Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are your 2007 gaming predictions?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Emuaust View Post
    Anyways that is all, thread is flame bait and pointless now, I take my leave.
    Agreed, let's leave it to the predictions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Evan's bold predictions

Here are my predictions:

- The Wii will catch up to the Xbox 360 in terms of market share by mid-year. They will remain roughly tied by the end of the year, due in part to the release of games like Halo 3 and Super Mario Galaxy, which drives sales. I predict they will both sell around 20 million units worldwide by the end of 2007.

- The PS3... well that is a tough one. The ebayers really screwed Sony on that one by buying up the supply, only to find that there is only a limited amount of people willing to pay >$1000 for a console with no spectacular games, and now the hype is waning. If Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy 13 come out late next year, I think it will have a decent year. However, if they are delayed, which I believe will happen, I see the PS3 having a very Gamecube-like future. I predict 7-8 million units sold by the end of 2007.

- The DS will continue to dominate the handheld realm. Dragon Quest 9 will be hearlded as the greatest RPG ever for a handheld, and will sell millions in Japan (though it will not make it out in North America until 2008). There will continue to be a solid stream of high quality games.

- The PSP will be abandoned by the end of the year by everyone except Sony. Despite also being abandoned, the GBA will still outsell the PSP by a large margin.

- The PS2 market will slowly fade by the end of the year. Though some predict that it will still thrive, I am sceptical. Remember that the Snes and Genesis still outsold Playstation 1 and Saturn by a large margin in the first year those two consoles were released. By 1996, it was clear than the 16-bit era was over. The same will happen with the PS2. Just look how quickly the Xbox was dropped. There will be a series of sure-fire sellers, but most companies will have moved to next-gen.

- There will not be any major hardware announcements. The only thing I could see is Sony announcing a successor to the PSP, though considering how badly it slumped after a year, I don't see it happening.

- I predict that I will buy more DS games, and have tons of fun. I probably won't get any new consoles this year, as I am waiting for price cuts, which surely won't happen this year.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster_ca_2003 View Post
    -
    -Sony and its PS3 will have a really really bad start to 2007 but as Consumers start to reallize that Blu Ray is better than HD-DVD the sales will start to pick up in the middle of the year as a cheap Blu Ray Player and carry it through the rest of 2007, but it will not catch either console this generation.
    Please explain how the glitchy blu-ray is better than HD-DVD? Considering HD is outselling blu-ray 3 to 1. And Sony is still having problems with the blue diodes that it uses to make the beam?

Not to mention it's about $300 cheaper...

HVD (Holographic Versatile Discs) will blow them both away, anyway. So why does it really matter??

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy View Post
    Please explain how the glitchy blu-ray is better than HD-DVD? Considering HD is outselling blu-ray 3 to 1. And Sony is still having problems with the blue diodes that it uses to make the beam?

Not to mention it's about $300 cheaper...

HVD (Holographic Versatile Discs) will blow them both away, anyway. So why does it really matter??
    Listen New Technology almost always starts out Glitchy and I think sony will have these Problems Figured out sooner rather than Later.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'll go out on a limb and predict that Microsoft will come out with a portable system in 2007.
    I'll also predict that there won't be any more Xbox games released in 2007. At least I hope not. I'm fairly close to having a complete Xbox collection and frankly, I don't need to see any more frackin' Xbox games!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by njiska View Post
    First rule of all engagements, know your opponent. Trying to bully me into a flame war isn't going to work. Well i don't sink to your level and start calling people jackasses without provocation and i certainly don't make baseless claims.

You wanted more evidence so i shall provide it.

Most of the Super Monkey Ball Minigames have control issues, Red Steel is lamented by many for it's poor control, motion controls in the legend of Zelda feel tacked on and offer little extra in terms of immersion and Boxing in Wii sports is so randomly unresspoinsive it's not even funny.

If you'd like to take the issue outside fo just controls we can do that as well.

