Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    Quote Originally Posted by devils advocate
    I made a post in the buy/sell forum regarding a trade for devils crush for 4 copies of FFVII. The trade was laughed at basically, (as it should have been by CURRENT TRENDING AND SPECULATION/DEMAND) and one of the first comments was by a gamer who quoted going Ebay rates!!! And from personal correspondance, I believe the poster to not really give two hoots about it, but still used that price as a GUIDELINE for the games current worth. As it should be.
    Don't go by people laughing at stuff in buy/sell...people will post anything just to hear the sound of their own fingers typing. If I had a dollar for every time some nitwit threadcrapped in B/S I could buy everything on the first page of that forum. Plus it wasn't open that long. The problem with that experiment is that it is just that...would you really trade your Devils Crush for 4 FF7s? Not likely that someone will take you up on that, but not totally impossible either. I mean what your saying is "WOULD ANYONE TAKE THIS FAKE DEAL", and the answer is no, so you say "SEE!!"
    Besides who's really sitting on four copies of Final Fantasy 7?
    I'll dig around the basement of the DP store tomorrow. Will someone have a Devils Crush for me?
    Absolutely. I have 2 DC's and three FVIII's, but I'll do that trade in a heartbeat!!
    "That is the most kiddiest thing I ever heard." -ROTS MKII January 2 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rez and Gitaroo man used to be the rarest titles for the system, but as said they are now more common due to reprints (although they still sell for $40 used in the likes of gamestop).

Games that are sometimes hard to come by are:

Klonoa 2
    RAD: Robot Alchemic Drive
    Dual Hearts
    Gradius III+IV
    And I never really see escape from monkey island around...

There are alot more uncommon ps2 games, but there really arent any that you cant find without a bit of hunting.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3
    Gradius III+IV
    If Gradius III+IV is hard to find at times, it's mainly because it was a shmup, as well as a title released at/near launch. The crappy Toys R Us near UNLV had copies in for quite some time after its release that I repeatedly passed up largely because I didn't have a PS2 yet. Besides, it's not like the game is in short supply (or even that expensive) on the 'Bay, where prices suck for games with a reputation of being rare and/or good.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Absolutely. I have 2 DC's and three FVIII's, but I'll do that trade in a heartbeat!!
    OK NAVA's today I'll see what I can do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sprint Cars: Road to Knoxville isn't the sequel to World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars 2002.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Do people here ever see The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2? I look for it everytime I am in a game store, yet I can never find any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0
    Do people here ever see The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2? I look for it everytime I am in a game store, yet I can never find any.
    Document was a tough find for me. Only seen it twice in the wild. Just sold one on Ebay for $30 BIN last week but it wasn't in great shape.

Wouldn't be surprised if it starts going for crazy prices in the future considering how nuts the MG collectors are and how difficult it is to find.

Insert Coin (Level 0) shadow77110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was curious about this topic so I hit Ebay and started searching for some games that I thought were hard to find. (I'm not saying "rare") A few others that I didn't see mentioned on the replies that are actually getting hard to come by are:

Obscure
    World Of Outlaws 2002
    The Guy Game
    MDK 2
    Echo Night Beyond
    Ring Of Red

I forgot to search this one, but I think Samurai Western may be tough to find too.
    MDK 2? Never seen (or heard of that one), I've played MDK though.
    All of these titles will be hard for me to find in New Zealand, the city I live in only has a few game shops. I went and bought Rez though and even got the "extra controller" (Is that what you'd call it, haven't had a go yet).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But isn't New Zealand a PAL country? Rarity numbers are totally different throughout the different regions (PAL / NTSC / NTSC-J).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The DP store only had two FF7s in the store that I saw, and they were in a glass case (one original and one GH). Also inside the case were Silent Hill, Ehrgeiz, and a couple other games I wouldn't consider especially rare.

I've argued this point before about the DP guide and about the value of games in general, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm on the right side of it. Those of us who have lived in "DP World" for a long time now are accustomed to thinking in terms of rarity. It's still more or less that way with VCS games...RARITY=DESIRABILITY=VALUE. But I'm beginning to wonder if that model can be applied to NES or PSX games. And I'm not just talking about ebay. Toaster Nintendos have been a big seller in the DP store. Obviously there are millions of them out there.

