Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Finished Kirby Squeak Squad.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

Have been sucked into WoW the last few months; good news is I've broken away from that game. Havent updated this list since page 12.

*New games conquered are in bold.*

3/28 - Castlevania Portrait of Ruin (normal complete) (NDS)
    3/28 - Super Mario Strikers (cups complete, milestones reached, cheats unlocked) (GCN)
    3/29 - Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories (PS2)
    4/9 - Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories (PS2)
    4/14 - Mario & Luigi Partners in Time (NDS)
    5/1 - Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Tales (NDS)
    5/3 - Paper Mario Thousand Year Door (GCN)
    6/19 - Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zur Macht (PS2)
    7/23 - Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)
    7/28 - New Super Mario Bros. (DS)

9/2 - Wario Ware Smooth Moves (Wii) (all minigames played, all stories, game spots on solo and multi maps opened)

9/24 - Clock Tower 3 (PS2)
    Last edited by incubus421; 09-24-2007 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

#36 - Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)

Castle design was a bit disappointing after how amazingly well done Aria was, but the soul fusion thingy for weapons was cool as hell. Touch screen gimmick really hurts the game, unfortunately. The whole sealing concept is terribly tacked on and the rare times where you have to erase blocks to move on are more annoying than anything. The only time where the touchscreen was used well was when you were doing the room-rearranging puzzle.

Well, being able to tap on the point to teleport to was also pretty neat.

#37 - Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)

Massive disappointment. Basic, overly linear level designs with a grind-happy focus (unless you wanted seriously drawn out boss fights on par with Circle of the Moon) in addition to a fairly weaksauce quest system. Wonderful graphics and the bonus dungeon that you can unlock to fight bosses from previous games completely rocked, but good lord was the rest a damn hollow shell of the previous two games.

Actually, the game had a lot in common with Circle of the Moon. Sad.

So my rankings for the GBA/NDS Castlevania games would go:

Aria of Sorrow > Dawn of Sorrow > Portrait of Ruin > Circle of the Moon > Harmony of Dissonance

...with a fairly sizable gap between Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

I finally got a city going on Sim City 4 without using cheats. I have always sucked at those games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Games Beaten in 2007?

Well, there is a big difference between beating a particular game and beating the crap out of it. In my case I always strive to do the latter. Just beating games isn't nearly enough, especially if I've got a score to settle. I strive to to make each game experience absolute humiliation, but fortunately for games, they have no feelings lol.

I often go out of my way to thoroughly dominate the games that have given people so many problems. So you can call me the classic video game hit man, but without pay. I clean up the classic gaming streets for free.

2007 has been a highly inspirational and overall awesome year thus far. I had stopped gaming competitively for nearly an entire year before making an unexpected comeback in April. A chance meeting with FAQ writer extraordinaire Brian Sulpher, gave me new gaming life. Since then, I haven't looked back and have been taking on some of the most frustrating challenges, in order to prove that virtually anything is possible. Here is a quick list of the games that have been taken to school thus far:

Bad Street Brawler (NES)
    1.Finished without dying

Godzilla (NES)
    1.All in one shot (same play-through) without dying in just over two hours and a half of playing time [what a bore lol!]

Gun.Smoke (NES)
    1.Without ever buying any items without dying

2.Without ever picking up/using any items, except for the Wanted posters of course and bags of money the odd time or two, while using five continues.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (NES)
    -Finished without dying while using the warp found in Wave 1 that takes Indy to Wave 7, if he enters the appropriate door.

Last Action Hero (NES)
    1.Finished without dying

NARC (NES)
    1.Finished without dying and had gotten up to the second last level while only being hit twice

Power Punch II (NES)
    1.All in one shot (same play-through) with a 13-0 13KO record with all first round victories and without ever getting knocked down

2.Finished with a maximum Final Rating of 200 with a 13-0 13KO record (my greatest feat in this game by far, since it is extremely difficult to have a perfect fight against Fly-Mo to reach 200. It would be much easier to lose some fights earlier on and beat certain opponents twice, in order to double up on points.

+more individual fight wins and the like

The Punisher (NES)
    1.Beat Kingpin with the supergun without dying (this weapon considerably slows down Frank Castle's foot speed, but is extremely powerful and can destroy Kingpin in the least amount of time)

Renegade (NES)
    1.Finished on difficulty Level-3 without dying (I definitely got lucky with this one lol!)

Rocky (Sega Master System)
    1.Finished in about four minutes with all wins coming by way of TKO in the first round

2.Finished while skipping all of the training sessions, while still managing to beat all of the opponents in the first round

3.Finished game with a 0% Rocky (chose to train, but did not throw any punches, this is worse than skipping training altogher oddly enough)

+more individual fight wins and the like

Street Fighter 2010 The Final Fight (NES)
    1.Finished without dying in less than twenty-five minutes

2.Finished without dying without ever technically using any items (a full energy capsule was accidentally picked up near the end, but Ken did not make use of it, as he would have still had an energy unit remaining had he not picked up the item)

The Terminator (NES)
    1.Finished without dying

Terminator 2 Judgment Day (NES)
    1.Finished without dying

I am currently trying to clean up the boxing scene on the classic systems. Riddick Bowe Boxing and Foreman For Real for the Super Nintendo are currently next in line, since no one seems to want to play them lol.

