Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does ebay remove feedback from Non paying bidders?

Strawberry (Level 2) tornadostormxl's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Does ebay remove feedback from Non paying bidders?

If they do how long does it take?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by stonic; 05-02-2010 at 06:03 PM.
    [SIZE="4"]<< INSERT MESETA FOR SIGNATURE >>[/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stonic View Post
    No. The only way to remove feedback is via SquareTrade (at $30 a pop).
    No, that's not right at all. If you file an Unpaid Item Dispute and the buyer does not respond at all (7 days), once you close it, the buyer cannot leave you any feedback of any kind. He can technically leave it, but it will be immediately removed and not count against you. This will also remove previous negative feedback the buyer left, if left before the UID was closed without his response. If the buyer DOES respond, the feedback will stand.
    ________
    Avandia Death
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    No, that's not right at all. If you file an Unpaid Item Dispute and the buyer does not respond at all (7 days), once you close it, the buyer cannot leave you any feedback of any kind. He can technically leave it, but it will be immediately removed and not count against you. This will also remove previous negative feedback the buyer left, if left before the UID was closed without his response. If the buyer DOES respond, the feedback will stand.
    yes this is true.

However, to avoid any possible retalitation, i just leave them a positive fb saying that they never paid. then they have absolutely no reason to retaliate and my fb as a seller remains perfect.
    It is pitch black. If you continue you are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So if he does respond it will stand. Well that isnt fair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tornadostormxl View Post
    So if he does respond it will stand. Well that isnt fair
    Actually, it's as fair as the system can get. Imagine what would happen, using your "fair" rules, if a seller received a deserved neg from a buyer. All he would have to do is file an Unpaid Item Dispute, the buyer would respond "hey, I paid," and the negative left would be removed. That's not fair either, and a much worse outcome.

The feedback system is still flawed and a necessary evil, but I do like that rule.

Quote Originally Posted by dracula
    However, to avoid any possible retalitation, i just leave them a positive fb saying that they never paid. then they have absolutely no reason to retaliate and my fb as a seller remains perfect.
    I do the exact opposite. I *like* leaving deserved negs and filling out UIDs for non-paying bidders. It brings them one step closer to account suspension and also warns other sellers about a potentially problem bidder. Retaliation feedback for unpaid items is actually rarer than most people think, and if it happens, so be it. If a user can't handle a few negs, deserved or not, they really shouldn't be on ebay in the first place.
    ________
    LovelyWendie99
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So if i contact ebay. Any chance they could remove it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So if i contact ebay. Any chance they could remove it?
    Not unless the feedback itself violates ebay rules, such as threatening a lawsuit or saying something like "police are on their way", showing your personal contact info (phone number, address, etc), or if it was left a few minutes after the auction ended (auction won solely to leave negative feedback). If it's just a ridiculous neg left by an impatient/stupid buyer, ebay won't even respond to your message.
    ________
    Chevrolet Colorado Specifications

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by stonic; 05-02-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most of the people I've left neg fb for (for legit reasons, like not paying or sending items) only turned around and left me a negative as retaliation (so I doubt it's as rare as you think)
    I've left dozens of negative feedbacks for non-paying bidders, and other assorted assholes and have only received 3 negs in return. Sounds to me like you've been unlucky.
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This guy has told me if i leave him a neg he will return one to me. What should i do?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just neg him, and take a neg back. it really isn't a huge deal. I never know quite what to think about a seller (or buyer) with 100+ deals, and no negs. I mean, it's cool and all, but one or two negs just makes me think "hey, this is a real person."

Obviously, it matters what the neg says. But usually, if the person responds to the neg, it doesn't bother me as a buyer. I dunno, I probably wouldn't worry about it to much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fortunately I haven't encountered that situation myself, yet, on either side of the proverbial fence.

I have a few suggestions... but someone here may have the answer.

Enter "retaliatory feedback" in eBay help. The info you want is the SECOND suggested item there, when I just looked.

