Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PS1 Emulator Cracked on PSP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to piss on the parade but isn't this all you know....piracy? Yeah, you may have the original PS1 CD but if Sony is trying to RESELL the ability to play PS1 games on the PSP then how is this thread getting past the mods here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    I hate to piss on the parade but isn't this all you know....piracy? Yeah, you may have the original PS1 CD but if Sony is trying to RESELL the ability to play PS1 games on the PSP then how is this thread getting past the mods here?
    Ripping your own legit PS1 games is considered piracy? I don't think so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Well, as long as this thread lasts let me add.........YAHOO!!!!! The PSP library just improved BIG time and personally if anything I think this will help push PSP hardware sales, maybe sell to thoses still undecided, I mean the PSP is now a portable PS1 to boot, and people doing awesome jobs making new icons etc, hybrid Firmwares.....damn I wasn't that big on my PSP for the past 6 months but now, damn I'd never sell it!
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Assuming you own the original games, there is no issue of piracy. All you're doing is converting the format from the original CD to a digital media.

Where you start getting into legal trouble is with the hacked firmware. Modifying the software on an electronic device in order to bypass copy protection is illegal, even if bypassing copy protection is a side effect and not the main goal.

Running the 1.5 firmware and running homebrew is perfectly legal (assuming the homebrew itself isn't violating copyright). You cannot be penalized for Sony's mistake of shipping a flawed product. However, installing this modified firmware is, sadly, illegal as you're violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). What you're doing is modifying Sony's copyrighted software in order to introduce flaws that allow you to bypass copy protection.

Welcome to the digital revolution, you no longer have the rights to use items you've purchased in ways they were not intended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default i know this is a dumb question

How do you rip ps1 games to your psp or your computer? I had a friend put on the NES, SNES, GENESIS emulators but he doesn't know how to rip the ps1 games help me please i want to play suikoden on my psp

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

man I'm pissed...I was gonna downgrade a long time ago, but I have the TA-082 motherboard, so I'm pretty screwed as far as homebrew goes.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
    How do you rip ps1 games to your psp or your computer? I had a friend put on the NES, SNES, GENESIS emulators but he doesn't know how to rip the ps1 games help me please i want to play suikoden on my psp
    Use Alcohol 120%. Select image making wizard and keep the datatype custom. Start it up and it will rip the game to bin/cue format. All you need is the bin file, the cue file is just an instruction on how to reburn it do a disc.

I think it's quite hilarious how a couple people have said this new hack has made a kick ass library of games for the psp. Being able to play old PSX games we've all probably beaten a ton of times is making us all excited about the PSP. Kinda funny that I think about....I wouldn't touch my psp until I learned I could play SOTN on it. Then I rushed out to buy a ac adapter I'd lost months ago ;D lol.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

If the mods want to lock it, they will. No need for you march in here and play junior-mod.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    Oob, I hear people who didn't have any luck with their own rips switched to a different ripping app and they worked fine after that. Maybe that's what you need to do. Clone CD and Alcohol 120 are giving the best results. I used Alcohol 120 and danny kay1710's POPstation GUI to do mine. If that doesn't work, maybe it's a problem with the HSG2 files you are using?
    I tried using Alcohol 120, and turned off all of the error-skipping and whatnot. Works perfectly now. Dropped the icon and pic PNG files in the popstation directory, created the eboot, and sure enough, the image files were replaced with the new ones.

Yay for rekindling interest in my PSX library.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Gaah. Stupid me needs to read more. Buying a new PSP and upgrading the firmware (so I can get my PS3 to stream to it) just knocked me out of the scene.

Hopefully I can return it to BB and I'll buy my buddie's used one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can anyone recommend some decent Popstation GUI's? I'd like to change the icons/bacground pics/game title so it's something other than HSG2 but there are dozens of different apps out that let you do that and I don't know which is the best.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. I didn't think this would work so well. I upgraded to 3.02-oe b, and the games just work. I didn't rip the game myself - I pulled a pre-made one from the usual torrent sources (I do have that game before anyone gets on me). Gran Turismo 2 worked perfectly....

Dark Alex is a f-ing genius.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

the only problem I've ran into so far is when you beat Tekken 3, after the ending movie, the game freezes.

Other than that, it's beautiful.
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin- View Post
    Wait a minute...do you ACTUALLY MEAN I could be playing Symphony of the Night on my PSP? I never thought this day would come...the day I play my PSP again. I may finally have to update from 1.50.
    Yes, and I RIPPED it already and placed it on piratebay.

I hope you enjoy it

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3585215/...to_play_on_PSP

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

The first thing I want to say is "I Told You So" - that's to all the morons who whined that Sony had PS1 games playing on a PSP but were 'forcing you' into owning a PS3. I said then be patient, someone will hack it, and sure enough there it was right before Xmas!

I was disappointed that I couldn't get Syphon Filter 3 to work properly, but I have been playing Crash Bandicoot 2 on my PSP lately (and Metal Slug X), so I'm *loving* this new custom firmware. I can't decide which of my PSP games to convert next

Honestly, once you get the hang of it, changing firmwares isn't a big deal. I've gone from 1.52 to 2.0 (which was legit obviously) to 1.5 to 2.71 SE to 3.02 OE. Each time I was careful about what I did, where I got the stuff from, and made sure I knew what I was going to do before I did it, and have had zero problems.

Now my 4GB card seems too small. I need 8 GB at least. Now where's that "Best PSX games" thread around here...
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there anything I can do?

I've got a TA-082 PSP running firmware 2.5 - Is there any way I can get this sucker running?

edit: holy crap! does the TA-082 firmware 2.71 downgrader on this page actually work?? If so, I'll just have to upgrade to 2.71 then downgrade to 1.5 and I'm set!

Can anyone let me know whether its safe to use that method on my TA-082?
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 01-02-2007 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    Can anyone recommend some decent Popstation GUI's? I'd like to change the icons/bacground pics/game title so it's something other than HSG2 but there are dozens of different apps out that let you do that and I don't know which is the best.
    Nork, I've been using the danny_kay popstation GUI, which I think is the same one you're using. All I've done is fashion the images I want to use in Photoshop, and drop them in the popstationGUI folder, along with the bin/iso I'm wanting to convert.

I've gotten it to change every game I've done. Easiest way, I think.

Dunno about hex editing the save, though. A nice walkthrough on that would be killer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Is there anything I can do?

I've got a TA-082 PSP running firmware 2.5 - Is there any way I can get this sucker running?

edit: holy crap! does the TA-082 firmware 2.71 downgrader on this page actually work?? If so, I'll just have to upgrade to 2.71 then downgrade to 1.5 and I'm set!

Can anyone let me know whether its safe to use that method on my TA-082?
    I tried it, and it worked wonderfully!

My PSP started as a ver. 2.5 TA-082 and now it can run UMDs (of course), PSOne games and homebrew. It's a total gaming powerhouse now! and it was incredibly easy (although completely nerve destroying)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Convert PSone games

How do you convert a PSone image of a kitten to combat a RGB butter monster?

**Edited by PapaStu due to asking for romz help**
    Last edited by PapaStu; 01-02-2007 at 11:42 PM.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
    How do you do naughty naughty things with software you don't own legally
    By putting your PlayStation game disc into your PlayStation. Amazing aint it!We do not ask for teh help with teh running of illicit romz on the forum.
    Last edited by PapaStu; 01-02-2007 at 11:43 PM.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog