Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Japanese video game complete collections!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok when you are not going to Japan to buy those games it's difficult....you are right.

But I think it's easier to collecting jap-stuff, cause

1. there are thousand of shops in Japan who have a lot of games there...sealed. Where are those shops here in europe (specially in Germany where I come from)???

2. jap-stuff is all around the world....don't know an American who's collecting PAL-games.

3. The "collecting-scene" in Japan is much much bigger than in europe...otherwise there are bigger quantities.

Never saw a sealed FF VII (PAL) in ebay for example....and I'm looking for about two years EVERY day. And I can write you many games down which I never saw in ebay with a factory sealed condition.

Sorry, but in this time collecting PAL-games or getting PAL games sealed is much harder than getting jap-games.
    Ok if you buy every game when they were released than you are right.

That's my opinion...
    Last edited by Sammelhammel; 12-28-2006 at 07:11 AM.
    www.sealedvideogames.net... a new forum about factory sealed games (JAP, US and PAL) !!! Language: english

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sammelhammel View Post
    Ok when you are not going to Japan to buy those games it's difficult....you are right.

But I think it's easier to collecting jap-stuff, cause

1. there are thousand of shops in Japan who have a lot of games there...sealed.

2. jap-stuff is all around the world....don't know an American who's collecting PAL-games.

3. The "collecting-scene" in Japan is much much bigger than in europe...otherwise there are bigger quantities.

Never saw a sealed FF VII (PAL) in ebay for example....and I'm looking for about two years EVERY day. And I can write you many games down which I never saw in ebay with a factory sealed condition.

Sorry, but in this time collecting PAL-games or getting PAL games sealed is much harder than getting jap-games.
    Ok if you buy every game when they were released than you are right.

That's my opinion...
    1. That argument doesn't stand if you havent' been in Japan
    I've been there in 1999,never since.

2.I'm an European.I don't know an European collector who doesn't collect PAL games.it is SO easy for us.

3.I agree in "general",but there are rare japanese games that are RARER than any rare occidental game.

I saw plenty of PAL French Factory Sealed FF VII on Ebay.
    But i guess you're looking for PAL UK one.

And getting 600 or so PAL SNES games is easier than getting 1500 japanese ones.
    Just because that's 2.5 times bigger

Then imagine 20 complete collections

I don't want to "deny" the fact getting PAL games in good condition is hard,no, but saying it is harder than getting complete japanese collections is just wrong.It is at least AS hard as PAL ones.

And if we're talking about PC Engine for example,there was NO PAL collection to make.

I don't collect japanese games because it is "harder" (for me) or "easier" (for you),i collect them because i love them and i grew up with them.
    The only PAL games i grew up with was SMS games,and that's why i collected PAL SMS games.

Otherwise,since i'm 10,i'm into import market.SFC,MD,PC Engine from 1990.

That's why i collect such things

And my "devotion" to those systems is big,so big i tried to get every single game made for them.

Except Saturn for example, i have all games ever made for Sega systems since Mark III Market (all Mark III,MD,Mega CD,32X,Game Gear,Dreamcast games)..I'm 450 saturn titles, but i'm not considering finding and buying ( becaus money IS an issue of course) the remaining 750 titles,all complete. Even if i dream of it,that is just too much money for my blood.

I'm glad i managed to get all games ever made for Nec systems (PC Engine Hucard,CD,SCD,ACD,Supergrafx,PC-FX), and i'd love to do the same for Nintendo systems, but that's just too hard...maybe if i don't consider handhelds
    (I'm have all FDS,VB,N64,DD64 and i'm going to have all SFC&Gamecube games, then remains Famicom which is "just" 1200 titles!!! And it is hard to find complete in box Famicom games those days)...

The hardest complete collection to me, is JPN Gameboy..it'd be a PAIN in the ass to find them complete in box,since only 5-10% of those games remains complete on the market...you always find loose games for that system.
    And there is like 2000 games.
    Last edited by Adol; 12-28-2006 at 07:21 AM.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What i like about japenese games is that they are usualy (after my experience) in good/great condition. PAL games, like NES and SNES, is very hard to find in great condition. Everytime there is some small damage on the box or scratches on the label etc. Seems like the japanese takes more care of their stuff, which is good.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    What i like about japenese games is that they are usualy (after my experience) in good/great condition. PAL games, like NES and SNES, is very hard to find in great condition. Everytime there is some small damage on the box or scratches on the label etc. Seems like the japanese takes more care of their stuff, which is good.
    I fully agree here,but if you wanted to get very good or NEW condition PAL games,you had the opportunity to do so by BUYING them at that time,in STORES

It was extremely easy.

