Thread: XBOX360 Game recommendations

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default XBOX360 Game recommendations

I've finally got a hold of a brand new xbox360 for a price I consider resonable, and now I'm looking for some games. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of some games with a good multiplayer quest type setup. Not looking for sport/racing titles, and I don't like the "Beat it in 1 player and you can play it 2 player after" type games. Thanks in advance!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would try out Lego Star Wars II. It's very fun and easy to get into. Fully cooperative play from the outset as well.

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say, go with Phantasy Star Universe off the top of my head, by "quest", I am assuming you mean RPG, type games, if thats the case, then Kameo, is a solid game and the Lord of the rings, I have likewise heard good things about that as well. Also There is another MMORPG on the 360, FFXI which was decent. Then there is Enchanted Arms, but thats a solo RPG, you may want to look into that as well. Hopefully this will get you started.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kameo has co-op, online as well now with a free downloadable update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perfect Dark Zero has Co-Op which I find quite fun but I know alot of people aren't fans.

Gears of War will be out soon and it offers full drop in and drop out Co-Op on one system or over Xbox Live, playing Co-Op also gives the levels and acheivements to both players which is nice.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

Ghost Recon. Just get Oblivion...you won't need multiplayer for awhile that way...

NOV. 17ish --- Gears of War

Later,
    Trebuken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

On the Live Arcade front, I highly recommend Marble Blast Ultra. It is similar to Super Monkey Ball, Marble Madness and those other ball rolling type games; if you liked those, you should like this one. If you are into old school games, Time Pilot and Scramble are very nice choices. Those three are some of my favorite, though most of the other games are good too. Check out all of those demo's, they should keep you busy for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Although it isn't the type of game you are looking for, Dead rising is the best game that I have played on 360. Download the demo from Xbox live marketplace, At least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes dead rising is all you need till gears of war (maybe splinter cell also)
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Again, Although some games listed may not be the types of games you are into, At least download the demos off of Xbox live marketplace.

The first time I replied I only mentioned Dead Rising, But Dead Rising is the best game I have played in a LONG time.

Here are some more reccomendations, And my personal ratings on the games listed:

Condemned: Criminal Origins: While this is a good game, I wouldn't pay the current price for it. Rent it, It can be beaten in 8 hours of playing time. 88 Out of 100 stars.

Dead Rising: This game is the best game that I have played on 360. Although the story is short, Dead Rising has a high amount of Replay value. It has NO co op and while you can only have one save at a time, Give it a chance. There is so much cool stuff you can do in this game it's hard to put it down. Once I had the Unlimited mode unlocked, I had my 360 running this game for TWO DAYS STRAIGHT. With NO INTERCOOLER. 94 out of 100 stars.

F.E.A.R: This game is not out yet, But what I have played in the demo has me amazed. It is the best FPS I have EVER Played. 90 Out of 100 stars (From what I played of it)

Kameo: Elements Of Power: This game is another 8 Hour game, Making it more of a rental then a buy. It has co-op, But the lack of a long story keeps it in the rental zone until it's $20. 72 out of 100 stars.

Lego Star Wars II: This game is fun, But it is also an 8 Hour game. It has co op and you can do co op straight from the beginning - Just pick up the controllers and play! 79 out of 100 stars.

Saint's Row: This game all depends on your interests. I myself have been wondering what is so good about gangster games. This game has a "Co op" But it's only a few levels, Online. And you can't choose the level, It's random! The online mode is horrible (You can't choose the level you want in ANY game type, Even if you are HOSTING a game!) But the activities are the better part of the game. 69 out of 100 stars.

Here is a list of games to stay away from:

Amped 3 - This game is like Tony hawk's pro skater to Tony Hawk's underground, But in the wrong way. 47 out of 100 stars.

Quake 4 - While some people like this game, I just found it to be more hype then good. 43 Out of 100 stars.

