not going to take sides but you're getting pretty annoying.
    Yes, I know. I'm tired of it myself. I've tried to walk away twice before, but he has no off switch, not even a slower speed. How covered in flies can a man get before he just has to start swatting wildly? I promise I'll TRY to police my frustrations in other ways in the future. All the blame can't be on me though, there's two of us, and only one of us is even TRYING to stand down.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andred

I've agreed with most everything that you've said so far but I have to point out that you have no way of knowing that it is making a "pretty considerable" profit. They simply said that it was a profit. There is absolutely NO data to tell us how much. They could be making $0.47 on these things and that's still profitable or they might only cost $50 to make it and they're making $200 (yes, that's an exaggeration) on each console. We simply don't know and therefore can't speculate. That's my only objection. Otherwise, spot on.

Well, it's pretty easy to determine that their profit is considerable, when you consider what a Wii is. It's an enhanced GameCube. A souped up GameCube. Nintendo currently sells brand new GameCube's for $79.99, and they are likely making a small profit off of them, even at that price. So let's say for argument's sake that it cost them $60 to manufacture a GameCube (it's probably quite a bit less by now). With the Wii being a souped up Cube, you would have to expect that while it costs more than $60 to manufacture, it probably doesn't cost a tremendous amount more. Let's just say for the sake of argument that it costs them double to manufacture a Wii (probably costs them less, but lets be on the safe side). That would take it to $120. Then let's look at the controller and nunchaku. The controller sells individually for $39.99 and the nunchaku sells for $19.99. That's $60 total, but I'm guessing they manufacture it for less than half that, but lets be generous and say it's half. Ok, that's $30. Now we are at $150.00. The AC Adapter, included cables, packaging, Wii Sports disk an manual, probably cost less than $20, but lets be on the safe side and say that it costs $20. That takes us to $170. Now, to be extra safe, lets add another $10 on top, just for any extra things we might be forgetting. Ok, now we are at $180. Personally, I think it doesn't even cost them close to $180 to bring that package to market, but for the sake of argument, I'll agree that it's $180. Then they have to sell it to retailers. The retailers get a cut. Normally retailers buy consoles for a few dollars less than retail and don't make anything off it, but with Nintendo talking about how they are making a profit from Jump Street, they have to give the retailer a cut too, or they would piss them off to a large degree. I'll say that retailers get to purchase the Wii for about $235 and sell it for $249.99.

So if you conisder all that, then Nintendo is likely making somewhere in the neighborhood of $55 profit off each Wii sold. If you do the math, $54.9978 is 22 percent profit on the $249.99 product. For a video game console launch, 22 percent profit is definitely considerable. Now, you can say that I pulled all those numbers out of my ass, and you would be right, but..... There have been reports on various websites that the Wii costs about $170 to manufacture, sure these reports are unsubstantiated, but $170 is right in line with my $180 prediction. You can consider my numbers to be total bullshit, and nowhere near the truth, but I'm guessing I'm within 10 percent of a correct guess on either side of the equation.
    Do you not understand the concept of Reasearch and Development? Nintendo's "cost" on each Wii unit is more than just the base materials, it's all the money that has gone into developing and refining them. Just looking at the materials used in it's construction is just looking at half of the picture. Realistically, you won't be able to figure out the average cost of constructing a Wii retail package until they stop producing the damn thing, and go back and analyze each step of the way. Even then, it'd be damn near impossible.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero
    I guess I expected the TOTAL amount of buying a Wii and a few extra's like Zelda and another controller to be 249...

But I honestly do feel that Nintendo does, and will apeal to the cansual gamer for some strange reason. I can actually see my mom playing this thing vs the 360 or PS3 in the near future.
    Huh? What, did you think it was going to be a $150 system, with a $40 controller and $60 Zelda? Your math is a bit off, my boy-o. I do completely agree with your second point though; I can easily see my mom playing Wii Golf and loving it. Not so much with Halo.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The above was directed at more posters than just you Anthony. Of whom I was refering to, you do seem to be the ringleader or majorette of the spewage of ofal bitchiness. The only parallel I can draw between us in this regard is I really love my PS2 games; Guitar Hero, Katamari and soon Okami ect. On the otherhand I dispise the PS2 hardware. My "gripe" is not some intangable feeling or a under-realization of an prelaunch expectation. My "whine" is having to buy 3 systems to play those games I enjoy so. Two at $300 and the other at $200 for a total of $800 just in Sony POS hardware. I felt trapped into two of these purchases due to the amount of time and money I put into the systems software and I never want to go through that on a current gen gaming system again... ever. I may have bought the PStwo slim even if my first system lasted long enough, but at this point who knows. *shrug* Only thing I do know is that it is extreamly unlikely that I will be onboard with Sony again until they shape up... IF they survive. The strength of the PS2 install-base makes this quite possible if not assured.

Switching gears(companies): I'm still on my first Gamecube which I paid $150 for and recieved a pack-in game!!! (OMFG! sorry couldn't help it) The pack-in was Zelda: Collectors Edition. This inclusion tipped the scales on my decision to buy a Gamecube. So yeah, I do consider poo poo'ing a pack-in game kinda odd, because it is exactly what people want.

In my house, the Gamecube has delivered more fun than the PS2's have, dollar for dollar. Yet, I'd place them both equal as far as an overall experience... save for quality, which the GC had in spades by comparison. Value, fun and quality. Kinda hard to bitch about that.

