Thread: Has anyone had this happen to them while at a viideo game st

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Has anyone had this happen to them while at a viideo game st

I went to EB games today and was trying to figue out what games I would get for the buy 2 get 1 free deal. A women walked up and asked me if I worked there and I told her No. She then asked if I would like to fill out a survey about an upcoming game. The lady would not tell me what company she was with or anything else but begged that I would take the survey. The game that they are making appeared to be some sort futuristic secret agent joke of a game. I was just ondering if anyone else has had this happen and if so whats the deal with these survey people?

Strawberry (Level 2) xtremegamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

That's never happend, but I usually get asked if I work there or where ever I buy video games usually because when I go shopping for video games its right after work and I am dressed up. That's kinda of odd the EB Games let her do the survey, maybe they had some deal set up with EB Games? Check with the employees next time your in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No I forgot to mention that the employees told her to leave and made me leave while I was filling out the survey. She bought a bunch of pc game while she was there to including Battlefield 2

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't speak for the store or corporate offices, but that whole thing sounds fishy to me. I've never had or been told of survey people working out of the store. Maybe if you're in a big city with a great demographic balance, I could see it happening. If the employees asked her/you to leave I'd say she wasn't supposed to be there.

Two questions: Was it a strip or mall store, and did she buy the things after or before she was asked to leave?

I never take surveys unless I get something out of it. There are these survey places at the mall from time to time. And they were always loaded with such gifts they used as a kind of payment/bribes for my time and input. Like a free bottle of liquor, a package of shampoo, CDs, smoked sausages or t-shirts. If I were in your shoes, as soon as she asked me I would have looked her in the eyes and asked "What's in it for me?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah while I was thinking of asking that but I totally spaced it. I believe she bought the games while she was in there so it would not look so suspicious. All I know is that the game sounded really horrid I just did not have the heart to tell her.