Thread: Snes

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Snes

I have a working US SNES, but I have a problem with it reading carts, I have to hold the cart back against the plastic in order for it to play near enough any game. I think the problem is the little spring loaded "thing" that keeps the cart straight. How do I fix this?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like your systems cart pin connector is dirty and/or loose. Depending on the version of the SNES that you have, you may be able to easily swap in a new connector. Otherwise you will have to clean each pin using a credit card wrapped in white paper towel soaked in rubbing alcohol, and then you will have to bend each pin, using a small screw driver, to make it more tightly hold its connection with the cart. It is about 30 minutes of work, and you will need to open up the SNES to do it.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioKartMonk View Post
    Sounds like your systems cart pin connector is dirty and/or loose. Depending on the version of the SNES that you have, you may be able to easily swap in a new connector. Otherwise you will have to clean each pin using a credit card wrapped in white paper towel soaked in rubbing alcohol, and then you will have to bend each pin, using a small screw driver, to make it more tightly hold its connection with the cart. It is about 30 minutes of work, and you will need to open up the SNES to do it.
    Thanks for the info, I'm almost certain it's not due to them being dirty as they look as clean and golden as the day it was made.