Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: CONFIRMED! 'Limited Edition' ELITE Xbox360 bundle: Black console, HDMI, 120GB HDD

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by downfall View Post
    People are mad because they spent $400+ on a NEXT GEN video game system and the only way that they can get a new one with the new features without going through the extremely time-consuming and uncertain process that Anthony1 posted is to drop another $400+.

I'm personally not mad - I waited, because I wanted to see how things shook out - but I think it's especially shitty if Microsoft doesn't throw a bone to the people that made their system a success - and at this point, it doesn't look like they will.
    And why would they? They've already got our money, and they will continue to take it when we renew our Live subscriptions. Call me blind, but I honestly don't see what MS could gain by doing this other than the publicity of a hardware "release."

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/29/ne...-with-content/

Lots of content on the new drive, it seems.

Also, GameStop is already pushing the system with their weekly newsletter, hoping pre-orders will line up.

RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Still waiting for the 65nm die process chips on this one. It looks nice and the features are good, but if I get a 360 it at least better be quieter and cooler than the old one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been watching this thread and reading some articles including the interview in EGM. Truthfully I believe MS already had plans to do this and was awaiting the PS3 launch to see what they could do, then come out with their new hardware. It may sound silly but why produce what was more expensive a year or so ago at that higher price before getting a user base. It'd be typical MS, just like when they want people to go over to Vista they'll cut off XP/2k/ME support, then companies will hault tech support, ect. It's one big game and MS doesn't want Sony to enter other markets, same with Apple... One big game Mr. Softy, one big game.

[Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by downfall View Post
    People are mad because they spent $400+ on a NEXT GEN video game system and the only way that they can get a new one with the new features without going through the extremely time-consuming and uncertain process that Anthony1 posted is to drop another $400+.
    It has one new feature. ONE. The hard drive is sold seperately. The 360 can do everything via its current video ports. The highest resolution it supports, 1080p, can be done with both component or VGA. It also upscales standard discs.

You don't need the HDMI port. At all. Unless you're a mega videophile or audiophile, this upgrade is rather pointless for you. They're not screwing anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post
    It has one new feature. ONE. The hard drive is sold seperately. The 360 can do everything via its current video ports. The highest resolution it supports, 1080p, can be done with both component or VGA. It also upscales standard discs.

You don't need the HDMI port. At all. Unless you're a mega videophile or audiophile, this upgrade is rather pointless for you. They're not screwing anyone.
    That said, there are many 1080p HDTVs out there that don't accept 1080p over component and don't have any kind of VGA port (like plenty of Sharp Aquos sets out there).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont see the point, sony is lagging behind, and now would be the perfect time for ms to put more distance between sony and themselves with a lower price point on current hardware.

releasing this just keeps the door open and gives sony more time to catch up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roxxybaby

Where be my pink 360?

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smashy View Post
    That said, there are many 1080p HDTVs out there that don't accept 1080p over component and don't have any kind of VGA port (like plenty of Sharp Aquos sets out there).
    You can't take that out on Microsoft though. If it's a feature you wanted, then you need to check this stuff before you buy the TV.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roxybaby View Post
    Where be my pink 360?
    That will be in the 2nd wave of "Color Designs" 360 series, right after leopard print.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Well, this is cool I guess for the high end gamers who dont own a 360 yet(how many are left?). I have to agree with chrisbid and Like I have said before, MS needs to focus on the core value gamers in the 300+ range. Upgrades are a part of the usual business cycle. For the first time in a long time(since the saturn, 3DO, and Neo Geo) we are seeing multiple systems priced above the 300 dollar range. I just hope that MS does not forget about all the little people who dont have lots of money to burn on a new console. One thing is for certain, this definately makes me want to buy a Wii more, considering it like 230 dollars less and in a more reasonable ballpark of spending for me(on a new system). I still stand behind this being a bad market move for them. The $179 for a new drive is pretty steep, I dont think I see this selling well for them either. Looks like my 20 gig hard drive on my system is looking better all the time. Looks like MS is still learning the hard way.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post
    I agree with this assessment.

So the real point of griping is either not getting that sexy black system or the larger hard drive cost.

I do have to wonder how many would actually be able to use the HDMI port to its full potential anyway...

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz