Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i sell my wii and buy a 360?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Should i sell my wii and buy a 360?

Recently my wii is starting to collect dust. I finished zelda and there aren't any games that caught my attention. And the whole innovative controller thing, I dunno I just like a traditional controller in my hands. Another thing that disappointed me is the online system nintendo is going to use with the friend codes, I hated it with my nintendo ds so I'm probably going to hate it with my wii.

I'm kinda leaning towards a xbox360, I like the whole xbox live aspect with the arcade games and I'm hooked on playing dead or alive 4 online at my friends place. There's alot of games I would like to play like: Gears of war, Dead or Alive 4, Project gotham racing, Viva pinata, Saints row, Tomb Raider Legend and the list goes on.

I'm kinda a sony fanboy but the ps3 is a bit disappointing to me. And since the launch is nowhere near in Europe that one will stay of the list.

Can anyone talk some sense into me why I would stick to my wii? Or should i just dump it and get a xbox360.

I tried my best writing this, English isn't my native language so excuse my grammer

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

I too have found my Wii gathering dust. Thought the little console has such potential i find my self disinterested in it for many of the same reasons you do. Personally i love my 360 and as many of the DP memebers i've met on Live will tell you, the online experience simply cannot be matched.

I would strongly advise you to take a 360 over the PS3 and i make that suggestion simply because if you get a PS3 you're gonna find yourself right back where you were with the Wii.

Personally i wouldn't give up my Wii already as the system is still new, but if you really don't want it then 360 is the way to go.

It's good you can admit you're a fanboy. It's the first step towards recovery.

Oh and you're grammer is no worse then mine and i only speak english. So well done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

No, keep the Wii, just wait, there will be more games, don't just give it up like that. Just give it a chance to grow on you. And if necessary just buy a 360 in addition to the Wii.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You're probably going to buy the Wii again if you get rid of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Personally, I would keep the Wii. Good games are (obviously) coming this year. The new Smash Bros. has the potential to be one the greatest fighting games ever made...just as long as they don't do this whole "friend code" bullshit. Nintendo isn't really going to screw things up like that, are they?

If it must be a "one or the other" type situation...go with the 360. It's really no contest.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

The Wii will be a lot like the DS... slow goings for the first six months or so, then the floodgates will open. You know you'll end up buying it again, so you might as well hang onto it.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

let's see: Wii....boring Zelda
    360...DOA Xtreme 2 with horny looking babes

clear choice

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    let's see: Wii....boring Zelda
    360...DOA Xtreme 2 with horny looking babes

clear choice
    Yeah, but the choice there is "Holy shit, get a girlfriend and get over it, loser". Hookers are more expensive than either system and don't last as long. Unless you have an early 360. Then they last about the same length.

That's really the catch, isn't it? When someone says "I want to play a DOA game at a friends house", it's basically code for "I want to watch my pal hold something long and hard". So keep the Wii, buy a second remote. Problem solved, sailor.

If you're actually looking for games, you're not going to find a whole lot for any next-gen system right now. What you have is potential, and what you need to decide is how much potential the Wii has a few months after release, and how much the 360 has an entire year after release.

My advice? Keep the Wii and save up for the 360 too. By the time you have enough for one, it might actually have something worthwhile. Live Arcade and the homebrew stuff that's in the pipe are great things, but neither have anything serious yet. Who knows, they might actually get a real game eventually too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poieo View Post
    That's really the catch, isn't it? When someone says "I want to play a DOA game at a friends house", it's basically code for "I want to watch my pal hold something long and hard". So keep the Wii, buy a second remote. Problem solved, sailor.
    I actually have a nice girlfriend I'm really into fighting games and a huge king of fighters addict, so i don't play dead or alive 4 to watch e-boobs it's actually a good fighting game

And i already bought wii play which comes with a second wiimote. Wii sports is really fun to play with a couple of friends. But i'd like some more games in my favorite genres and i don't think they will come out nice with the new controller. But time will tell.

