Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's the Youngest with a Complete Nes Collection?

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skankinmack View Post
    well sorry we can't all be 35. I am a nes collector who is 21 and my collection is somewhere around 625. That being said, i don't get any help financially from my family. Car, phone, hydro, rent,food, i pay it all out of my own pocket. So why is it any less impressive when someone like me has a big/complete collection? at least i have passion for what i'm doing, so why do you need a reason to make me feel like a jerk? All you should care about is your life, your collection, not anyone elses'. people's situations in their life and their means to obtain these games don't really matter, all that matters is if they enjoy what they are doing.
    I SECOND THIS GUY! I got my collection at my age (21) from hard work and thrifty spending. I work hard at my job and school so I can have fun too. So as for this other guys nonsense ramblings of how he feels. WHO CARES!?! Not me. You take care ya'll

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Who's the youngest to have a totally complete NES collection, all US released games plus the sachens?

How old was Portnoyd when he completed his?
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nothing wrong with young collectors having a lot of games >.> I mean i'm 21 and while i dont really have a lot of nes games (prolly around 100 or so) I collect other systems and heck I know people younger than me with pretty large collections for various systems. I usually focus on whatever the current gen systems are, for instances I used to collect for ps one up till around 2002 and ended that at around 700-800 games roughly, outside of ps one my largest collections are xbox (450), ps2 (500) and also have pretty nice DS and psp collections ds is close to 200 now, psp is around 120, xbox 360 is sitting at 87 out of 89 US releases, gamecube was never a big focus for me I maxerd gcn out at around 130 games.

Anyway i am rambling and tired lol. My point is age doesnt really deterimine a collection size, collection size is determined by how insane some of us are lol.

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AUSSIE-----Poor punctuation because im in a hurry typing because im at work and im not supposed to be online lol. As far as scraping money together, if you had read the last post right above the one you posted it clearly stated i make 8 bucks an hour and how i obtain money to get this stuff :-) look up..^^ I wish i was one of those super rich kids who could just spend and spend like i didnt care. But yes i was one of the ones to slowly and painfully scrape my collection together and has taken me about 3 years. (sorry it hasnt taken me longer??) Im just lucky and fortunate that i found a lot of the toughest ones for a great deal. I mean like 2 years ago i traded a genesis model 3 and a few games for a cib Flintstones 2 lol. So lots of trades and deals like that is how i got the hardest to find games. NO HELP FROM MY PARENTS EITHER. Well maybe a little help i guess, because everytime my mom was out yardsaling she would always pick me up any nes stuff if it was cheap. And then give it to me to sell or whatever, but as for actually buying off ebay>>>> NEVER until maybe this christmas on the last ones i need. As for what i said about TIME and MONEY, yes there is something a little impressive about someone to get all this stuff when they DONT have NO TIME and defintly NO MONEY

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skankinmack View Post
    All you should care about is your life, your collection, not anyone elses'. people's situations in their life and their means to obtain these games don't really matter, all that matters is if they enjoy what they are doing.
    That's exactly what I was saying in the first place. As a collecting community, we should all look at each collector independently, and congratulate each person for what they've accomplished via their passion for games. We don't need to start comparing each other by numbers. Doing it faster, at a younger age, or having a bigger collection or more time and money are not factors that deserve more praise. Somebody who is struggling with money but has mustered up a collection of 20 games that they really love isn't less impressive than some 18-year-old kid with rich parents who has 2000 games. But that doesn't mean there's anything "wrong" with a young person with tons of games.

So if you guys want to get into the comparing games, you have to accept that not everybody defines "impressive" in the same way. It's not always who's fastest, youngest, and has the most. I said what I would find most impressive, but that doesn't mean I'm anything like that myself (I'm nowhere near 35, for one thing).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cool man i see your point. anyways i still think its a cool topic and im still curious if there are anymore young collectors with tons of stuff, post your collections :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parpunk View Post
    Anyways jumpman i might possibly be getting a cib cheetahmen, so ill let ya have my box if i do. ill keep ya posted bro. thanks
    Thanks man. Yeah, keep me posted.

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence View Post
    You know what the cool thing is about you younger guys collecting NES games? You are collecting for a system that is almost as old as you are, which proves that young people like older games as well.
    Yeah, it’s pretty cool. Although I was only born when the NES came out, I DID grow up with it, and that’s the reason I’ve always wanted to complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    What would be more interesting is to hear how long it took someone that's just 20 to get complete collections. Did you already have 100s from your childhood or did you just save up pay checks and purge into getting hundreds of NES games off eBay bundles?
    It took me about 18 months to complete it. Pretty quick, really.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark0673 View Post
    Where do you guys find the cash to do this? I'm 22, and I don't have the kind of side cash to throw a couple hundred bucks on an NES game.
    Its not so much that I spend so much on NES games, its more that I don’t spend money on anything else. My collection gets 99% of the money that I earn.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    I always have to ask, what's complete NES collection?
    Just all the US games for me. Including all three Panesians CIB, Cheetahmen II, Stadium Events, Myriad, etc.. No import stuff for me

I'm still going for a CIB collection, but I'm not 100% focused on it at the moment as I'm ridiculously close to knocking off a few more libraries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman Jr. View Post
    It took me about 18 months to complete it. Pretty quick, really.
    Wow, that's pretty amazing. And you said you spent nearly 99% of your money on your collection, that's real determination there. I very much so limit my spending and most of the time end up spending more on gas than games. I'm just a cheap cheap bastard most of the time or am too picky about picking up a game.