Now, 10 or more years later, i agree finding JPN games in good condition is easier than PAL ones...US&Europeans players don't care about condition like JPN ones do.

But you DO stil find them,and here again,it is only a question of money.
    When i collected 10 years ago,Internet wasn't there, and it was not only a question of money:some games just NEVER appeared.

All late MD JPN releases (Acclaim) just were NEVER imported in France. Nobody cared.

In 1996, Neo Geo imports like Pulstar,Big Tournament Golf,Gowkaizer,Waku Waku 7,Super Side Kicks 4 were NEVER imported.

PS: The difficulty to find "sealed" PAL or JPN games doesn't occur here, since Sega video games were NOT sealed until Sega Saturn, and Nintendo ones only in 2001 with Gamecube in Japan!
    So you can never know for SURE they are BRAND NEW or not touched even once.

But finding factory sealed games is "another" challenge, and not always very challenging depending of people ( i understand fully ppl collecting those,but i understand too gamers who find it ridiculous).
    Last edited by Adol; 12-28-2006 at 07:53 AM.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adol View Post
    I fully agree here,but if you wanted to get very good or NEW condition PAL games,you had the opportunity to do so by BUYING them at that time,in STORES.
    True, but back then i didnt collect I didnt think about the condition of the games either. I only have 1 complete NES game left that i bought in 1992/1993, which is Maniac Mansion I wish i bought up tons of Lion King, Aladdin and Flintstones 2 copies when they were new. I need a time machine! hehe.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    True, but back then i didnt collect I didnt think about the condition of the games either. I only have 1 complete NES game left that i bought in 1992/1993, which is Maniac Mansion I wish i bought up tons of Lion King, Aladdin and Flintstones 2 copies when they were new. I need a time machine! hehe.
    I'd buy all those Kizuna Encounter Neo Geo Carts,and would NOT sell the 3 i had!

Same goes for my 3 Ultimate 11.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Adol

I'm talking about factory sealed games. That it is easy to get PAL games in a good or very good condition that's logical.

And I'm not talking about you, more about the whole situation.

How often do I see rare jap-systems (Coca-Cola PSP, Pepsi-DS, Donkey Kong-GBA, Saturn Hitachi...etc.) in ebay or in forums like this? How often did I see sealed Radiant Silverguns or sealed Sapphires (not the illegal copies).
    Also your sealed Brikinger or Metal Slug is "easy" to get.

But it's crazy that I, as a European, never see such "stupid" sealed PS-games like FF VII, Legend of dragoon, Kula World, Bubble Bobble.....etc.
    Don't know how it is in France, but in Germany it's difficult (impossible) to get those games. We have no shops here selling new and sealed retro-games like in Japan. Do you have those shops in France?
    And trust me....I know what I'm talking about. I'm not just only looking to ebay or collecting games since yesterday.

That's why I'm thinking it's easier to get a sealed jap. DC-collection as a pal DC-collection. But please don't think I will decry your collection. It's really incredible.
    I think I'm talking about it, cause I NEVER saw a sealed PAL-DC-Collection (or PS or Mega-Cd etc.)....every time I only see sealed jap-collections. It's funny.

Maybe some other collector's from Europe (AtariBuff????) can post their opinion and point of view.

And don't feel attacked from me...
    www.sealedvideogames.net... a new forum about factory sealed games (JAP, US and PAL) !!! Language: english

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Adol

I'm talking about factory sealed games. That it is easy to get PAL games in a good or very good condition that's logical.

And I'm not talking about you, more about the whole situation.

How often do I see rare jap-systems (Coca-Cola PSP, Pepsi-DS, Donkey Kong-GBA, Saturn Hitachi...etc.) in ebay or in forums like this? How often did I see sealed Radiant Silverguns or sealed Sapphires (not the illegal copies).

