Quote Originally Posted by djsquarewave View Post
ZXE-D: Legend of Plasmatlite? Ludicrously expensive, maybe. Overwhelmingly rare, probably not, considering NCS (I think, some import webstore anyway) got ten of them in when it came out.

Gaiaseed probably isn't quite as high up there as some might like to believe. It pops up from time to time, it's just really pricey.

Kitchen Panic? That one doesn't turn up much at all... There's a handful I've never once seen (Bubsy, Return Fire, Maximum Force, Heart of Darkness...) but that may be that they were never actually released...
Kitchen Panic isn't that rare -- I just bought one on YJA for 2500 yen, and I saw one on eBay recently for around $40. I'm not overly concerned with obis, so it doesn't bother me, but I haven't seen a complete copy available since I started looking a few weeks ago.

Most of the US developed games are uncommon in Japan due to low print runs. Mortal Kombat II is probably the most famous of them, especially since it didn't get a PS release in America. As for the other games you listed, I don't think Bubsy or Heart of Darkness were released at all, Return Fire was only on 3DO and Maximum Force was in arcades but not on PS.