So now that I have shared a little more can you not understand why I am just a little befuddled? I am by no means attacking you Anthony and if I gave that impression I apologize. I happen to be very confused by your posts. They seem to be bi-polar one day and manic the next. The crack about post-length was just that, a crack. I've noticed you getting shelled lately and I couldn't help but push the shiney-red glowing button. I am a sarcastic and cynical person by nature and sometimes that rubs people the wrong way and really it doesn't bother me so much. My personality doesn't translate well into text, but who's does? That said, I just can't stand wasting my time reading huge dissertations about how expensive the cheapest gaming system is. It's so illogical it makes my skin crawl. This also leads me to belive that your opinion is based off of bias rather than experience, because hell, the Wii or damn PS3 isn't even out yet... What experience are you speaking from? At this point we all have to be objective.

My cheif complaint is I'm left reading really long posts that go NOWHERE. Hoping that somewhere your part of the discussion will take off then I'm left with little but a big giant WTF?!?... I can't understand, relate or even comprehend. You'd be a little fumed too me thinks.

So... how about that Wii eh? What launch games are you guys looking to pick up? I am a little let down that Prime 3 got pushed back. Even still, Wii has one of the best launch line-ups in game history IMO. At the very least, since the DC launch 9.9.99. Would have been cool if Sony or Nintendo launched June 6th this year 6.6.06.

Damien Inside... to hell with Intel. :P

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That said, I just can't stand wasting my time reading huge dissertations about how expensive the cheapest gaming system is. It's so illogical it makes my skin crawl. This also leads me to belive that your opinion is based off of bias rather than experience, because hell, the Wii or damn PS3 isn't even out yet... What experience are you speaking from? At this point we all have to be objective.

My cheif complaint is I'm left reading really long posts that go NOWHERE. :P
    amen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

For a not for profit company like Nintendo, they are charging too much money for their Atari 2600 version 1.5. Seriously, this has got to be the biggest joke ever! Sony's new Playstation 3 looks alot more affordable at it's $600 price then Nintendo's $250 price tag. I can spent twice the price...wait...twice the price? Your f'n joking me right? TWICE THE DAMNED PRICE????? THAT'S CHEAPER??? I may be simple minded. I may even be slow. Even I can see where twice the price means MORE MONEY SPENT. Exactly when did Nintendo set any prices in stone? Exactly when has Nintendo agreed to sell their hardware at a loss? Who did they make this agreement with? If you hate Nintendo and want them to go under, that's fine. Sometimes people hate things for no better a reason then to just hate it. I hate spinich an cabbage. I also hate the Houston Texans. I even hate the Lifetime telivision network. I wont give BS reasons to justify it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://ruliweb2.dreamwiz.com/ruliboa...nin02&main=nin

Take a look. Somebody took apart a numchuck attachment. Basically, like I thought, it's a third of a normal controller with an accelerometer thrown in. No way in hell that should be $20.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDragon
    http://ruliweb2.dreamwiz.com/ruliboa...nin02&main=nin

Take a look. Somebody took apart a numchuck attachment. Basically, like I thought, it's a third of a normal controller with an accelerometer thrown in. No way in hell that should be $20.
    I have absolutely no clue what you just said, but I agree with you.

fucking accelerometer...

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol that piece of plastic and the little board cost $20 ? Well.. development costs is also included + they want to make money.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyukaze
    For a not for profit company like Nintendo, they are charging too much money for their Atari 2600 version 1.5. Seriously, this has got to be the biggest joke ever! Sony's new Playstation 3 looks alot more affordable at it's $600 price then Nintendo's $250 price tag. I can spent twice the price...wait...twice the price? Your f'n joking me right? TWICE THE DAMNED PRICE????? THAT'S CHEAPER??? I may be simple minded. I may even be slow. Even I can see where twice the price means MORE MONEY SPENT. Exactly when did Nintendo set any prices in stone? Exactly when has Nintendo agreed to sell their hardware at a loss? Who did they make this agreement with? If you hate Nintendo and want them to go under, that's fine. Sometimes people hate things for no better a reason then to just hate it. I hate spinich an cabbage. I also hate the Houston Texans. I even hate the Lifetime telivision network. I wont give BS reasons to justify it though.

Ever heard of the word "value"? Apparently not. Something could cost $100, and have more value than a similar item priced at $10. The people that are saying the Wii is super cheap compared to the 360 and PS3 are totally missing the point. The Wii can't be compared to those systems. The Wii is a souped up version of the 5 year old GameCube. You can't compare that directly with true next-gen technology. Comparing the Wii against those other 2 consoles is pretty pointless.

Also, you, like some of the others in this thread, seem to think I hate Nintendo. Considering the Super Nintendo is my favorite video game system of all time, that's kinda strange. The SNES is my favorite system of all time, (primarily because of Nintendo's own games!) yet I hate Nintendo. Yeah...right.

Now, please don't twist my words up, and think that I'm saying the 360 or PS3 has more "value" than the Wii, because I didn't say that. What I did say is that there is a word called "value" that you seem to be forgetting. It's not just about the price of the system. It's about what you are getting for the price. Also, please understand that while I think Nintendo is overcharging for the Wii, I totally understand why they are doing it, and I also believe that they aren't overcharging by that huge a margin. This really isn't that big a deal. Again, I'm going to be in line on November 17th, with $350+ in hand to get my Nintendo Wii, and a extra Wii-mote and Nunchuck. If I really hated Nintendo or the Wii, why the hell would I spend $350 of my hard earned cash on it? Sure, I would prefer the Wii to be $199.99 with or without a pack in, and I would prefer the extra Wii-motes and nunchucks to be a little bit more affordable, but this isn't that big a freaking deal. Get over it! It's a minor gripe for me, and nothing more, why are you trying to blow this thing way out of proportion? Since when did it become illegal to make any complaints against Nintendo? I was pissed off last year about the 360 having two versions, one without a hard drive and one with, yet nobody got on my ass about that. x_x