Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death JR for PSP for $7.99 brand new

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Death JR for PSP for $7.99 brand new

I just picked up Death Jr. for the PSP for $7.99 brand new. I know it's not the greatest game in the world, but $7.99 isn't too shabby. Sears has it in the Sunday advertisement for $9.99. You take that ad to Circuit City and they will beat the price by 10 percent of the difference. Their price is $29.99, thus that's how you get it for $7.99.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Or you could be classy and just pay the whopping $2 difference on the already-great price and come out not looking like a prick.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Half Japanese
    Or you could be classy and just pay the whopping $2 difference on the already-great price and come out not looking like a prick.
    Or you could save money!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unless Circuit City is not across Sears.
    All my meseta if you can guess what CMTZ stands for.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WTF???

What the hell are you talking about? I went to Circuit City just because I happened to be near one, and I didn't ask for them to take an extra 2 bucks off, it was automatic via their computer system. When the lady told me the total was $8.61 I thought she made some type of mistake.

You're the fucking dick for jumping to conclusions x_x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1

WTF???

What the hell are you talking about? I went to Circuit City just because I happened to be near one, and I didn't ask for them to take an extra 2 bucks off, it was automatic via their computer system. When the lady told me the total was $8.61 I thought she made some type of mistake.

You're the fucking dick for jumping to conclusions x_x
    I wasn't attacking you directly, but more or less the general mindset of the CAG crowd, you know the one: "Get it as cheap as possible by any means necessary." I like to think of myself as a smart shopper and one that looks out for good deals on the things I buy, but I don't think it's necessary to look into ripping off retailers and being as annoying as possible in the process.

I'm just saying, when you're already getting a great deal, why go to a different store to save a meager $2? Is there any need to be so frugal? If you need to save $2 that badly, maybe you shouldn't be buying video games with your money in the first place. These are hypothetical questions directed more or less at the CAG crowd, not you in particular. I just think that in their frenzy of getting things for as cheap as possible, they don't really think through their actions or ideologies.

I'm not anti-consumer, I'm anti-asshole, and when I worked crappy big-box retail, most of the CAG crowd were more than happy to demonstrate their complete mastery of the asshole arts.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not anti-consumer, I'm anti-asshole, and when I worked crappy big-box retail, most of the CAG crowd were more than happy to demonstrate their complete mastery of the asshole arts.
    right, cause it's "anti-asshole" to infer that someone is unclassy

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

right, cause it's "anti-asshole" to imply that someone is unclassy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FlufflePuff
    Agreed
    Yeah Everyone should feel like a jackass , anyone on this planet ever! that does a price match in a store! SHAME!
    Its not like its a option retailers are willing to have pfftt (Coincidentally it is though hmm....)
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If there was a Sears near my house, I would have went there. There isn't. It's on the other side of town. I went out to dinner tonite, and there is a Circuit City not far from there, and I thought there was a slight chance they would have Death Jr. in stock so I took the Sears ad cause I know they do price matches. When they took another $2 off, I thought... "Cool, a bonus!".

But to be totally honest with you, who gives a fuck if Sears is in my backyard, and I drive 4 miles to Circuit City to save $2 bucks? I mean, you really need to check yourself bro. If somebody wants to save a few bucks, I'm not holding it against them. There comes a point where driving somewhere far away and spending all that gas to save a few bucks isn't worth it, so I'm not the type that's going to drive across town to save a few bucks, but it somebody else wants to, who gives a fuck? You apparently. Whatever man. If I'm a prick for doing that, then fine, I'm a prick. :/

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

I'd gladly pay $2 to not have to step foot in Circuit City.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wrong
    I'd gladly pay $2 to not have to step foot in Circuit City.
    Actually Im finding CC to be the best place to shop as of late. There customer service is way better then crappy BB near me.

Im on your side Anthony, if you wanna save money legitly, no one should have a problem with that.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea let's feel sorry for the "poor" retailers who are barely making any money.

Give me a break. They don't give a $3it about anything but money and they are making plenty.

Good grief the consumers in the U.S. are a bunch of idiots and make this a hard country to live in. x_x

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Er.. what is this all about? He got it for $7.99, legaly, fair and square so what is the problem?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Er.. what is this all about? He got it for $7.99, legaly, fair and square so what is the problem?
    Agreed, he is just trying to save a some money. Why get all up in arms about saving $2.00? If you have a Circuit City near you, and it's not too much out of your pocket to drive, why not save $2.00.

That being said anyone who doesn't want $2.00 can just paypal that shit to me.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hmmm

Hmmmm someone sounds bitter, I guess you didn't like your retail job or someone really pissed you off by trying to shave off a few bucks on various items by whatever legit or illegit means. Somehow I don't think Anthony1 went into Circuit City, demanded the extra $2 off by arguing with the customer service, calling the supervisor cause the customer service person wouldn't allow it, then calling the store manager and arguing for 30 mins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Default Re: Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by staxx
    Hmmmm someone sounds bitter, I guess you didn't like your retail job or someone really pissed you off by trying to shave off a few bucks on various items by whatever legit or illegit means. Somehow I don't think Anthony1 went into Circuit City, demanded the extra $2 off by arguing with the customer service, calling the supervisor cause the customer service person wouldn't allow it, then calling the store manager and arguing for 30 mins.
    Did I not state above that I wasn't ragging on him in particular? In fact, it was the very first part of my reply. I'm just saying that the whole price-matching thing has gotten crazy with all the CAG people. I couldn't care less about people doing it or not, but I think it's tacky to go to that means to save such a measly amount. It's the same as when CC or BB have all these once-a-year clearance sales and people go and try to get price matches on the good stuff that sold quickly; it's just a tacky thing to do and most everyone that does it knows better, but they just want to hoard of flip things on eBay.

As far as the "bitter" part, not really I'd say. I just found it funny the type of crowd we got when clearance sales went on, the finnicky type with their half-crumpled print-offs claiming that any pricing inconsistencies were "WRONG" on the store's part. I really didn't care about the job, but when some dude in casual business dress is almost beggingly asking me to sell him old promos that the managers get all pissy about selling (which weren't on the shelves in the first place), I just think it reflects poorly on that individual's dignity and class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I worked retail for about 10 years and don't really see anything wrong with this.

The guy found the game himself, had an ad for the other store, and it sounds like the transaction ran through smoothly.

It's not like he bought the game and came in a week or month later and demanded a price match without an ad or even a reciept for the game -- which I saw plenty of.

And unless it's some mom and pop/indie store, I'm not really going to fault people for trying to save a few bucks if they're not being an asshat about it.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I picked mine up today. These 2 elderly ladies fought tooth and nail they even went on the internet.
    neo geo system