Thread: Ever ask a question and be blocked from auctions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ever ask a question and be blocked from auctions?

I was wonder, has anyone asked a question about combine shipping then, be blocked from all their auctions?

Sucks, because there are a lot of things I wanted, but would there be any reason just to block someone for asking a question?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I can't remember what it was I asked, either about why listed shipping was so high or similar, and got banned from auctions from one seller. Came as a bit of a surprise to be honest.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, have happend to me, but not on Ebay. One guy was selling some bootleg GBA games and i asked questions around it. I wasnt rude or anything, just wanted to inform him. Some time later i see he still sell some shit and i wanted to ask why, then i see i was blacklisted hehe.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I block anybody who asks a question that seems "stupid" to me. I don't want to take a chance selling something to a Noob who might not pay.

Did you maybe sound "stupid" ?

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    I block anybody who asks a question that seems "stupid" to me. I don't want to take a chance selling something to a Noob who might not pay.

That's a really shitty thing to do. Most of the buyers that ask "stupid" questions are the ones that are trying to make sure you're not selling them a bootleg, or bundled version of a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

no, but I once won an auction where seller agreed to do face to face meeting if I won IN ADVANCE THROUGH PERSONAL EMAIL, but then when I did win, she refused.

I'll never know why. She had 98% feedback and only reason I bidded on it was knowing we would supposedly meet face to face so 0% chance of being screwed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper

That's a really shitty thing to do. Most of the buyers that ask "stupid" questions are the ones that are trying to make sure you're not selling them a bootleg, or bundled version of a game.
    I have over 3000 sales on Ebay and almost all of my problem bidders were idiots who asked stupid questions first.

It's not a "shitty" thing to do. It's common sense. To many kids and morons on Ebay these days.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I have over 3000 sales on Ebay and almost all of my problem bidders were idiots who asked stupid questions first.

It's not a "shitty" thing to do. It's common sense. To many kids and morons on Ebay these days.
    Lemme put it this way then.

Would you rather have them bid without asking questions, and then screwing you over when they don't pay, or would you rather take the questions and make sure they feel confident enough to bid on your stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper

Lemme put it this way then.

Would you rather have them bid without asking questions, and then screwing you over when they don't pay, or would you rather take the questions and make sure they feel confident enough to bid on your stuff?
    If they bid without asking a question , so be it. But if they ask a question and I can tell that they are going to be a problem , why in the world would I let them bid?

It's just common sense.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Kitsune Sniper, I know jonjandran, if he blacklists someone, it would not be over something arbitrary. By vaguely eluding to what he considers stupidity he is sparing us the banality of listing specific examples, 3000+ transactions have probably taught him what to look for to ensure a smooth sale. Work long enough in any capacity dealing with customers and it comes naturally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope, was just asking if he would combine shipping on multiple auctions so it would run in the the $60's. For about 20 N64 games.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ebay is full of idiots The biggest being store owners who watse space by listing games for 100 times more than there worth. Ebays the only place I know of unless you owned your own store that would allow space to be wasted on items that will never sell.

Blocking bidders I guess is up to the individual. theres a fifty fifty chance you saved yourself from a deadbeat bidder and also a chance you lost money by blocking them.