Thread: What genres of shows should be on a video game network?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What genres of shows should be on a video game network?

What genres of shows should be on a video game network?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

G4 is so bad, I'm not going to even bother saying anything more about it.

I would like to see a channel with pretty much only videogame stuff, if it was truly a videogame channel. Since there are gamers of all ages it would be tough to make a channel/show geared towards both. I think during the day, they could play more childish content, then at night do more mature stuff. Maybe even the same type of show geared in different ways for different audienced.

I'd like to see these types of shows:
    -Serious game reviews
    -TechTV Icons equivalent (and reruns)
    -Some type of gameshow with competing players
    -Something that covers gaming news
    -A kind of talk show thing
    -Anything that covered older games
    -A show that dealt with gameplay (strategies, walkthroughs, etc.)
    -A show that highlighted upcoming games with videos and info
    -Machinima I guess
    -Reruns of old videogame shows

As you can see, there isn't that much of a variety of things, which would make a purely gaming network hard to do. But I think there is enough to do so that Man Show reruns wouldn't have to be played. (What is the deal with that, is G4 still a "gaming" network? (pretending that it once was)).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

I'd personally prefer to see a channel of nothing but the games of old from the time of Baer, to the PSX/Saturn era.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

Yeah The Man Show and all that "gang-banger" booty shakin' drift racing crap can go too. If you ask me putting the words "drift" and "racing" together is an oxymoron on George Carlin's stupidity scale of 1-10 by 11. The purpose of racing is to be the fastest.. isn't it? Skidding around corners just seems counter-productive to the whole concept of RACING.. but that's just me. The new Icons episodes aren't REALLY about "icons" (That Borat idiot? An icon? Of WHAT? Gimme' a break!).

Since we're on a soapbox.. ECW wrestling doesn't belong on the Sci-Fi channel either. I've always thought of people who are into Sci-Fi WELL above the intelligence level it takes to enjoy "professional" wrestling.

Come to think of it.. they could just stick ALL of this crap on the Spike channel (or "back" on it.. as the case may be).
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been slowly getting tired of the junk played on G4 and the way the shows flow with lame humor. I don't watch much TV and that's why it's taken this long anyhow. It seems worthless to have a cheat show when all the information is available online and more. Attack of the Show feels like a complete waste of time and the X-Play show has just gone down the toilet horribly. I'm not saying the hosts aren't knowledgable of topics just the presentation part totally blows and the jokes are repeated too much, and aren't even funny. In addition the variety of shows on the network is cluttered and needs to be changed badly. Startrek belongs on Spike TV, that Outragous Behavior show stinks and shouldn't have gone into production, the racing crap they have doesn't belong on the network, it's too edgy and clashes with the other shows. Also that Midnight spank crap, my god what the hell.
    ... I'm going to stop this rant now. G4 just plain sucks bad.

What NEEDS to be done is what most all gamers say all the time. Just make some shows that review newer games without the bull and extra content. Have retro oldschool shows that blast into the past talking about older games and systems. Add some documentry series that follow companies that have either gone under or been bought up and how they did, what they made, ect. Continue something that also follows creators of things, like the BBC special on Tetris, that was awesome. Now, if you had to keep a cheat-like program then make it a walkthrough hint show that touches on more difficult parts of a game without ruining the plot or special features. Also keep advertisments out of the show! I can't stand it when these shows toss in "Oh, and if you want to play some more games go to game fly" or whatever.

Well, that's enough from me right now. I'd like to see some ideas other might have. I recall some others kicking around an online youtube show about gamers collections, similar to MTV Cribs (Which personally I don't care much about celeb houses and their "wheelz").
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

I am tired of all more mature or sport game review shows

seriously, give some variety!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

The only thing on G4 I watch is Arrested Development.

G4 needs some more pre-NES retrogaming shows. And I wish they'd bring back Starcade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

G4 should just be Cinematech nonstop.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?