i'm so tired of platformers and platforming elements in non-platforming games. this isn't 1990 anymore, and we live in an age when videogames are approaching the depth of complex movies and novels. why do i still have to hunt for stupid collectables, leap from lousy platforms, and avoid crap like health-sucking lava and spawning enemies? i notice in games like Ninja Gaiden (xbox) that its not a hard boss or difficult array of enemies that keep me stuck for hours at a time - NO - its a fucking multi-angled jump with a timer ticking down! it seems that game developers are too uncreative to make a fun but understably hard battle or though provoking puzzle! no, in order to pump up the rental fees and your power bills, they stick in inane and pointless platforming elements!

when you buy a FPS, you want a first person shooter. not a "find platforms slippery" which turns in to "fucking punched (my) system". yet 3/4ths of FPS these days have poor cameras "guiding" you to hop across a bottomless pit with your save point 10 minutes back and a 3 minute cut-scene you can't skip!

even some of my favorite games have some of these issues (deus ex).

/rant