Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Coleco/Sega handheld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I'm gonna check another one on the way home, maybe that one will have it. Thanks my brutha
    I have two basic food groups, fast and frozen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmoor View Post
    True enough, but I don't think that means disregard any and all practicality. I doubt there are many DPers that buy every single game or game related item they set their eyes upon.
    Not everyone owns a GP2X, and the fact that many people dont have the means to play all these games on a handheld on the go, this is a pretty neat device that seems to be worth peoples money. $25 seems like a good price for this thing, and being collectors we are always on the lookout for things that could always become rare or valuable in the future. However I think most people that buy this thing plan on playing it instead of letting it sit around in its package.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3 View Post
    Not everyone owns a GP2X, and the fact that many people dont have the means to play all these games on a handheld on the go, this is a pretty neat device that seems to be worth peoples money. $25 seems like a good price for this thing, and being collectors we are always on the lookout for things that could always become rare or valuable in the future.
    Fair enough, although emulation is also possible on a DS, PSP, and even iPod I believe. I'd wager the vast majority of the DP community own one or more of that trio. Maybe I just don't see these as appealing or particularly collectible, even from a speculative standpoint.

I am aware, however, that the Game & Watch(es) and Coleco mini arcade games have definitely appreciated in value, so I could be way off base. On the other hand, dedicated handhelds like the lcd ones released by Tiger in the late 80's, early 90's aren't worth much at all as far as I know.

However I think most people that buy this thing plan on playing it instead of letting it sit around in its package.
    Probably a good idea.
    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. - Thomas Paine

America can always be counted on to do the right thing after they have exhausted all other possibilities. - Winston Churchill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OdSquad64
    PSN
    OdSquad64

Quote Originally Posted by segagamer4life View Post
    hey where are you that you're target has them for 12.48, I just paid 24.98 on saturday, crap, checked their site, and they don't have the sega one listed....
    The Target I was at is in Evans, GA. They were on the iPod/mp3 player aisle.

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

damn gotta go back tonight and check to see if they lowered the price from saturday....
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dangit, 2 Targets, no dice.
    I know a couple more to check this week. I live in the DFW area, anyone find one round here?
    I have two basic food groups, fast and frozen.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked mine up on sunday for $25, it was in the first Target I checked. It was at the end of an aisle in a big pile of electronic devices labeled "Clearance". So far I'm pretty pleased with the thing. The screen is sharp, the controls are decent, and it's cool playing the Game Gear games on my TV. It's really too bad systems like the Wonderswan and NGPC died before cheap LCD screens like that came out.

I'm a little suprised they put so many old SMS games instead of newer GG ones, but I guess it was a space issue. I'm suprised so many obscure titles were chosen instead of bigger names like Outrun or Wonder Boy.

The only game I found unplayable was Bomber Raid, because you often can't see the bullets depending on the backgroun. To be fair, it's difficult to see them even on a TV.

I definitely wouldn't have paid 50 bucks for it and I could think of a lot of titles I'd rather have seen on the thing (do we really need two column games?), but I hope it's a sign of things to come. A similar device with TG-16 or Atari 7800 games, for instance.