But it's crazy that I, as a European, never see such "stupid" sealed PS-games like FF VII, Legend of dragoon, Kula World, Bubble Bobble.....etc.
    Don't know how it is in France, but in Germany it's difficult (impossible) to get those games. We have no shops here selling new and sealed retro-games like in Japan. Do you have those shops in France?
    And trust me....I know what I'm talking about. I'm not just only looking to ebay or collecting games since yesterday.

That's why I'm thinking it's easier to get a sealed jap. DC-collection as a pal DC-collection. But please don't think I will decry your collection. It's really incredible.
    I think I'm talking about it, cause I NEVER saw a sealed PAL-DC-Collection (or PS or Mega-Cd etc.)....every time I only see sealed jap-collections. It's funny.

Maybe some other collector's from Europe (AtariBuff????) can post their opinion and point of view.

Yes,there are PLENTY of shops in France selling retro games,for more than 15 years now
    and some of them sell factory sealed ones,if they manage to find some
    But now that Ebay exists,it is WAY easier to find them...
    But talking about Factory sealed games, it is a SMALL minority of collecting video games.
    Not everybody interested in video games is interested into collecting FACTORY SEALED ones.

About rare games,let's talk about my Power League Gold Hucard..how many times do you see it on Yahoo,or Ebay,etc..?1 every 2 years?

What about Darius Alpha, did you see it for sale with special letter AND glasses AND bubblewrapped nec avenue envelope?

What about Tsushin Booster for PC Engine?

What about my Aiwa CSD-GM1 complete in box?
    the very first one to appear on Yahoo for 5 years was sold 10 days ago, and appeared immediately on ebay for $1200 (and i'm trying to sell mine for that kind of price because i consider it is a lot of money for it)?

and so on...all of those are way harder to get than PAL stuff...

I agree with your PAL Factory Sealed collection idea, i think that's maybe ppl here didn't even THOUGHT you buy a game for not opening it.
    I think getting 1 relative PAL DC Factory sealed game could be harder than a relative factory sealed japanese one (but that's relative because there is 5 times less games in PAL collection!!)

But getting TWENTY complete collections, how hard is that?
    and at the SAME time,not 1 after another..
    Last edited by Adol; 12-28-2006 at 08:37 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It still just seems impossible. Not that I doubt you, but in my mind I just can't imagine how that could happen. I mean you had every Neo Geo AES game by 2002? I mean just the sheer time of doing it 1) in the US and 2) before you were 22 and 3) before Yahoo & eBay from Japan were really widespread. You had 3 Kizuna Encounter carts? Did you buy them brand new when they came out? Same with Metal Slug? How could you have even found every single title during that time period before eBay?

I guess you could say I'm curious about the logistics heh. I know if I had $10,000,000 dollars I could do it, but starting with nothing and little money and having multiple copies of very rare titles is hard to imagine.

Even over 10 years you'd still have to average multiple purchases every day of brand new games. You couldn't just keep buying more and more games with limited funds so you'd have to buy and sell and buy again, then one day stop when you had a title you wanted. But how could you be consistently selling and buying to raise money to purchase again? And you still ended up with multiple copies of some rare items?

You couldn't have just bought every game new when it came out, obviously. But you wouldn't know what the rare titles would be until after some time, so obviously you'd be paying more for those by then. At some point to get the new item you have to pay more than anyone else, unless you just happened to luck into a few rare titles are really cheap prices. Quite a few times.

If you buy a game for $100, you're cash goes down by $100. If you're now done with that title than that $100 is gone and can't be used to purchase the next game. Every title you now own represents money that you invested that never came back in the form of cash. But cash is what you'd need just to keep the pyramid going. So you'd have to overcome that $100 loss on another deal just to get your cash back to even, then go up from there.

hehe...sorry....I wasn't expecting to do this. And I really am curious as to how you overcame the finances while still buying that many games that fast. I don't doubt you, but it's like a magic trick, and I'm trying to figure out how it works.
    Thanks,
    Eric

info@japan-games.com
    eBay: Japan-Games

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Japan-Games.com View Post
    It still just seems impossible. Not that I doubt you, but in my mind I just can't imagine how that could happen. I mean you had every Neo Geo AES game by 2002? I mean just the sheer time of doing it 1) in the US and 2) before you were 22 and 3) before Yahoo & eBay from Japan were really widespread. You had 3 Kizuna Encounter carts? Did you buy them brand new when they came out? Same with Metal Slug? How could you have even found every single title during that time period before eBay?