- Poorly designed online service
    - slow interface for navigating the online Store
    - many VC titles are over priced and in some cases we've already seen prices start to rise
    - opting not to support HD because SD has a higher precentage of the market, then turning around and opting for Wifi only even though wired has most of the market
    - lack of first party component cables at launch. Slow arrival post launch
    - lack of wired eithernet to USB adapter until january (And they don't allow 3rd party ones to work)
    - Lack of USB keyboard support
    - Ridiculously short battery life and no rechargable battery pack
    - Lack of any truely impressive titles that aren't mini-game collections
    - Lack of forthcoming 3rd praty exclusives with major appeal
    - Lack of forthcoming 1st party exclusives until late next year

I'm sure there's lots more i haven't mentioned as well.

Now here's a little lesson for you. The greatest debate of all is that which takes place with in a court room and in a court room it is the person who makes the original claim (i.e. you) that is required to prove it, the person disputing the claim (i.e. me) is only required to offer proof that discredits your proof. Your job is to prove your claims to us, not to bitch and moan when we say, "Sorry don't beleive you"

Now i've been good and offered more objections to your theory on the Wii, why don't you try offering some proof for your claims? Especially your claims against Microsoft since the are beyond absurd.

For me it's all in good fun.
    http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1622174
    Arguing is fun
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Spartacus said:
    I'll go out on a limb and predict that Microsoft will come out with a portable system in 2007. I'll also predict that there won't be any more Xbox games released in 2007. At least I hope not. I'm fairly close to having a complete Xbox collection and frankly, I don't need to see any more frackin' Xbox games!
    I think it's pretty easy for me to predict that there WILL be Xbox games released in 2007. I don't see them shutting them off like a faucet. That wouldn't be great public relations to XBox owners who haven't upgraded to a 360...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

My predictions:

-The 360 will establish itself as a solid #1 in the US and across the globe. (Well, except in Japan.)

-The Wii will rise to #2 in the States and worldwide, but will be the most popular console in Japan.

-Mario Galaxy and Halo 3 will be massive hits and start up huge Nintendo/MS fanboy wars, especially when the two games split the major GOTY awards right down the middle.

-Nintendo will score a mid-level exclusive sometime in 2007, surprising many.

-Microsoft will score a AAA-exclusive *WORLDWIDE* (yes, including Japan), astounding everyone, and inciting fanboy flamewars like nobody's business.

-Sony, in need of good news amongst moribund sales across the board, will make a big announcement that grabs lots of attention. Whether or not the results help Sony won't be known until 2008.

-Dragon Quest IX will be a smash hit in Japan, and when released in the US 2008, will actually sell like hotcakes here as well, pleasing Enix diehards to no end.

-Nintendo will begin releasing translated versions of Japan-only games like Mother, Fire Emblem, and Famicom Wars on the Virtual Console. However, they'll still piss everyone off by cracking down on the burgeoning translation and reproduction markets online.

-Sammy will announce plans for a console, to be launched somewhere around 2008 or 2009. It will not be Sega-branded, and will be met with skepticism.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW View Post
    -Sammy will announce plans for a console, to be launched somewhere around 2008 or 2009. It will not be Sega-branded, and will be met with skepticism.
    Wow where did that come from? I mean Sammy making a console is one thing, but not using the Sega brand would be pretty odd.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

I would buy a Sammy console in a heartbeat, Sega branded or not.

<=== has damn near bought an Atomiswave more times than he can count.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I predict that in 2007 gamers will continue to disguise prejudices and baseless assumptions as predictions and forecasts for how companies will do/are doing.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-Nokia will unveil & begin selling the N-Gage's follow up and I will be one of twenty people world wide who care even a little.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Half Japanese View Post
    I predict that in 2007 gamers will continue to disguise prejudices and baseless assumptions as predictions and forecasts for how companies will do/are doing.
    True enough, it's sad that it happens but I am guilty of it as well.

though it's just one of those things I guess.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars