Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Baby Boomer and Raid 2020 Confirmed

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Black Baby Boomer and Raid 2020 Confirmed

The other day I opened up two sealed copies of these games and to my surprise they were both black copies. I know many NES variant collectors have argued in the past about them not existing but I'm proud to say that they do Here is a pic just so everyone can see:

Also, a day after these were discovered another Raid 2020 was found by Michiganfan2 making these the only 2 surfaced black carts. 8 black Baby Boomers have surfaced so far and hopefully more will in the future. Just thought I'd pass that along to all you hardcore collectors
    NintendoAGE - The best NES database engine available on the net!

My Collection - Well, kinda. One of these days I will actually get a pic of the whole collection and post it on there. Until then, I only have a few games in there with some additional collection info stuff.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Wow, any idea how much these could be worth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No idea. I have a black one on ebay right now just to see what kind of price to it will go for. Took them both 16 years to surface but it's nice to know that they do exist

My Collection - Well, kinda. One of these days I will actually get a pic of the whole collection and post it on there. Until then, I only have a few games in there with some additional collection info stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great find Hounder! I assume all of the black Baby Boomer's came from those Micro Genius copies?

Also, this means that every Color Dreams cart is known to be released on a black cartridge, correct?
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All exept for four:

Mission Cobra
    Tagin Dragon
    Metal Fighter
    Robo Demons

NGD says he thought he had seen a black Tagin Dragon when he started collecting but never saved a pic of it so he's not sure. I'm pretty sure that Robo Demons does have both but it hasn't been confirmed yet either. But it is pretty safe to say that these four do exist in both colors since all the rest do.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's fantastic! I wonder what the story is behind the black cartridges, why so few were made, blue plastic was unavailable (or cheaper) during the last run of carts?

I doubt that there are any differences in the packaging, but are there any noticeable differences between boxes for the blue and the black?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No differences that I can tell anyway. Just got to pray and hope that it's the rare version when you open it up. lol I have a theory on the black carts that I will post probably tonight

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heh, shows what I know. The only time I've ever seen Baby Boomer in person was in a rental store when the game was relatively new, it was a black cartridge so I just assumed they all were.

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I would imagine that the price is pretty hefty I mean a copy of the blue baby boomer fetches some nice money if you know how to sell it. And by the way did anyone actually play the game it was ridiculously hard and the baby was so stupid.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A guy over at nesworld beat it. The end said something like "stay tune for Baby Boomer 2" or something like that. And yes, the game sucks IMO.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looking forward to your theory on the black carts Hounder

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks I think it explains the whole black cart thing. Looks like Speedy_NES had the same thoughts I did from what I gathered from his PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We can also now confirm a blue Spiritual Warfare thanks to Michiganfan2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default It is not common

I too, am interested, but I am sure that more than two have surfaced. These carts were made in mass quanity, so I am sure there are more out there. Many of the blue carts were made in black, and many black carts were made in blue. Unless we can talk to someone who had the production numbers, we may never know. Cool find
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hounder
    We can also now confirm a blue Spiritual Warfare thanks to Michiganfan2

While I do believe it is authentic, it would technically be possible to make your own blue WT games since WT label stickers have been in circulation among collectors/consumers.
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default can confirm a blue spiritual warfare

I can also confirm that I too have blue spiritual warfare. In moving boxes right now, but I will show pics in the upcoming months.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, the Baby Boomer and Raid 2020 weren't discovered until this year (obviously). At least they were reported or logged when anybody asked about them. As for the blue Spiritual Warfare, I'm sure this has been found before this is just the first pic many of us have seen of it. It too has been argued that it didn't exist even though a few have said they've seen it. Still pretty cool that we have visual evidence

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry for the double post.....but no edit button

That's true speedy. I didn't think of that. But since there is more than one reported, I don't think that's the case. But then again, you never know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Do those new black cart games have embossed backs or stickers on the backs of the carts?

...and as someone said, anyone with the knowhow to remove/replace labels could technically create their own color variants. I know there's a screw under the sticker in the back, but one would just have to remove the back sticker just like the front. I don't mean to be a party pooper... I'm just saying.

I 100% believe in the authenticity of the two black carts posted in this thread and I would like to add that I saw a Blue King of Kings sold on eBay years ago, but I didn't save the picture, so I guess it counts for nothing more than hearsay right now. But you can still file that under your "keep an eye out for it" column.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

those black carts are so spray painted its ridiculous

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r