I guess you could say I'm curious about the logistics heh. I know if I had $10,000,000 dollars I could do it, but starting with nothing and little money and having multiple copies of very rare titles is hard to imagine.

Even over 10 years you'd still have to average multiple purchases every day of brand new games. You couldn't just keep buying more and more games with limited funds so you'd have to buy and sell and buy again, then one day stop when you had a title you wanted. But how could you be consistently selling and buying to raise money to purchase again? And you still ended up with multiple copies of some rare items?

You couldn't have just bought every game new when it came out, obviously. But you wouldn't know what the rare titles would be until after some time, so obviously you'd be paying more for those by then. At some point to get the new item you have to pay more than anyone else, unless you just happened to luck into a few rare titles are really cheap prices. Quite a few times.

If you buy a game for $100, you're cash goes down by $100. If you're now done with that title than that $100 is gone and can't be used to purchase the next game. Every title you now own represents money that you invested that never came back in the form of cash. But cash is what you'd need just to keep the pyramid going. So you'd have to overcome that $100 loss on another deal just to get your cash back to even, then go up from there.

hehe...sorry....I wasn't expecting to do this. And I really am curious as to how you overcame the finances while still buying that many games that fast. I don't doubt you, but it's like a magic trick, and I'm trying to figure out how it works.
    Well,just ask Shawn McCleskey,owner of www.neo-geo.com, from WHO he got Kizuna Encounter AND Ultimate 11,back in 2000!
    Ask him,and he'll answer me.Because he still has both of them,and never managed ot get other copies after that.
    I know another american person who still owns Ultimate 11 & Kizuna Encounter FROM me,back in 1999.That makes 4 out of the 6 games,i know where they are.

And since i'm born in 1980,yes i was 19.

Ebay was "widespread" in 1997,i'm on Ebay since 1997
    I'm on Yahoo JPN from 1999 and at THAT time,it wasn't really known.

I never bought those Neo Geo games brand new when they came out,i bought them on Internet, by newsgroup or mailing list ads,from German guys.

I'm not in the US,i'm in France.

I didn't have multiple copies of Metal Slug,no,and i got 3 Kizuna Encounter & 3 Ultimate 11 carts separately, 1 at a time (although i remember having 1 KE & 1 U11 simultaneously)

I had complete collection of neo geo cartridge by 1999 yes,and i bought every new game coming out from 1999 to end of 2001 (Kof 2001 being the last one)..but really VERY FEW titles were coming out at that time
    and i decided to sell everything 5 years ago,on first months of 2002.
    This was the complete JAPANESE collection.

I started with nothing,since i was 15 years old,and i bought&sold a lot of things,in order to acquire the games i wanted for my collection...that is what we call business,isn't it?

I bought all my games USED of course,i couldn't buy them at retail price when they came out,i couldn't afford that.

I didn't care what the "rare titles" were,since my goal at that time was to GET THEM ALL.Then,obviously, i got the rare games in the process.And the crappy ones...

Generally i bought stuff for $200,and i sold a part of it for $200 or slightly more,and then i WON many games at once..

I bought games bundles,like 80 MD Games,and for the price i paid it,i sold the 20 most asked/valuable ones.
    Then i won 60 games, plain and simple.

what is so hard to understand here?

The "magic trick" was that 1997-2001 period was VERY wealthy,and you could sell games with a LOT of profit.
    Now Japanese people (or foreigners based in Japan,like you) sell directly to US/European customers, companies allow you to bid on Yahoo auctions when at that time only ppl (like me) with japanese knowledge were able to bid and win them...

then import game prices COLLAPSED literally...and profit wasn't possible anymore!
    Do you realize i sold a Audio CD for $1500 at that time?
    Somebody paid me $450 for a Panzer Dragoon Mini,and so on..
    But i made some mistakes,likeselling those Kizuna&U11 carts
    By now those 6 carts would value around $60000!
    And i didn't even got $5000 of them!
    I lost $55000!
    Last edited by Adol; 12-28-2006 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Adol is someone who is obviously focused. He was focused at a younger age and was on the ball. He had connections and knew where to look for the right games. The story behind his collection is quite interesting, but I don't think its an impossible scenario.

This past September I was able walk out of a CompUSA with over 50 games, and I paid only about 200 bucks for them. I even scored a sealed MGS2 Sons of Liberty NON-greatest hits, for $1.68!!! The store was liquidating everything.

You just have to know what you are doing, and be at the right place at the right time.
    www.onlineconsoles.com - network gaming for the Dreamcast, GameCube and Playstation 2

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lordnikon View Post
    You just have to know what you are doing, and be at the right place at the right time.
    Yep, but that is not as easy at it sounds You have to be updated and well informed (i would call it skills) + you need a dash of luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have a question! Have you heard of Lucky Shot (X68000)? I am trying to figure out what sort of game it is.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know this X68000 game,sorry

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's all relative, If you buy/sell anything, you can acquire what you need monetary wise, as it is a second income.

Adol is right, though. I would even see his Yahoo Account bidding on these Japanese items when I was searching through Yahoo Japan back from 1999-2001. I made a bit of money buying Dracula X games on Yahoo Japan, and selling them here. Selling US games not released here for NES and Virtual Boy over there. Things like that.

One thing of note, of those "20" collections, things such as N64 DD and Virtual Boy have a small number of games, but the value of a few of those titles is high.

I agree with Japanese Game Boy being nearly impossible to get, but think of it this way, there are TONS of collectors in Japan that we are unaware of, I am sure of it. I am not sure it could be a language barrier, but I am certain there are crazy collectors out there that have tons of games buried away somewhere, but are unbeknownst to us.

Some Japanese items are tough to get in some aspects, BUT think of this Adol, you don't know how hard it is to collect for American systems because you have not tried to collect for most of the bigger US systems. NES is easy to obtain IMO, there are only a few tougher titles out there worth big $$$. Complete and boxed NES is a bit tougher, as Stadium Events is a $$$$ box, and Myriad (unlicensed) is close to it.

No one has completed Game Boy yet to my knowledge. I believe I am the closest with complete/boxed GBC, nearly all of GBA (only missing new releases), and missing only 1 original Game Boy box in the US.

No one has completed Atari 2600 BOXED as far as I know. I don't plan on it, I wanted to get within 4-5 titles, and I am VERY close to doing this, but because there are blatant stupid things such as PAL Mangia boxed as an NTSC version where only 1 exists, as well as the BOMB games, there are too many games that are "suspect", and some that are nearly impossible to find boxes for (Music Machine, Malagai) and some that are impossible to find period (Gauntlet loose).

I am sure there are others that have completed Mega Drive, Mark III, Laseractive, N64, etc. The most impressive is Super Famicom (do you have all the Japanese games now?) because of the sheer number and fact it is a vaunted Nintendo system. I think complete PC Engine would be diffiuclt to get as well.

In any event, it is impressive not only that Adol has accomplished this, but he did it just by buying/selling.

Same goes on my end. I don't make a ton of money at my job, so I have to depend on buying/selling/trading in order to obtain the items I have trhese days.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Being on YJ from 99-01 must have been nice.

Like I said I believe you. I'm just saying to get that many games in such a short amount of time seems almost impossible, especailly if you also need to be selling games just to get money to buy the next ones. I figured you were buying games for $200, taking what you wanted, then reselling the rest for $200, but you'd have to do that hundreds of times. Was there really that much product on YJ back then? When did you leave Japan?
    Thanks,
    Eric

info@japan-games.com
    eBay: Japan-Games

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    It's all relative, If you buy/sell anything, you can acquire what you need monetary wise, as it is a second income.

Adol is right, though. I would even see his Yahoo Account bidding on these Japanese items when I was searching through Yahoo Japan back from 1999-2001. I made a bit of money buying Dracula X games on Yahoo Japan, and selling them here. Selling US games not released here for NES and Virtual Boy over there. Things like that.

One thing of note, of those "20" collections, things such as N64 DD and Virtual Boy have a small number of games, but the value of a few of those titles is high.

I agree with Japanese Game Boy being nearly impossible to get, but think of it this way, there are TONS of collectors in Japan that we are unaware of, I am sure of it. I am not sure it could be a language barrier, but I am certain there are crazy collectors out there that have tons of games buried away somewhere, but are unbeknownst to us.

Some Japanese items are tough to get in some aspects, BUT think of this Adol, you don't know how hard it is to collect for American systems because you have not tried to collect for most of the bigger US systems. NES is easy to obtain IMO, there are only a few tougher titles out there worth big $$$. Complete and boxed NES is a bit tougher, as Stadium Events is a $$$$ box, and Myriad (unlicensed) is close to it.

