Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rarest Japanese PS Game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Hmmm, Gunnm got expensive? When did that happen? o_O I bought it about a year ago for around 15-20 dollars.
    Nah. I had a copy on my FS list for $35 for months and months. I think I finally got rid of it for $25.
    Huh. I could have sworn it usually went for around $70 or so. Of course, it being by the same people responsible for Megatudo 2096 doesn't exactly give me any hope of it being a decent game.

What about the Sunmark edutainment games? There's virtually no information about them out there (googling their names returns the maker's website and...Yahoo Auctions), and they're not even mentioned on any games lists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantSvgun View Post
    I know Panzer Bandit is one of the rarer ones. Mega man X3 is up there too. I think the Gradius deluxe pack, and the Salamander deluxe pack are kinda rare, but super pricey.

What is a Panzer Bandit worth anyways? I've been looking for one for a while now, but I never know what to offer.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Actually, I think I was the one who bought your Gunnm, GaijinPunch. :P Unless you happened to have two copies selling at different points.

It actually is a pretty fun game, despite its developer and the history of anime games (not that there aren't a fair number of good ones, but in general they suffer from the same syndrome that all licensed games have) I just wish it had more "anime-ness" to it at times, since I love the OAV (and I'm VERY picky about anime). It could've benefited from some more prominent music, anime portraits, voice acting, and the like.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know on what scale of "rarity" Hot Blooded Family (a 1st generation Beat 'Em Up PS1 game) is, but I rarely see it up on Ebay. I mean it's up from time to time but not very often. It might not be so uncommon on Yahoo!Japan or other Japanese auction sites, but using Ebay as my primary procuring process for the globe (outside of gaming forums communities anyhow) I'd say that one is pretty rare. Though I know ole' Carlson (16-Bits) from Mad-Gear LLC has had a few in from time to time. The other game that I find is nuts to find is the Sega Saturn game Psychic Warlock Assassin Taromaru. I had that one brand new imported from Die Hard Games no less back in '96 or '97 and sold it... still can't find one very easily these days and it's twice the price of what it was back in the day.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 50s Brawler View Post
    I don't know on what scale of "rarity" Hot Blooded Family (a 1st generation Beat 'Em Up PS1 game) is, but I rarely see it up on Ebay. I mean it's up from time to time but not very often. It might not be so uncommon on Yahoo!Japan or other Japanese auction sites, but using Ebay as my primary procuring process for the globe (outside of gaming forums communities anyhow) I'd say that one is pretty rare. Though I know ole' Carlson (16-Bits) from Mad-Gear LLC has had a few in from time to time. The other game that I find is nuts to find is the Sega Saturn game Psychic Warlock Assassin Taromaru. I had that one brand new imported from Die Hard Games no less back in '96 or '97 and sold it... still can't find one very easily these days and it's twice the price of what it was back in the day.
    Hot Blooded Family is uncommon, but not rare. You're able to get it complete with spine for $40 max.

Psychic Assassin Taromaru for the Saturn is the rarest Saturn game, with estimate print run of 7,500 copies.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nekketsu Oyako (aka Hot Blooded Family) seen it several times, not really rare would say uncommon.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Quote Originally Posted by Mark III View Post
    What is a Panzer Bandit worth anyways? I've been looking for one for a while now, but I never know what to offer.
    It's around 70-80 bucks. Good game in the vein of Guardian heroes.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's around 70-80 bucks. Good game in the vein of Guardian heroes.

Seems quite pricey. I think it's 5000 yen in Akihabara. Nice game though!
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Someone mentioned it before, but Banpresto games get pricey, even if they are common.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Someone mentioned it before, but Banpresto games get pricey, even if they are common.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well... whomever it was, they were wrong. There's stacks of cheap Banpresto games. Just depends on the game. In fact, I'd dare say the average game is bargain.
    gamengai
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well... whomever it was, they were wrong. There's stacks of cheap Banpresto games. Just depends on the game. In fact, I'd dare say the average game is bargain.
    Hey, now! I said the decent ones. The average Banpresto game is crap. Just look at those Racdym fighters, or Megatudo 2096, or...

I still say the Sunmark games are somewhere up there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djsquarewave View Post
    Hey, now! I said the decent ones.
    Well, I guess you were misquoted then. Banpresto has loads of 500 yen games. Super Robot Taisen anything, for starters... well most of the series anyway.
    gamengai
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Well, I guess you were misquoted then. Banpresto has loads of 500 yen games. Super Robot Taisen anything, for starters... well most of the series anyway.
    Seriously. It's really off-base to judge prices/rarity of PS1 games from the State-side view. I saw TONS of inexpensive Banpresto-series titles in Kansai when I frequented game shops there. You can't go off eBay for this stuff; you really need to have a source on the street, as a lot of retro-gaming business in Japan is done off-the-radar in smaller shops. It ain't all Super Potato.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by petewhitley View Post
    Seriously. It's really off-base to judge prices/rarity of PS1 games from the State-side view. I saw TONS of inexpensive Banpresto-series titles in Kansai when I frequented game shops there. You can't go off eBay for this stuff; you really need to have a source on the street, as a lot of retro-gaming business in Japan is done off-the-radar in smaller shops. It ain't all Super Potato.
    I agree - if we went with eBay prices for Japanese games, I'd be rich. Importers mark up the prices to almost insane levels. I saw PSOne Books rereleases going for $40 or $50! There are some stores and sellers who have good prices, but most of the import goods I see are highly marked up.

If I had a Jynx think of the things we can do together. She also kisses alot.
    Not to mention her breast plates is obviously hiding something nice
    The of Jynx as a XXX doll pokemon. -Rugal Sizzler

┏┫∵┣┛My Collection┏┫∵┣┛

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goemon View Post
    I agree - if we went with eBay prices for Japanese games, I'd be rich. Importers mark up the prices to almost insane levels. I saw PSOne Books rereleases going for $40 or $50! There are some stores and sellers who have good prices, but most of the import goods I see are highly marked up.
    As a general rule if an eBay seller is asking more than 25% or so over the prices on, say, Amazon or Game-Life, I'll pass and wait for it to pop up cheaper, unless it's something I really really want.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

use to have panzer bandit last year sold it for bout 20, but seen it go sometimes around 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark III View Post

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While I don't know if these are literly "rare" as in print runs, here is a few very expensive psx j games.

Gradius Delux Pack
    Captain Commando
    Dodonpachi
    Salamander Pack
    Samurai Spirits Fencing Pack

I am sure there is more but those are around the 100+ mark each on Play Asia and on Ebay I have seen them go for maybe 10-20 less, this is complete with spine and all, as that does tend to affect import prices on ebay.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goemon View Post

I check their location alot and feeback etc.

I notice there is a ton of HK sellers who jack up the prices of books and ultimate hits versions like crazy, they are either out to lunch or doing it as a joke.

I saw one HK dude list that Haunted Castle PS2 port for like $199 USD when it was still in stock on PA for aroudn 24, I see alot of FFVII Int and VP for $40 USD when they are easily found on PA for 10-20 less, its just morons trying to sucker other morons into buying best versions for more cause morons might think they are rare or worth as much as originals, although j GH games tend to be worth a tad more compared to NA ones.

There is some dude in australia who has been trying to sell off his sealed copy of FFVII Int original for around 399 USD, rare ? a little...original anyway....worth that much sealed ? HAHAHAAHA right, but some holier than thou rpg collector with cash may just buy it, hes relisted it at least 3 times though, guess he is waiting for the right tool to come along.
    Last edited by Wolf; 03-23-2007 at 10:06 PM.