I just put my wii up on an auction site to see what i can get for it and i already got an offer on everything the same price i got it. So i think i will get a xbox 360 and buy a wii again in the long run maybe it will be cheaper then.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't understand how after 5 weeks of being on the market, you would contemplate selling the Wii. Way to give the console a little bit of time there!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjackcsa View Post
    I can't understand how after 5 weeks of being on the market, you would contemplate selling the Wii. Way to give the console a little bit of time there!
    Well think about it this way. If you had just spent $249.99 on a system you thought you'd play a lot but is simply gathering dust wouldn't you kind of want to reinvest those funds in to something that's out now that you know you'll have fun with and then maybe later go back for more?

If i wasn't a collector i know my Wii would be gone already. Just isn't anything here now or in the near future that makes me want to play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njiska View Post
    Well think about it this way. If you had just spent $249.99 on a system you thought you'd play a lot but is simply gathering dust wouldn't you kind of want to reinvest those funds in to something that's out now that you know you'll have fun with and then maybe later go back for more?

If i wasn't a collector i know my Wii would be gone already. Just isn't anything here now or in the near future that makes me want to play it.
    I couldn't have said it better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First off, your grammer in English is just fine. I live in Texas and you surpass many of the people here. If you hadn't told me, I would have belived you to be American.

When it comes to gaming, do what I do: Buy both! Everything I have ever sold, I have regrets about and eventualy buy back. Keep the Wii as selling a new system is a money loss. Save your investment, continue with your hobby, and purchase a 360.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by insinion View Post
    I actually have a nice girlfriend I'm really into fighting games and a huge king of fighters addict, so i don't play dead or alive 4 to watch e-boobs it's actually a good fighting game
    Yeah, we already established that you're not into it for the scantily-clad females.

Besides that, the 360 still isn't a fighter machine yet. I'd hope you already have a PS2 and/or Xbox1, because if not, either one of those would make far more sense to buy than a 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    First off, your grammer in English is just fine. I live in Texas and you surpass many of the people here. If you hadn't told me, I would have belived you to be American.
    Showing a good grasp of English grammer is the tipoff there.
    Last edited by poieo; 12-29-2006 at 08:45 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by poieo View Post
    Yeah, we already established that you're not into it for the scantily-clad females.

Besides that, the 360 still isn't a fighter machine yet. I'd hope you already have a PS2 and/or Xbox1, because if not, either one of those would make far more sense to buy than a 360.
    Um have you heard of VF5? If you like fighters that's reason enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When it comes to gaming, do what I do: Buy both! Everything I have ever sold, I have regrets about and eventualy buy back. Keep the Wii as selling a new system is a money loss. Save your investment, continue with your hobby, and purchase a 360.
    The thing is, i recently got a room for myself. So no more living on mommy's expenses. I have to pay rent and stuff and i don't have a whole lot of money untill i get a better job. When i still lived with my parents i could have easily bought both but now that's out of the question.

edit:
    Yes i have a ps2 and a whole lot of more "old" consoles and the ultimate money sucking fighter console the neo geo AES
    Last edited by insinion; 12-29-2006 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by insinion View Post
    The thing is, i recently got a room for myself. So no more living on mommy's expenses. I have to pay rent and stuff and i don't have a whole lot of money untill i get a better job.
    Try having a wife (who hates games), two kids (who tear them up) AND rent...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try having a wife (who hates games), two kids (who tear them up) AND rent...
    ok ok you win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm just the opposite. ExciteTruck and Zelda have owned me this whole time, and I'm looking very forward to finishing Rayman and Elebits once I finally put Zedla down.

I was going to get a 360...but I just can't bring myself to buy it. Not with all the problems their still having, plus as much as I want to get Gears of War...I'm just having too much fun with the Wii. Burnout 5 may change this, but probably not.

I'm not even remotely interested in the PS3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I've got both, I enjoy them both equally.. But the 360 has the edge in certian areas.

-Graphics (duh!)
    -the whole online deal.
    -The fact that you can creat a profile. Then you can use that profile in all of your games. Nintendo could've pulled off something similar, with the "Mii" idea, but they didn't.
    -Games are oriented more towards adults.