Aussie2B:
    You need to relax. There was a simple inquiry about who is the youngest complete collector not who has the largest balls. It's actually an interesting topic to see how fast people can grab these games and put them on their shelves and it's what makes them unique and great conversationists. I'd like to see you having a bit more fun on the topic rather than bashing people for being young with rich parents, which by the way none of them have even admitted to.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So basically no-one has a complete NES collection, just a 'complete USA NES collection'

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icarwngs55 View Post
    I SECOND THIS GUY! I got my collection at my age (21) from hard work and thrifty spending. I work hard at my job and school so I can have fun too. So as for this other guys nonsense ramblings of how he feels. WHO CARES!?! Not me. You take care ya'll

Mike
    I agree too.
    I'm not in NES collection,but i had complete japanese MD/MCD/32X and PC Engine Hucard/CD/SCD/ACD collections by 1999,and i was 19! (that's like 1500 games total)
    I had SMS complete collection as well (European+US exclusives)..

And all this without help of the family,only my work

And for same reasons than you: i have grown up with Nes/SMS,then MD/PC Engine (i'm 26 years now)

And soon i'll reach another dream: complete Super Famicom collection (1450 titles approx.),still missing 150!

All of this complete in box,of course..that'd be my 21st complete collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adol View Post
    I agree too.
    I'm not in NES collection,but i had complete japanese MD/MCD/32X and PC Engine Hucard/CD/SCD/ACD collections by 1999,and i was 19! (that's like 1500 games total)
    I had SMS complete collection as well (European+US exclusives)..

And all this without help of the family,only my work

And for same reasons than you: i have grown up with Nes/SMS,then MD/PC Engine (i'm 26 years now)

And soon i'll reach another dream: complete Super Famicom collection (1450 titles approx.),still missing 150!

Wow thats awesome man! See us youngens are more determined i guess lol. And honestly i would say i always spent about 80% of all the cash i made on Game stuff as well.I almost had to, to be able to get this far. So i can totally see what jumpman means. I was there too lol. As for the rich parents........eh not really. My old man has his own Body Shop which rolls in the $ but he nor my mom, ever get on ebay and buy me anything lol. they have no idea what to look for lol. And plus both of them have like NO computer skills lol. even this christmas my tells ME to sign into their ebay account and add stuff to her watchlists (i dont think she really knows how lol) And then some how ....some way they just figured out how to use paypal, so i think i might possibly get some of the ones i still need for xmas this year, but besides that i have had NO help from parents, besides whatever they picked me up at yard sales. Which was pretty much just some nes consoles and games that i ended up reselling. What really gave me a huge boost in my collection was getting like almost all the rare games (besides the inane ones) all from an old collector for practically nothing. its a long story and i really dont feel like going through it again as ive told it a million times but heres a link to it if anyone is interested:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...&enterthread=y

just scroll down to where i posted there. But after that huge trade it was pretty easy from there to get all the ones (except for the extreme rares lol). So anyways i guess a lot of luck , and also being at the right place at the right time was how i started collecting this stuff, and was able to get a lot of it without having to spend a fortune. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adol View Post
    Dear lord that's a lot of stuff. Do you have a picture or an account on the videogamecollectors.com?

Insert Coin (Level 0) skankinmack's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parpunk View Post
    its a long story and i really dont feel like going through it again as ive told it a million times but heres a link to it if anyone is interested:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...&enterthread=y

just scroll down to where i posted there. But after that huge trade it was pretty easy from there to get all the ones (except for the extreme rares lol). So anyways i guess a lot of luck , and also being at the right place at the right time was how i started collecting this stuff, and was able to get a lot of it without having to spend a fortune. :-)
    thats is the most insane stuff i have ever seen, you must be the luckiest person in the world. you should go buy some lottery tickets or something. I am SO JEALOUS of you.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    So basically no-one has a complete NES collection, just a 'complete USA NES collection'
    When you think of complete as in every game that could play in a nes no one will ,nor will anyone ever have a complete collection..same as in atari and every other console..nes there are probally a few thousand pirate games, pal, scahen etc, etc etc. For those of us that live in the US a complete collection would be every released US game. as in games you could buy in your local store...

As far as I know no one has a complete US nes collection box, manual, game Ive seen a few close but they were all missing something.

I do agree it is more impressive to have found all the games by buying them new or at yard sales, thrifts and flea markets over time.
    Last edited by wrldstrman; 12-13-2006 at 12:33 AM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tom: If we are going just by NES, and not the Famicom equivalent, then it should be defined as just "NES". To answer your questions:

complete US collection only? (Can be with or without boxes or manuals, there are up to 20 that I believe with at least cart only. AS far as complete with all manual,s, boxes, and everything else, JHD7 used to own everything as far as I know, perhaps missing one box, but I recall him having everything complete at one point. I have every game including ALL of the contest carts, but I am missing a few boxes)
    complete US with complete Euro-only released titles?-(I've got all the European only titles as well. I'm not sure how many of the 20 that completed the NES NTSC collection have the Euro/Australian titles, I would say less than 5 have these.)
    complete US with complete Japanese-only released titles?-No one that I know has this. There would have to be at least 600 Japan "only" titles notncluding name changes and what have you. I am going to try and collect all of the Famicom and Famicom Disk games one of these days when I have time, and I will consider it the toughest collection to obtain because of the language barrier and rarities of some of the carts, but I have around 650 different already.)
    complete US with complete Chinese/Taiwan-only (Sachen) released titles?-(I've got all the Sachen titles, but this company is as bootleg as it gets....)

So to really answer your question, on this site, we consider complete NES collections to be complete NTSC NES collections.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm only 19 so if I had a complete collection, I'd be in the running. Sadly, I don't have a complete collection (not even close) so I guess I'm out. I always thought it would be cool to complete a collection but the problem is with 700+ games, do you really enjoy them all, or do you just have them to have them? Eventually I want to collect a complete library for a system but I'll probably start with something a little easier than the NES. If I upgrade to something harder, I guess I'd go for the Atari 2600.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

id say about 70 percent of my collection has been from finding stuff in the wild. Im fortunate enough to live in a location where this kinda stuff can still be found. (harder now than when i first started though) As for catbox id say yea its kinda tough trying to get every NES Game especially if your only source for games would be ebay. If i would have had to buy everything offline i would have never got this far and probably would have gave up a long time ago. Anyways i also wouldnt consider this a contest. It was just something i thought about and was curious. Good luck to ya man on what ever route you take on the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

catbox_9:
    I don't know about some of the others but to answer your question on my end (since I'm hitting the 900 area with all my games) whenever I purchase a game I try to play it when I get home. However, this doesn't mean I'll spend the whole day/night or week playing it and I may not even get back with it. I try to concentrate on playing 3-5 of my games at any time (hence why I have 5 systems hooked up at 2 different TVs) and randomly might play a game off the shelf if I have an itch for it. Most of my collection is from the wild but when it comes to more specific systems (such as the Saturn) I tend to buy a lot online because I can't get many of the wanted titles around here.

I have identified myself as a Saturn collector and gamer and have been putting effort into getting the entire library in the USA, pick up exclusives from EU (and keeping any duplicates I get), and grabbing select exclusive titles in Japan (which currently there's around 30 games I want). I'm nowhere near where I want to end up but I've been cruising at a nice rate and can see myself getting bigger bundles and more expensive titles (like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Silvergun) after college when there's more income for me to play with. Right now due to limited funds I concentrate on buying up quantities of cheaper and common games. It's also easier to begin this way (and I've been collecting for consules almost 4 years now).

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    Tom: If we are going just by NES, and not the Famicom equivalent, then it should be defined as just "NES". To answer your questions:

complete US collection only? (Can be with or without boxes or manuals, there are up to 20 that I believe with at least cart only. AS far as complete with all manual,s, boxes, and everything else, JHD7 used to own everything as far as I know, perhaps missing one box, but I recall him having everything complete at one point. I have every game including ALL of the contest carts, but I am missing a few boxes)
    complete US with complete Euro-only released titles?-(I've got all the European only titles as well. I'm not sure how many of the 20 that completed the NES NTSC collection have the Euro/Australian titles, I would say less than 5 have these.)
    complete US with complete Japanese-only released titles?-No one that I know has this. There would have to be at least 600 Japan "only" titles notncluding name changes and what have you. I am going to try and collect all of the Famicom and Famicom Disk games one of these days when I have time, and I will consider it the toughest collection to obtain because of the language barrier and rarities of some of the carts, but I have around 650 different already.)
    complete US with complete Chinese/Taiwan-only (Sachen) released titles?-(I've got all the Sachen titles, but this company is as bootleg as it gets....)

So to really answer your question, on this site, we consider complete NES collections to be complete NTSC NES collections.
    how are you coming along with your 2600 collection

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cyberfluxor: Daytona Netlink Edition is going to be the toughest for you for US games...get it now if you can, it was the last game to complete my Satrun collection.

wrldstrman: Atari 2600 is actually a system I don't want to complete entirely, I'm going for one of almost everything boxed, but purposely statying away from Sears and Atari duplicates of games, but collecting the Sears only (not released otherwise titles such as Submarine Commander and Stellar Track) so in that sense, the only stuff I really will never try to obtain unless they fall in my lap are: Video Life, Eli's Ladder, etc. I pretty much have 95% of the 2600 library minus around 10 tough to find titles boxed, and it really only took a litle bit of time to locate most of the items, but the XONOX boxes, Mr. Do's Castle, Out of Control, X-Man, and Springer are eluding me....