Quote Originally Posted by noname11
how much bad luck does everyone else have ? I have literally something like 22 PSX systems, 5 PSones, 4 Dreamcast and countless genesis systems and at least 2 of most every other system..... and have never found any bugs / weird smells or any of the disgusting ailments you all are talking about... and almost all those systems were bought used/ off ebay ..

I used to complain when my systems would smell like cigarette smoke...sheesh , Ill take that any day over anything you guys have had to deal with
That is a lot of stuff, dude. Most of mine come from stores in the northeastern part of the US, in Maine, where roaches and other gross creepy crawlies aren't such a big problem (too cold). You don't see many either, do you Shawn (if you are reading this)?

I rarely buy systems off Ebay, since the damn shipping is so expensive. Truthfully, roaches and other crap like that is usually the exception, rather than the rule. As for having a system covered with food, if it isn't smeared on the outside then the likelihood of food fragments being on the inside seems unlikely. But that is just my opinion.

I never had a problem with consoles being yellowed or slightly smoke stained. It just makes them look like shit, and kills some of the resale value, but all I care about is their performance