Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: It's hard for me to fathom the Wii being viable for more than 3 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    They are going to stick to Sonic titles and maybe some mini-game collections and that will be the end of it.
    There's a link missing in your reasoning. Can you identify it?

[Jeopardy! theme here]

Okay, so we go from "hey it's easy to make shovelware on the Wii and they'll do that as long as it works" -> "that will be the end of it." It will? O rly? How about they just incrementally move their production values up at the time (assuming it ever comes) when the channel gets saturated and people get sick of the "shovelware" (this is assuming these games are bad; I think it's more a question of the games not being to the taste of longtime gamers and couch potatoes).

Anyway, the point is that as long as people are happy buying the stuff, and it's not harming their health, I don't mind. But I don't see that developers are suddenly going to abandon the Wii with its lowered production costs for the huge consoles just because expectations are raised a wee bit.

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Well, the Wii having unique control types is the reason why it doesn't have better graphics, but it's old technology as it's nothing more than the GC+Powerglove x 1.5 at a price of 249.99.
    Dang son, get ahold on yourself.

The Wii doesn't have better graphics because Nintendo execs made a conscious cost decision. Has nothing to do with the control system - the control system could exist and perform just as well (better actually) on the other consoles. Also, if you put together a GameCube and a Powerglove you still don't have motion sensing nunchaku, now do ya.
    Last edited by Ed Oscuro; 05-10-2009 at 05:24 AM.