Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Sony: "Without innovation, the industry won't move forw

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/734/734010p1.html

Wow.

I think they are doing this on purpose.

Like: "Whatever good ideas we see, we'll take them, everyone will automatically like ours the best because we're Sony, and we don't care what people think when we use other's ideas"
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

it seems more and more like sonys gonna be gettin the shaft on this one

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last years TGS was a jaw-dropper and so was this one... but for the total opposite reason. How lame... indeed.

I want to give 'em a fair shake. Is there a link to a vid you can view w/o being a member of some damn site?

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Isnt this old news? I mean i've read the exact same thing months or even years ago.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I like the fact they were talking about innovation, right after showing trailers for Ridge Racer 7, Virtua Fighter 5, Final Fantasy 13...

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

They have innovated ways for their new system to overheat, I'm sure thats something the industry will want to follow. Oh that and the lack of a rumble feature in their new controllers, thats pretty sweet too.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Insert Coin (Level 0) playgeneration's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Afrika and Lair look like original games to me. More original than anything ive seen on Wii so far sadly

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I think Nintendo gets the Innovation Award this round.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sony: "Without innovation, the industry won't move forward."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Innovation as a whole left the indrusty for the most part when sega left the hardware bussiness for making their own system and atari before Jack took over in 1984.

I don't care if a game company borrowed, improved on ideas or stealed ideas for their game console. What I have problem with is sony claiming "without innovation the industry wouldn't move forward". They are the last ones should bring it up. They really haven't done anything innovated besides using the blu-ray format for this generation. The psp was nothing innovated except for watching movies and a new format. In August, Madden was the first title that the psp had in the top in sales for software in months in the United States. The movie part of the psp was a flop. The games for the psp didn't show any innovations.

Nintendo is the closest thing to innovation there out of the game console makers at this time. The ds has games that haven't been done before or marketed towards, the wii controller is something new for the most part. They are improving on something that existed in the past or creating something new.

I do give microsoft credit for improving online gaming to what sega started by microsoft creating the x-box live arcade.

I got the impression of sony is way too arragant and feels the industry only goes with sony were sony wants it to go. It is not the case. It never has been for one game company to control the video game industry for the game console market for making changes or not. The Handheld part is another story with nintendo being the only player for the most part. This can be point when atari had the first sucessful game console with one game button on the controller and intellivision improved on the amount of buttions on the controller then atari created the first controller that had a strart, pause button with it be a non-centering analog controller. For games atari was cutting edge when the 2600 first came out, then mattel had sports games that were improved compared to the 2600 then Activision was making cutting edge games for the 2600.

There always is cycle for games on game consoles and from a hardware stand point as my example shows and it also shows companies improve on existing stuff like controllers.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by business

Oh the ironing.

And the PS3 is like an iron. Very high temperature.

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Afrika game does sound very interesting. I think it could turn out to be a very unique game. Since the release of this article has any new information been given out about the game? Just curious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I disagree with that statement in a certain way. It seems the industry HAS moved forward due to the ramping up of unoriginal bullshit over the past decade.

Of course there's been immitators from the beginning, but at least the ratio of great innovative titles vs. bullshit rehash warez seemed to be different compared to today.

Of course I'd like to think Sony believes what they say, but they don't seem to practice what they preach. That said, I've enjoyed PS and to a larger extent PS2 for a long time.

Titles like Okami and Shadow OTC are amazing!
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RCM
    I disagree with that statement in a certain way. It seems the industry HAS moved forward due to the ramping up of unoriginal bullshit over the past decade.

Of course there's been immitators from the beginning, but at least the ratio of great innovative titles vs. bullshit rehash warez seemed to be different compared to today.

Of course I'd like to think Sony believes what they say, but they don't seem to practice what they preach. That said, I've enjoyed PS and to a larger extent PS2 for a long time.

Titles like Okami and Shadow OTC are amazing!
    No kidding about the unoriginal bullshit tiltes. The wii is the closest thing to having anything original and that is by the controller not the games at this time. The controller does appear to give games a different experience. I am getting sick of rehash of getting the same games with better graphics. The ps2, x-box, and the gamecube appeared to have the same games as the game generation before and the 360 appears to be the same thing.

