I found a GameCube at a thrift store for $20. When I examined it I noticed that it came with no controller or power adapter. Hell, it was even missing the nameplate that goes on the top.

I had trouble opening the lid due to the fact that it was stuck shut due to having some juice spilled into the unit.

When I acquired a power adaptor I found, not surprisingly, that it didn't work. So I decided to open it up to examine the unit. I found that the juice had gotten everywhere inside the unit. I also found that a couple of the screw posts were broken off and that the handle was also cracked. It also had lots of dust inside it as well.

After cleaning out most of the juice I went and used a multimeter on the power board. I found that the power stopped at a component that looked like a small white block. The numbers on it looked like a fuse rating so I soldered a small wire to both ends of this small part to see what would happen. The GameCube came back to life. I replaced the wire with a ferrite/wire part and repaired the plastic with plastic welder. I also finished cleaning out the rest of the juice. I also repainted the sides and even replaced the system battery, which was killed by the juice, with a battery holder salvaged from one of my dead PS2s and popped a new CR2032 into it. All that's missing is a new nameplate.

What I think happened to this unit was that a child spilled juice into the unit which fried it then it got thrown across a room which caused the damage to the plastic. Shortly therafter it was sent to this thrift store where I would later find it. I swear, people just don't know how to take care of electronics anymore.....