Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CONFIRMED! 'Limited Edition' ELITE Xbox360 bundle: Black console, HDMI, 120GB HDD

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

While I see where MS could be going with this, I firmly believe that they would not completely leave their customers out in the cold on this one. They have already told us that the games will not move to anything other than DVDs, and I highly doubt that developers would start making games on hd-dvds if there were such a small numbers of existing consoles on which the games would play. The games still fit perfectly well in ~ 8 GB and with improving compression algorithms, they can use that space more and more effectively. Plus, they can use more than one disc, we have the technology. I don't understand why people don't use more than one disc anymore. It worked fine in the PSX days, hell it even worked fine for the Cube and RE4. It's not like back in the day when we had to switch sides of disks between each level. We're talking about a switch once or twice in a 20+ hour game, who cares? Have we really gotten that lazy?

Honestly, the only thing I'd want out of the revision would be that bigger HDD. I don't give a crap about the HDMI, 1080i is fine for me, I can live quite easily with a white system and I can live without an HD-DVD player. I'm still running the thing on a little 14" JVC tv that outputs a great component signal and probably will be for the next year and a half until I move out.

For my purposes right now, my 360 does the job just fine and I don't regret the purchase one bit. All depends on your taste.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I read this and it is the April issue isn't it? I don't know, there's a huge joke section and such in that GI...but I don't know what to believe anymore
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Blatt
    PSN
    AGBulls

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    Read the article. It is an obvious April Fools joke. In fact, when you look at the picture you can tell it is photoshoped---and poorly at that. If it was true this would have been Game Informer's cover article, no doubt.

Edit: I just read the entire Kotaku article. Ignore everything I just said
    Parallel universe. Bush, destitute, joins army.

Check out my Gaming Comic: www.GreeneSide.com

Insert Coin (Level 0) NickmasterX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

120 Gig HD, nice. Looks kinda ugly though. I'll probably just wait for the price to drop on the white one and get that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This might be the final straw in me getting a 360, after much back and forth tug of war with me getting one or not. And, a black one? Mmmm, I can't wait.
    I am teh winnar of the internet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it is true then I at least hope the price stays the same. If they lower the price of it and then lower the price of the current premium I am going to be very unhappy with 2 units in my store.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

who the fuck needs 120 gigs of space??!!!! I think I could download every xbox arcade game out right now and not fill my hard drive up. Thats including a handful of albums of music ripped on there

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by PallarAndersVisa View Post
    who the fuck needs 120 gigs of space??!!!! I think I could download every xbox arcade game out right now and not fill my hard drive up. Thats including a handful of albums of music ripped on there
    HD movies, trailers TV shows, demos etc. I'm constantly deleting stuff to make more room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by PallarAndersVisa View Post
    who the fuck needs 120 gigs of space??!!!!
    Me.

Like I've mentioned previously in this thread...I wonder how we'll be able to transfer saves (and other saved items) to the new 120 gig HD. How will Microsoft handle the "paid for" XBLA content of users who upgrade to a new HD?
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hm.. no one complained about the $479 pricetag yet? Wierd.. when PS3 came out for $499 it was amazingly much complaining and screaming due to the high price. This model doesnt even have a HD player nor build-in Wifi (?) and the price is only like $20 different. C'mon people, start the complaining! hehe :P

Seriously tho, this is good news. As mentioned, now you can get HD movies for download throught Xbox Live so more space is definitly needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    Hm.. no one complained about the $479 pricetag yet? Wierd.. when PS3 came out for $499 it was amazingly much complaining and screaming due to the high price. This model doesnt even have a HD player nor build-in Wifi (?) and the price is only like $20 different. C'mon people, start the complaining! hehe :P

Seriously tho, this is good news. As mentioned, now you can get HD movies for download throught Xbox Live so more space is definitly needed
    As far as I'm concerned, ps3's are $600, not $500. Not only because the higher end model is the one you're going to want, but in my area, you can't find the 20 gig models.
    I am teh winnar of the internet.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post

So you're comparing a 20gb HD against a 120gb HD, composite (not even component) cables against an HDMI cable, and neither contains Wifi. So aside from blu-ray (which I know is expensive) you get less for the extra $20.

EDIT: as for the reality of this, I'm pissed if it is true (and it's too big an annoucement to leave to anyone but MS themselves). I've been a hardcore supporter of the 360 and I'll be quite upset when the press release comes along and there's no "Fear not early adopters!" paragraph. Shit, I even bought a core at launch because it was all I could find and ended up being out another $50 on top of the HDD for the component cables and headset. And I have the HD-DVD drive.

I better get this thing damn near for free and I need it, as my component inputs are really starting to look like total shit and my HDMI port is empty.
    Last edited by hezeuschrist; 03-20-2007 at 05:37 PM.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 64Bits View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, ps3's are $600, not $500. Not only because the higher end model is the one you're going to want, but in my area, you can't find the 20 gig models.
    Still, people are also complaining about the $499 as well as the $599 price. Its not just because of the price, its because its Sony, which is for some reasons very popular to hate right now :P

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Me.

Like I've mentioned previously in this thread...I wonder how we'll be able to transfer saves (and other saved items) to the new 120 gig HD. How will Microsoft handle the "paid for" XBLA content of users who upgrade to a new HD?
    When I went from my memory card to the 20gb HD I just redownloaded everything...granted it was 56mb worth of stuff, but even w/ the 20 GB (really 12 GB) filled to capacity you could probably re-download everything in a day or two. The only thing I'd worry about is game saves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

No one has yet to mention - will these new 360's have the new 65nm chips and hopefully, smaller power supply?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist View Post
    So you're comparing a 20gb HD against a 120gb HD, composite (not even component) cables against an HDMI cable, and neither contains Wifi. So aside from blu-ray (which I know is expensive) you get less for the extra $20.
    Hehe, i knew this was comming But here i can use the excuses like "i dont need 120gb" contra the "i dont need a BR player" hehe, but i wont. What i said was abit ironic, i hope people realized that.

If you count number if items you get less indeed, but i'd rather look at the value instead. 100GB more space + a HDMI cable, same value as a BR player? You tell me. I have no idea which HDMI cable they include, but you can get HDMI cables for under $10. Alittle more tricky about the HDD price. Its a special HDD so dont know what to compare it too. About WiFi, i see now that only the 60GB model has it so i learned something new today also

Anyway, my point still stand, people who complains about the PS3 pricetag should have problem complaining about this 360 pricetag too hehe
    Last edited by jajaja; 03-20-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Will the 120gb hard drive be sold seperately? Thats all I care about.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnysdad View Post
    Will the 120gb hard drive be sold seperately? Thats all I care about.
    Should be. Read that the price will be about $200.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Part of me is sort of pissed that I already have a 360 and I know there won't be a program in place to ease the pain caused by the existence of a better model so soon after its debut, but I'll live. The reality of the situation is that I don't need all these crappy HD movie trailers to keep until the end of time and there certainly aren't enough great games on XBLA that are of ungodly file sizes to clog up a 20 gig hard drive. It would be nice to have that extra component slot freed up on my receiver, but it's not worth taking the loss on trading my current setup and paying the difference. Either way, the great, absolutely must-have games (for me) aren't coming until this summer at the earliest, and no 120GB hard drive or HDMI is going to change that.