A lot of the gaming footage that I have recorded on VHS has already been posted, or will soon be posted, on Youtube if all goes well. shincyriades has been uploading them and we are working together to provide the gaming public with inspirational videos that prove that if one truly believes in his or her self, is patient enough and has the desire to succeed, then just about anything can be achieved.

shincyriades is also going to be trying his hand at various Neo Geo games, so fans of that particular system might want to check out those videos once they are up.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I don't remember what I finished earlier this year, but in the past month finished off 2 NES classics: Metroid and Faxanadu.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does T2 on NES have that impossible truck level like it does in the arcade? I can't imagine someone beating that level w/o dying, in fact I don't think I've ever beaten that level (although I'm not very good at games).
    Nate

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last night I beat Winback for the PS2. Also within the last few weeks I've beaten Kingdom Hearts 2, The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. I'm not sure if I posted the later two in this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

#38 - Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Gamecube)

Some of the Sonic and Shadow levels were pretty cool, but everything else was fairly subpar (especially the tedious Rogue and Knuckles stages). Shame they didn't bother to fix up the camera at all for the Gamecube release, but at least they didn't botch anything that worked in the process of porting it.

No way in hell will I go back for all 180 Sonic Medallions. I'm done with the game once and for all. Let's hope Sonic Heroes pans out better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I forgot, earlier this week I beat Felix the Cat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just beat Shining Force III! Decent enough game, but DAMN I get enough political intrigue crap playing every other tactical RPG... give me the good ole straight-fantasy story from SF1 & 2 anyday.

Fun battles, though! Some real clever stuff. The optional characters were significantly harder to find than in SF1 and 2, I actually didn't get a single one of them =/ I ran into 2 of them but couldn't figure out how to get them in my party. Oh well, I still finished the last battle with just the mercenaries

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

13th game beat on the year:

- 9/30 Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Starts out slow, up until just past your first visit to the Forsaken Fortress. Had to get this game done before Phantom Hourglass' arrival. Actually enjoyed most aspects of this game, a good play for any fan of the series. Upon conquering this game I actually find my self even more pumped for Phantom Hourglass.

Insert Coin (Level 0) The Jack Of Hearts's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

January
    Jan 10th- Finished Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA) &
    Street Fighter Alpha Anthology (PS2)
    Jan 28th- Finished Super Mario 64 for (V.C.)

Febeuary
    Feb 6th- Finished Tekken 3 (PS1) &
    Killer Instinct
    Feb 7th- Finished Castlevania Bloodlines (GEN)
    Feb 12th- Finished Kirby's Adventure (V.C.)

March
    Mar 18th- Finished Pokemon Emerald (GBA)
    Mar 22nd- Finished Naruto Clash Of Ninja 2 (NGC)

April
    Apr 4th- Finished Elite Beat Agents (DS)

May
    May 10th- finished Pokemon Diamond (DS)

June
    June 30th- Finished Street Fighter Anniversary Edition (PS2)

July
    Jul 3rd- Finished Gears Of War
    Jul 28th- Finished Kingdom Hearts 2

August
    Aug 9th- Finished Castlevania Sympjony Of The Night
    August 12th- Finished Wii Sports

September
    Sep 1st- Finished Halo (XBOX)
    Sep 8th- Finished Pokemon Pearl (DS) &
    Kirby's Canvas Curse (DS)
    Sep 18th- Marvel Vs. Capcom (PS1)

I've still got three months left until 2008 arrives so, I have some work to do .
    Last edited by The Jack Of Hearts; 09-30-2007 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played Oddworld: Abes Exxodus for like ten hours yesterday, then for about two hours today and finished it, I saves 211 mudokans and im currently working on finding the other 89 Mudokans so I can get the other ending.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

9. Picross (DS) - I beat all the puzzles on normal so I'm now working on the free mode ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

#39 - Half-Life: Source (PC)

It's Half-Life, but with snazzy modern Source engine effects (like super nice water, neato lighting, havok physic engine, etc). I used a mod to incorporate the models from the PS2 version to make it the prettiest version of Half-Life yet released (though I'm sure Black Mesa Source will own all if it's ever released). Still a fun game nearly a decade after release, though it obviously has drawbacks compared to modern games.

God, 1998 rocked.

Oh well, Half-Life 2 (PC) is next!
    (again)

Fucking Gamestop
    Last edited by roushimsx; 10-03-2007 at 10:04 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Once again, I am rebeating games that I have already conquered. Stuff I haven't played in a long time, though.

Beat these games over the past couple of days.

-Fatal Fury 2 for Super NES: Used Terry Bogard the entire game and this is the first time I have beaten it since 2000. I played it tonight on my DreamSNES emulator. Since I had not played it in so long, I kept the difficulty fairly low

-Street Fighter II: World Warrior for Super NES: Another game I played tonight on DreamSNES (DC). This is one I had not beaten since 2001, which happened to be the last time I played it. I used Ryu all game long, big surprise, and did not lose a single match. Kept the difficulty level down on this one, too. The version I played was actually a hack/patch which had a bunch of cheap glitches like lightning fast hurricane kicks, Guile Sonic Booms that required no charging, fireballs that could not even be blocked, etc. But otherwise, it was the same as the SNES version.

-Resident Evil: Director's Cut for Playstation 1: Beat it using Jill and received the worst possible ending in which only Jill is sitting in the chopper (D'oh!). It is the first time I had beaten it since 2000, though, when I was living on campus. I actually did not remember all of the things I needed to do to beat it, such as rescuing/saving my teammates and I was too proud to consult a walkthrough on GameFAQ's. I knew I was in trouble when Tyrant never came out for a rematch after the first time I smoked him in the lab. Next time, I want to get the best possible ending because the one I got SUCKED!
    Last edited by bangtango; 10-02-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This week; Oddworld: Abes Exxodus for the Playstation. Next I'm going to start either Disgaea 2, or Fable, I'm not sure yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just remembered, then checked to make sure I didnt already add it to this thread, but I beat Donkey Kong Country 3 for the Game Boy Advance earlier this week. I'm gonna have to check this thread to see how many game's I've beaten this year, because I was keeping track.