Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad I clicked on this. A question, I heard this rumor throughout the years, care to comment on it? The rumor is you tried to localized Metal Wolf Chaos, care to comment on this?

Thanks

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vireland View Post
    Zach can be very nice, but he can also be a habitual liar.
    Around these parts at least, and Atari Age, Mr. Meston soured his reputation a few years back ripping off several people by taking their money and never sending the game stuff they paid for. So that's not too surprising to learn.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youruglyclone View Post
    Glad I clicked on this. A question, I heard this rumor throughout the years, care to comment on it? The rumor is you tried to localized Metal Wolf Chaos, care to comment on this?

Thanks
    Don't want to take this thread off topic, but yes, that's true. I've tried multiple times. From thinks it's too offensive for Americans (at least that's one of their many reasons for not licensing it). I think the game scenario is hilarious.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Hi Victor, nice to see you around here to clear that up

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't want to take this thread off topic, but yes, that's true. I've tried multiple times. From thinks it's too offensive for Americans (at least that's one of their many reasons for not licensing it). I think the game scenario is hilarious.
    Thank for finally clearing it and for attempting to bring this to the states. I hope one of these days we'll be able legitimately play this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Indeed - The red card mystery has been a thorn in my side for over a decade. I just recently re-did the A. Case page at my site, I added / re-edited all the corrections mentioned here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Indeed - The red card mystery has been a thorn in my side for over a decade. I just recently re-did the A. Case page at my site, I added / re-edited all the corrections mentioned here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    Glad I could clear that up (as a side effect of clearing up the gold paintmaster Zach nonsense). If you want to fix the text on your Assassin's Case page to take off the incorrect references to (gold paint) and replace that with the correct "vacuum metallized gold finish" (the technical term for the process) or "gold plated" that would be great, and go a long way to fixing the erroneous idea that we (or anyone) could achieve that kind of mirror finish with gold paint. Scanning that page, there were 4 references to paint I saw. You talk about the letter saying the paint would wear off because of acidic sweat, but actually the letter says the gold plating could wear off, not paint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Glad I could clear that up (as a side effect of clearing up the gold paintmaster Zach nonsense). If you want to fix the text on your Assassin's Case page to take off the incorrect references to (gold paint) and replace that with the correct "vacuum metallized gold finish" (the technical term for the process) or "gold plated" that would be great, and go a long way to fixing the erroneous idea that we (or anyone) could achieve that kind of mirror finish with gold paint. Scanning that page, there were 4 references to paint I saw. You talk about the letter saying the paint would wear off because of acidic sweat, but actually the letter says the gold plating could wear off, not paint.
    Ack! Good catch - I forgot to edit the actual photo captions (2 of the 4 culprits), and also found the other two. I edited them out, also retouched a few other sentences. Thanks for the page check!

Also, I doubt you remember me, but we talked via eBay years ago (decade?! <_<), when you helped me with the Alundra variants and other WD things. I sill have the Lunar 2 you autographed for me displayed on my shelf with all the other variants. I really appreciate all the help and corrections to make sure G-R's info is right.