Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Burger King Games for the X360 and Orginal XBOX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think they expected them to sell as well as they did. The manager where I got mine remarked on how they've already gone through several shipments.

And for the person above that figure that the games have made $8 million, don't forget that you also have to get a value meal - so that adds in about another $5 million or so.

"It seemed to me they probably just bought some sucky games that had already been developed, and slapped the King in there. If so, they might be making quite a bit of money here. does anyone know?"

Well, as has been pointed out many times in this thread, the games are actually good. But anyway, the racing games re-use the same characters, and some of the music has already been used in BK commericals (like the Coq Roq songs) so I'm betting they really didn't have to break the bank to make the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up Pocketbike Racer, and it's really a lot of fun. I'm surprised by the quality.

My BKs are out of the other games. I really wanted to get Sneak King, too.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the 2 million is actually across all three games, so that would roughly be about 660 000 per title. Well, I guess I may as well open them up and play them. Does anybody know how many they planned on printing?

As for Cost, I'm sure it was really cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if the developers did it for next to nothing just to get their names out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I picked up Pocketbike Racer, and it's really a lot of fun. I'm surprised by the quality.

My BKs are out of the other games. I really wanted to get Sneak King, too.
    You're not missing too much with Sneak King. It's not horrible -- actually, it's pretty funny the first few times you pop up on someone and they squeal like a Sim -- but it gets repetitive fairly quickly. But I'm not huge on stealth games to begin with, so your milage may vary.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just bought a set of these today. Should I go buy another set to keep sealed? How long will they be selling them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Optical View Post
    I just bought a set of these today. Should I go buy another set to keep sealed? How long will they be selling them?
    My guess would be until their supply runs out, or sales slow. All of my BK's just got big shipments after selling out, and I was finally able to get the last two games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Apologies if this has already been posted. At my local Burger King there's a sign in the window that says you can get all 3 games for $10.99 now. I don't know if that's just a regional deal or what, let us know if you have the same sign in your store as well.

BTW, the sign is not for sale. I tried.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same in KC.
    What have you done America?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At my BK they let me buy all 3 without a food purchase just because they were looking to get rid of them. They were sold out for awhile but got a whole new shipment in. I can't imagine these ever being worth anything, though they're kinda fun to play.

I'm particularly fond of "Sneak King". It's hilarious... vaguely creepy... and surprisingly addictive. I've sunk a few hours into it already, when I'm taking a Wii break. I love the King's sneaking animation, cracks me up every time, especially considering those people must be blind not to see him right there! The whole thing is just ridiculous which somehow adds charm to it.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well, some people have been buying 2-3 sets of the games because they assume it will be rare somewhere down the road. Two million isn't a bad figure but you have to assume most people bought at least one set of each game, sometimes more. So two million sold but not two million people buying the games. I'd say somewhere between 500,000 to 1,250,000 actual buyers. Give or take.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I think I might be hitting a bug on Sneak King thats keeping me from finishing all the missions and I wondered if anybody else has seen it. On one of the earlier missions at the construction site, you have to be seen by everybody in the level. I can get everybody except one guy inside the building next to the pipe that you can tip over. That guy never leaves the building and going inside doesn't get me noticed. Has anybody else had this happen? I've put a few hours into the game and finished all the other levels, but its a shame that this is keeping me from getting 100%.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found a ton of these at goodwill, they were $10 a set and sealed, I had to buy them for the ridiculousness of them. Goodwill In Kenosha WI has a ton of them is anyone wants them.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

According to this site, Burger King is now selling the games for .99 with the purchase of a combo meal.

http://hushedcasket.com/node/1729

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was at a Gamestop today and they had 2 used BK games (Sneak King and Pocket Bike Racer) at $7 a piece.

I can't believe they even took them for trade. What did they give the guy, like $1 in trade?

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack View Post
    According to this site, Burger King is now selling the games for .99 with the purchase of a combo meal.

Damn, wish I'd known that the other day. I assumed most Burger Kings had cleared them out by now. However, I walked into a lone Burger King location a half hour from my house which was still advertising them. If I had known 99 cents......I would have expected them to still be $3.99 so I never bothered to ask. Thanks for the tip, anyway.

I already have two sets of these (one is sealed) and think 2 of the three games are horrible but they'd still be good at 99 cents to help pad a big video game lot/bundle for Ebay when I need to clear out duplicates or 25 cent commons. You know, the type where you might throw in 15-20 games from assorted systems that are virtually worthless but you know at least 2-3 people will be watching/bidding on it just because it is 15-20 games and they aren't wise to the "value" (or lack thereof) of the individual games.
    Last edited by bangtango; 02-03-2007 at 11:29 PM.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last week, Microsoft proudly touted the sales figures of its Xbox 360-exclusive shooter Gears of War, mentioning that it had achieved sales of 2 million copies worldwide in just six weeks of release. Microsoft was mildly one-upped by promotional partner Burger King today, as the fast-food chain announced that its trio of games for the Xbox and Xbox 360 had broken the 2 million mark in just four weeks.

That number represents the cumulative sales of Burger King's three games--Pocketbike Racer, Big Bumpin', and Sneak King. All three were developed by Blitz Games, maker of the original Fuzion Frenzy, and are rated E for Everyone. The games sell for $3.99 each with the purchase of a value meal, while supplies last.
    Well, that's not really fair. They had to combine the sales of 3 different games to get higher than the sales one one? Kind of misleading.

I wonder how many of each title sold. I guess it's same to assume there's around 666,667 copies of each game out there.

The good news (I hope) is that other chains may follow this lead, or maybe even BK again.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack View Post

Or you could just buy them each for $7.99 used at EB/GS:

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=14088