No one has completed Game Boy yet to my knowledge. I believe I am the closest with complete/boxed GBC, nearly all of GBA (only missing new releases), and missing only 1 original Game Boy box in the US.

No one has completed Atari 2600 BOXED as far as I know. I don't plan on it, I wanted to get within 4-5 titles, and I am VERY close to doing this, but because there are blatant stupid things such as PAL Mangia boxed as an NTSC version where only 1 exists, as well as the BOMB games, there are too many games that are "suspect", and some that are nearly impossible to find boxes for (Music Machine, Malagai) and some that are impossible to find period (Gauntlet loose).

I am sure there are others that have completed Mega Drive, Mark III, Laseractive, N64, etc. The most impressive is Super Famicom (do you have all the Japanese games now?) because of the sheer number and fact it is a vaunted Nintendo system. I think complete PC Engine would be diffiuclt to get as well.

In any event, it is impressive not only that Adol has accomplished this, but he did it just by buying/selling.

Same goes on my end. I don't make a ton of money at my job, so I have to depend on buying/selling/trading in order to obtain the items I have trhese days.

I'm actually dealing a lot of Factory Sealed NES US Games,i know what you're talking about.
    But i can't be "everywhere"so i focus on what i LOVE and LIKE,not what "could be considered the hardest"

That's what i did back at the time on YJ yes,i sold,my old userid was ADOLFRANCE,and japanese people didn't like AT all at that time that i was winning all auctions,they told me that ui was "stealing japanese patrimony"

,i was just offering more money than them to japanese sellers,they should just be happy to get more money from foreigners,but since i was 1 of the first "gaijin" to do so,they were pissed off

There was even a website coalition against me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Adol View Post
    I don't know this X68000 game,sorry
    Alright, thanks though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can see why Japan-Games is questioning this.

We must underestimate the value of being one of few liasons between collector cultures in the East vs. the West.

I can say that you have to have a certain amount of money to do this. Working capitol as it were, just to maintain storage and living expenses. Large house- alot of space. Living at home would save alot of money. You probably can't have a family (at least at a few years back) and a full time job to spend so much time buying and selling.

Prices on most items have dropped in the last few years. Which makes me even more baffled as to how one could complete a Neo Geo collection in 2001- while completed a few other collections. Getting a complete collection, optimisitically had to cost $20k, perhaps more. OK, so you spent alot of money on that, but then you spent the same on SFC, PCE, etc?

No matter, congratulations on your collection. Quite a unique accomplishment, and I'm sure a product of sheer obsession. I do the completist thing, but perhaps I don't have the time, money, or resources to have such unique complete collections.

Oh yeah, one final comment. I suspect that France is (or was) a video game goldmine. They have alot of unique systems, alot of importing, and the best stuff coming massively in from Europe and Japan. Some of the guys I know from France come up with the weirdest and wildest stuff, and are more resourceful than anyone I know in the world with respect to video game collecting. Color me jealous!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Adol

Actually it's not true for the DC pal collection.There are some people who have the european factory sealed fullset.Ask to Cyberguile for example he's currently trying to get it and it seems he's doing it quite quickly.After all there was only 217 games on pal DC and a lot of shops have sold their stock at the end of the system mostly during sales...And even the games like Rez or Samba de amigo.So it was not difficult to buy them for cheap price at this time.And today you can always see a lot of pal DC factory sealed game on Ebay or Priceminister(a french website).Recently,with the bankruptcy of Acclaim there was a ton of new european DC games to sale...Definitively I don't think it's a very difficult set to complete and it's not a all at the same level of difficulty of a neogeo CD set FS
    And I also saw way more FF7 pal sealed than Brikinger or Sapphire sealed...I don't know which is the situation in Germany (I'm French)but on French forums or even in ebay you can see a lot of PS1 pal FS games.

Nevertheless I agree with the fact that today(and only today not in the 1995-2000 period),for example,getting a SNIN pal fullset is more difficult than the SFC fullset,because it's easier to find complete SFC games.
    Last edited by Karellen; 12-31-2006 at 12:36 PM.
    我はアルパなり、オメガなり、最先なり、最後なり、始めなり、終わりなり