Oh and please download the demo for dead rising, It is SO GOOD! I had it for nearly two months before I sent it back! (I'm renting my 360 games)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dead Rising is a really fun game but it's save system is really crappy and it did actually make me want to put the game down at times. And I don't really like the concept of being on time to certain places.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

The game I've enjoyed the most on my 360 so far (and I know I'm in the minority with this) has been Ridge Racer 6. Perfection of the 'arcade racer' genre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Phantasy Star Universe and Marvel Ultimate Alliance are definately recommended.

F.E.A.R (for the 360) has gotten surprisingly good reviews, even though the PC version has been out almost a year now, and there isn't much new on the 360 version.

As for single player games - I also highly recommend Dead Rising and ES4:Oblivion. I've gotten into Splinter Cell Double Agent, lately. Even though I wasn't a fan of the first three.

And alot of people enjoyed G.R.A.W., but it didn't really hold my attention.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    Again, Although some games listed may not be the types of games you are into, At least download the demos off of Xbox live marketplace.

The first time I replied I only mentioned Dead Rising, But Dead Rising is the best game I have played in a LONG time.

Here are some more reccomendations, And my personal ratings on the games listed:

Condemned: Criminal Origins: While this is a good game, I wouldn't pay the current price for it. Rent it, It can be beaten in 8 hours of playing time. 88 Out of 100 stars.

Dead Rising: This game is the best game that I have played on 360. Although the story is short, Dead Rising has a high amount of Replay value. It has NO co op and while you can only have one save at a time, Give it a chance. There is so much cool stuff you can do in this game it's hard to put it down. Once I had the Unlimited mode unlocked, I had my 360 running this game for TWO DAYS STRAIGHT. With NO INTERCOOLER. 94 out of 100 stars.

F.E.A.R: This game is not out yet, But what I have played in the demo has me amazed. It is the best FPS I have EVER Played. 90 Out of 100 stars (From what I played of it)

Kameo: Elements Of Power: This game is another 8 Hour game, Making it more of a rental then a buy. It has co-op, But the lack of a long story keeps it in the rental zone until it's $20. 72 out of 100 stars.

Lego Star Wars II: This game is fun, But it is also an 8 Hour game. It has co op and you can do co op straight from the beginning - Just pick up the controllers and play! 79 out of 100 stars.

Saint's Row: This game all depends on your interests. I myself have been wondering what is so good about gangster games. This game has a "Co op" But it's only a few levels, Online. And you can't choose the level, It's random! The online mode is horrible (You can't choose the level you want in ANY game type, Even if you are HOSTING a game!) But the activities are the better part of the game. 69 out of 100 stars.

Amped 3 - This game is like Tony hawk's pro skater to Tony Hawk's underground, But in the wrong way. 47 out of 100 stars.

Quake 4 - While some people like this game, I just found it to be more hype then good. 43 Out of 100 stars.

Oh and please download the demo for dead rising, It is SO GOOD! I had it for nearly two months before I sent it back! (I'm renting my 360 games)
    Kameo can be stretched out to about 14 hours if you take your time; and try to get/complete everything.

I liked Quake 4 quite a bit myself; but is clearly one that many love/hate,; not many in the middle.

Nobody ever mentions Far Cry, but I thought it was fantastic...

Zuma...

Later,
    Trebuken

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slate

Kameo can be stretched out to about 14 hours if you take your time; and try to get/complete everything.

I liked Quake 4 quite a bit myself; but is clearly one that many love/hate,; not many in the middle.

Zuma...

Later,
    Trebuken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oblivion is really good. I also like PGR 3. Never really got into DR or SR. Sain't wasn't bad, I'm just tired of the genre, Dead Rising is fun, but the difficulty of some of the psychopaths caused me to totally loose interest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken

Zuma...

Later,
    Trebuken
    Ah, Far cry. I forgot that one. That and Prey were games that I did not really Get in to. I tried the online modes too, But they didn't really cut it.

Far Cry and Prey both get 55 out of 100 stars, IMO.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found a cheap copy of pdz so I picked it up. Now, does anyone know how to turn of that annoying auto-roll thing. I hate that it zooms out almost everytime I turn just to have her rolling around

Strawberry (Level 2) sickdrummer420's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    sickdrummer420

just go get oblivion and be prepared to have your life taken away for a while
    Drummers do it with rythym