Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite video game moment?

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Favorate Moment,easy,playing my first video game, on a 19 inch 1987 magnavox RF in tv,with the Sega Genesis and Sonic 2 Poped In,Man it was so long ago,12 years,ill never forget it,Both the Genesis and Game still to this day work very well ^^
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Probably my most favorite gaming moment was going to a particular K-mart Midnight (or was it Moonlight) Madness sale. It was around mid to late '83 or early '84 in Las Vegas. There was a type of raffle going on and one of the prizes was an Atari VCS. Well, my family didn't have a lot of money but we wanted to check out the sales. If memory serves my parents found a raffle ticket, unused, on the ground so they scooped it up. What the heck, right?

So we shopped, listened to the winners being called for various items. Toward the end of the sale we were hanging out in the eatery section and I was dog tired. The Atari was the last item for raffle. The announcer rattled off the number and my Dad looked at the ticket. He did a double take and then took of sprinting, waving his hand in the air like an idiot. I was so zonked I had no idea what was going on until I saw him lugging the Atari VCS box back towards the eatery.

There's other good memories but this probably stands out the most in my mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think it had to be Christmas 1987. I had been asking for the NES from my mom. She kept asking me what this video game system thing was called and I kept repeating "The Nintendo Entertainment System" (I was that much of a nerd). When the day came, I just remember ripping a strip of the wrapping paper off of the box, revealing part the picture of the deck and the letters "NINTEN"

I had the ColecoVision a few years before that, but something in me sparked that day. I'm almost 30 and it hasn't gone out yet.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll never forget going into the arcade in my early teens and seeing "Dragons lair" in action, I wasted my pocket money for weeks until i finished it. I was amazed that it was running as a cartoon/video game, amazing stuff!

Discovering space invaders at Town hall station Sydney, It was school holdays, i couldnt even reach the joystick but was assisted by my dad. He regrets that day as it was probably what triggered my video game addiction

These moments will probably stay with me forever

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember seeing the triple play 2000 commercial for the first time the one with Sammy Sosa and thinking that the graphics were so realistic and the worst part now is that the games are so much better. I just thought that it would be awesome to play a game where the characters looked just like they were in the game. That was my great no video game moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, mine happens to actually be from an actual video game, and not an occurance that happened in my real life that was video game related.
    The first time I played through Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Sheik took off her mask to reveal who she actually was, I was completely blown away.
    To this day, when I think of it, it still tickles me in ways that can only be matched by those of the hands of Kid Ice.