You can argue (as I always have) that the FF7 thing is an exception to the rule, but it sure seems lately there are an awful lot of "exceptions".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    I made a post in the buy/sell forum regarding a trade for devils crush for 4 copies of FFVII. The trade was laughed at basically, (as it should have been by CURRENT TRENDING AND SPECULATION/DEMAND) and one of the first comments was by a gamer who quoted going Ebay rates!!! And from personal correspondance, I believe the poster to not really give two hoots about it, but still used that price as a GUIDELINE for the games current worth. As it should be.
    Don't go by people laughing at stuff in buy/sell...people will post anything just to hear the sound of their own fingers typing. If I had a dollar for every time some nitwit threadcrapped in B/S I could buy everything on the first page of that forum. Plus it wasn't open that long. The problem with that experiment is that it is just that...would you really trade your Devils Crush for 4 FF7s? Not likely that someone will take you up on that, but not totally impossible either. I mean what your saying is "WOULD ANYONE TAKE THIS FAKE DEAL", and the answer is no, so you say "SEE!!"
    Besides who's really sitting on four copies of Final Fantasy 7?
    I'll dig around the basement of the DP store tomorrow. Will someone have a Devils Crush for me?
    I would as well. I don't really care what you guys say FFVII is worth but I know what I can get for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But isn't New Zealand a PAL country? Rarity numbers are totally different throughout the different regions (PAL / NTSC / NTSC-J).
    Even Rarity 2 (on the rarity guide) is hard to find here, the game shops have stopped selling everything before the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube so its a pain in the ass to get even PSX games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even Rarity 2 (on the rarity guide) is hard to find here, the game shops have stopped selling everything before the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube so its a pain in the ass to get even PSX games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, I do realise raritys are different for different formats.
    But even Rarity 2 (on the rarity guide) is hard to find here, the game shops have stopped selling everything before the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube so its a pain in the ass to get even PSX games. It just seems like the PAL rarity is x2 for getting them in NZ unfortunatly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crap, stupid computer crashed, can a moderator please delete all but the first post above?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The DP store only had two FF7s in the store that I saw, and they were in a glass case (one original and one GH). Also inside the case were Silent Hill, Ehrgeiz, and a couple other games I wouldn't consider especially rare.

I've argued this point before about the DP guide and about the value of games in general, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm on the right side of it. Those of us who have lived in "DP World" for a long time now are accustomed to thinking in terms of rarity. It's still more or less that way with VCS games...RARITY=DESIRABILITY=VALUE. But I'm beginning to wonder if that model can be applied to NES or PSX games. And I'm not just talking about ebay. Toaster Nintendos have been a big seller in the DP store. Obviously there are millions of them out there.

You can argue (as I always have) that the FF7 thing is an exception to the rule, but it sure seems lately there are an awful lot of "exceptions".
    It sure does seem that the majority believes that FF7 is worth far more than guide price, myself included, which would make the guide price the price that needs to be adjusted. Personally I'm in the opinion it should be around 35-40.

There are some R1's that have a pretty high guide value, N64 LOZ:Majora's Mask at R1 20$ as an example, I can't remember the game but I'm pretty sure I picked up an R1 35$ game the other day.

I've been told repeatedly by a friend that the guide price is a 'low buy' price, not a retail price, which I believe as well. As the reigning guide expert in this thread, is this true?

On another note, I've noticed in trades that people have often respected the guide price instead of the lower ebay price point, in support of your argument.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I must be the luckiest person in the world regionally, since every "rare" game people have suggested I see several copies of in the stores around here.

The only PS2 games so far I'd say could become rare are Robot Alchemic Drive, Gradius III and IV, and Firefighter F.D. 18.

NO ONE should be mentioning Gitaroo-Man or Rez since Game Quest Direct did official reprints of them that are cosmetically identical. You can order them factory sealed right off their site if you want or get the "used" ones that are shipped to Gamestop/EB (though as someone who's worked there for years and still works there I'd advise supporting that company as little as possible).

shadow77110: MDK2 was released on the Dreamcast and PC during the Dreamcast's launch. It's one of the raddest action games ever made. A better 3D Contra game than Legacy of War and Contra Adventure combined. Gigantic bosses, tons of enemies to blast with little slowdown, lots of gameplay variety. Developed by Bioware also.

Later on it got a PS2 port called MDK2: Armageddon with reduced difficulty, significantly more jagged graphics, and longer loading times. It's not really worth getting, and honestly I don't know if I'd consider it rare either as I see it in the store here pretty often.

Same for Echo Night: Beyond (the Gamestop in West Long Branch, NJ still had these sealed for $19.99 last time I checked) and Ring of Red (I see at least one used in reat shape in every GS/EB here).

I do agree that of those, Echo Night will become pretty hard to find in the next few years. Not so sure about Samurai Western as it's still available new in stores.

I addition with Atlus games, a lot of people don't realize you can still get them straight from the source. You can get order Samurai Western and many other of their games off their page right now, which I think will keep them from truly becoming hard to find for some time now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Rasa
    I addition with Atlus games, a lot of people don't realize you can still get them straight from the source. You can get order Samurai Western and many other of their games off their page right now, which I think will keep them from truly becoming hard to find for some time now.
    Something else a lot of people don't realize is how awesome Atlus' online store and support is. I emailed them Friday afternoon before a holiday about ordering coverart, a box, and the collector's items to complete a loose Digital Devil Saga I picked up at a Gamestop. 30 minutes later they replied with a full cost breakdown (it was like $11 ) and a week later I had all of the stuff I ordered + a bunch of extra demo discs and soundtracks that they just tossed in because they're awesome.

Also, yesterday I reached a personal goal and found a complete copy of The Adventures of Cookie & Cream. FINALLY (only $10, too!). Grabbed Micro Machines too because it was cheap ($8) and I liked previous games in the series. Even if it doesn't wind up being rare down the road, it's frickin' Micro Machines

Sounds like NJ is the place to be to stock up on the goodness. I can't find a World of Outlaws to save my life

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyfried
    I've been told repeatedly by a friend that the guide price is a 'low buy' price, not a retail price, which I believe as well. As the reigning guide expert in this thread, is this true?
    It is stated in the guide that prices are on the low side.