I blame sega being a 3d party and not doing anything innovative since they became a 3rd party along with the EA and the Capcom effect. Capcom is the king of rehashes from a series I like-mega man. What Ea hasn't rehashed? The Capcom and Ea effect is taking advantage of a game and produce 101 sequals or due to the same type of game that sold great for another company.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by business

If you are saying that because my subject isn't complete:

The subject line wouldn't let me put the full thing in and there is no edit button.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you are saying that because my subject isn't complete:

The subject line wouldn't let me put the full thing in and there is no edit button.
    No, I said that because of how funny it is that Sony is suggesting innovation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's hard for me to agree with people that say the control scheme for the Wii isn't that big of an innovation. I think we need to wait to judge that.

Take a look at the DS. When it first came out nobody was that impressed with the new control scheme. But now after over a year and a half we can finally see the potential. Games like Trauma Center, Nintendogs, WarioWare, etc. are changing the way people think about games and it's mostly because of the control scheme. I think, given time, the Wii control scheme will be put to better use and we'll consider it truly innovative as well.

Sony has absolutely no business talking about innovation. What are the names of their consoles? PS1.. PS2.. PS3.. they're really pushing the envelope there! What are the system selling titles? FFXIII, MGS4, Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken 6, Ridge Racer 7, Devil May Cry 4... damn, never heard of games like that before. It's surely more innovative than Cooking Mama or Trauma Center. But Andred, haven't you heard that you can use your PSP as a rear view mirror??! OMG!! Are you for realealzzz? And it only costs me $600(PS3) + $200(PSP)?! Where do I sign?

Let's face it, the PS3 is truly the second-rate console for this generation. Microsoft's XBL trumps the PS3's online capabilities. HD-DVD trumps Blue-Ray. The Wii-mote trumps Sony's "six degrees of bankruptcy". Unfortunately for Sony, the Spiderman font trumps absolutely nothing and can only barely beat it's own $600 price point.

To Sony:
    Cell Technology can't save you. Your previous success can't save you. Your stale, rehashed games can't save you. And at the end of this generation, you'd better be prepared to have Nintendo rubbing their Wii in your face.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andred
    It's hard for me to agree with people that say the control scheme for the Wii isn't that big of an innovation. I think we need to wait to judge that.

Take a look at the DS. When it first came out nobody was that impressed with the new control scheme. But now after over a year and a half we can finally see the potential. Games like Trauma Center, Nintendogs, WarioWare, etc. are changing the way people think about games and it's mostly because of the control scheme. I think, given time, the Wii control scheme will be put to better use and we'll consider it truly innovative as well.

Sony has absolutely no business talking about innovation. What are the names of their consoles? PS1.. PS2.. PS3.. they're really pushing the envelope there! What are the system selling titles? FFXIII, MGS4, Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken 6, Ridge Racer 7, Devil May Cry 4... damn, never heard of games like that before. It's surely more innovative than Cooking Mama or Trauma Center. But Andred, haven't you heard that you can use your PSP as a rear view mirror??! OMG!! Are you for realealzzz? And it only costs me $600(PS3) + $200(PSP)?! Where do I sign?

Let's face it, the PS3 is truly the second-rate console for this generation. Microsoft's XBL trumps the PS3's online capabilities. HD-DVD trumps Blue-Ray. The Wii-mote trumps Sony's "six degrees of bankruptcy". Unfortunately for Sony, the Spiderman font trumps absolutely nothing and can only barely beat it's own $600 price point.

To Sony:
    Cell Technology can't save you. Your previous success can't save you. Your stale, rehashed games can't save you. And at the end of this generation, you'd better be prepared to have Nintendo rubbing their Wii in your face.
    You are bit to harsh on sony by calling the contoller the six degrees of bankruptcy. Sony will not get the amount of units sold compared to past systems they released. They will not get bankrupted in this generation due to the fact they still will have a fanbase big enough in the states. The 2nd reason is Sony will stopping releasing psp games with in a couple years with the sales are in the states for games. American gamers ares not into innovation for games as much as japan is. The next generation after this with the 360, ps3 and the wii could be. Sony's blu-ray format with be a pirate's pardise if it is like the psp. Sony's games should sell in the states, but Japan still will be a problem for the ps3 despite the price drop. There will be a couple 3rd parties leaving sony sometime this generation coming up due to lack of sales compared to the wii.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz
    You are bit to harsh on sony by calling the contoller the six degrees of bankruptcy.
    Yeah, i was just having a little fun. Sony won't do too badly this generation but they have absolutely no reason to be talking about innovation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, Sony never said it was their innovation. Of course, innovation is necessary for the business. Where else are they gonna steal their best ideas? Have you seen what happens when Sony tries to come up with ideas on its own?

I keed, I keed.
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!