Export the eBay message from the offender to your email. If you already have a copy in your email you can forward it to eBay (with headers) when they want it. And they WILL want it.

You can also tell eBay to look at your messages regarding that member when you make a report... I've filed disputes and haven't had to submit information so I believe they DO have access.

You can go to eBay's ANSWER CENTER... click on COMMUNITY at the top of your MY EBAY page and scroll down the left side. Then post your query with any PERTINENT information. You do NOT need to mention the other eBay member's name, NOR the item number. You WILL get a reply, and solid answers for a course of action. Also, if you ask for a direct link you may not have to search for it yourself.

I hope this helps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most of the people I've left neg fb for (for legit reasons, like not paying or sending items) only turned around and left me a negative as retaliation (so I doubt it's as rare as you think).
    I was only referring to retaliatory feedback from non-paying bidders. Yes, retaliation feedback from misc losers is frequent. The problem with most NBP is that they bid and are never heard from again.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadostormxl
    This guy has told me if i leave him a neg he will return one to me. What should i do?
    I don't understand non-paying bidders who communicate. If he's there and emailing you, why didn't he/won't he pay for the item? I need more information before I can consider advice.

I think I have found an excellent way to totally eliminate non-paying bidders, and it's something I have been unwilling to do for some time -- I now require all bidders to have a Paypal account.

November was a terrible month for me regarding NPBs and the last straw (~325 items sold, 30 NPB). I decided to finally force all bidders to have a Paypal account and the results have been amazing. In December, I sold ~400 items and only ONE person hasn't paid yet. People can still pay with checks/money orders, but they have to simply own a Paypal account. Apparently this stipulation weeds away all casual buyers and all 14-year-olds just playing on ebay. As much as I hate Paypal and dealing with them, I don't see myself going back.

I don't think this method is for everyone, but if you're having serious problems with NBPs, it's something to consider.
    ________
    Ipad accessories

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by stonic; 05-02-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well he told me that he accidently clicked the buy it now icon. He said the reason why i should not neg him is because he said he is sorry and he will neg me back. Also he doesnt have paypal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

Quote Originally Posted by dracula View Post
    Doesn't this sort of defeat the purpose of a feedback rating?

PSN: SouthRox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've tried complaining to Ebay over retaliatory fb several times with no effect (hell, they usually don't even bother responding. Maybe b/c I'm not a power seller and thus not 'important' enough? I dunno...).
    Nah, that's not it. Ebay doesn't respond to just about any feedback email, unless it's something that obviously needs to be removed. It has nothing to do with being a Power Seller. The PS program is the biggest hunk of crap. I was a silver PS for two years and it didn't benefit me one bit. All it did was get me ten times more ebay spam. I eventually cancelled and I will stay that way until they make the program worth joining.

And I've considered using Paypal as a payment option for bidders but I've heard some horror stories about people abusing that as well (chargebacks, unauthorized withdrawals, PP freezing accounts, etc.).
    That is true, but accepting Paypal will also raise bids, because that is how a wide majority of people pay. If you are happy with your current auction values, there's no reason to use Paypal. I use it because I am willing to risk getting more money up front and dealing with each potential problem as it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadostormxl
    well he told me that he accidently clicked the buy it now icon.
    When people say this, it's total BS. Did he also "accidentally" confirm his purchase on the next screen? Clicking one wrong button I can see; two on two different screens is just a lie. He probably found the item cheaper somewhere else and is trying to get out of paying. Your situation sucks, and I'm glad that hasn't happened to me in a while. I personally would leave the neg and hope for the best, but I would understand if you just wanted to give him an unpaid item strike, get your fees back, and move on.
    ________
    HIGH &AMP; LOW BLOOD PRESSURE FORUMS
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would i get all my fees back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would i get all my fees back?
    If you've closed the unpaid item dispute and given him a strike, you've already gotten your final value fees refunded. Once you relist your item (assuming it sells), you will get the relisted item's listing fees refunded as well.
    ________
    Paoli
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:44 PM.