Thread: need, help/advice, what am i doing wrong with these nes/snes listings?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default need, help/advice, what am i doing wrong with these nes/snes listings?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZins..._in_usaQQhtZ-1

i am getting loads of bids and watchers on all of the newer(ps2/xbx/psp/ds) auctions, but almost nothing on the snes/nes auctions. And many are complete. Tho the ys V expert did sell within hours of listing it, and the buyer paid a ton($85) but other than that, nothing.

I paid a crapload of fees, and it took like 5 hours to list everything, it looks like i may have to relist all of the older nes/snes games if these dont sell. or i will just do lots, or just keep most of them. It isnt like i put the starting bids high or anything(i dont think?) Any input is appreciated, i mostly just sell ps2/nintendo ds/xbox games and tv dvd box sets, so i am a bit befuddled by the nes/snes auctions.
    It is pitch black. If you continue you are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

Nothing blantantly obvious I would say.

I am generally turned off by auctions that use "stock" pictures, but that might just be me. The starting prices aren't too unreasonable, complete MMIII starting at 13$ sounds good. One good point is the fact that the auctions have been up less than 24 hours, lots of snipers out there looking to get a last minute deal.

PSN: SouthRox

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

some have only been up 1 day, but most have been up since tuesday, and today is friday. but that is true about the last minute bidders.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Personally, I would remove the shipping quote in your title. You're going to have shipping info on your auction page, right? With that gone, add more variations to your title.

For example, one of your auctions list as this:
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (Ps 2) $3.50 ship

Maybe you could change it to:
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms X PS2 Playstation 2

Also, IMO, your starting prices seems a little on the high side for rather common games.

Good luck!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

true enough about the repetitive titles. I cant change the romance of the 3 kingdoms title because it has bids, but i should have definitely said "romance of the three kingdoms X 10" instead of just using the roman numberals. but as i said, too late for that auction, i am not concerned about the ps2/ds/xbx/psp games, it is the nes/snes games that i am a bit perplexed by. And yeah, the prices on the common games might seem high because most are complete, and i dont want to get totally hosed.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My thoughts.

Thr prices are fair, you might have offered a Buy It Now. I think many of those games will sell at the last minute; this happens alot, but not always.

I'd keep the shipping advertised because your shipping prices are excellent and the combined shipping is a plus.

Usually bidders like the chance to bid the item up to what it is wrth rather than it starting out at the price it is worth, there's always a chance of getting away with a deal this way. There is risk to you in that though, which I believe is why many sellers try to make a couple bucks off shipping; evens things out.

It might actually benefit you to list some super common games at a low price so people can benefit from combined shipping.

Good Luck.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

box only for $8 is fair? with shipping your talking 29 bucks for a box a manual and a manp. I would hate to see how much you are asking for the actual game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dracula View Post
    Any input is appreciated, i mostly just sell ps2/nintendo ds/xbox games and tv dvd box sets, so i am a bit befuddled by the nes/snes auctions.
    My honest opinions:

Why so many 3-day auctions? I like how you have stuff ending on Sunday night (my personal favorite day to have VG stuff end), but why aren't you using 7 day auctions?

Your prices for some auctions are horrible. Rad Racer II for $10 shipped? A beat-to-ass Contra complete for $33? Yikes. Even those that are lower are still on the high end of the spectrum. Yeah, sometimes they will sell that high, but most of the time, they don't. If you actually want to move these games, you're better off starting them low and getting multiple bids.

You're not making the most of your titles. They give you a lot of room, so cram every possible keyword in there that people search for. For NES or SNES games, there's no reason not to have "NES/SNES Nintendo Game" in every title. For games like DuckTales, say "DuckTales" AND "Duck Tales" in your title, because people search for both terms. There are also several misspellings and awkward phrases in the titles that are taking up keyword spots (it's PS2, not "ps 2"... "ps 2" will not appear in a "PS2" search). You don't need to mention your shipping, because that will appear in the search results.

Speaking of shipping, why do you say in your item description/title that shipping is $3, when for most games, the entered shipping price at the bottom is $3.50. Which is it? That is also a hassle when you pay with Paypal, because the entered amount becomes the default shipping price and it's a nuisance to change it. I think every one of your auctions have totally different amounts for international shipping in the description and item details below.

Also, your international shipping prices are through the roof. That's not necessarily a bad thing if you want to intentionally not have many international bidders, but if you want their bids, I'd lower it. $12 for a game manual? Come on.

Stock photos suck. You say your games are in great shape. Prove it by showing a pic, especially with the completes. I suppose you can get away with selling a used cart-only game with no pic, but if you're asking me to plunk down $20 for Demon's Crest, I'd want a pic.

Your "25 or more" shipping deal is ridiculous. Do you really expect someone to do that? You'd need to have hundreds of items up, all of them worthwhile. If someone wants a ton of games, there is no shortage of large game-lot auctions on ebay at any given time. Shipping deals like this are great, but make them at least attainable and attractive.

If you're going to include a link to your other items in your item description, at least make it a clickable link, not something people have to copy/paste.
    ________
    Weed
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Prices are too high start at $1.00 wuth no reserve and take your chances. If you lose money on them then you obviously paid too much in the first place...
    ~TisLord~

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    My honest opinions:

Why so many 3-day auctions? I like how you have stuff ending on Sunday night (my personal favorite day to have VG stuff end), but why aren't you using 7 day auctions?
    I have no access to a comp on sundays. I dont own a computer and use school or library comps, so no sundays. I list things on tuesday, thursday and saturday

Your prices for some auctions are horrible. Rad Racer II for $10 shipped? A beat-to-ass Contra complete for $33? Yikes. Even those that are lower are still on the high end of the spectrum. Yeah, sometimes they will sell that high, but most of the time, they don't. If you actually want to move these games, you're better off starting them low and getting multiple bids.
    i just go off the "recently ended auctions" thing

[quote]You're not making the most of your titles. They give you a lot of room, so cram every possible keyword in there that people search for. For NES or SNES games, there's no reason not to have "NES/SNES Nintendo Game" in every title. For games like DuckTales, say "DuckTales" AND "Duck Tales" in your title, because people search for both terms. There are also several misspellings and awkward phrases in the titles that are taking up keyword spots (it's PS2, not "ps 2"... "ps 2" will not appear in a "PS2" search). You don't need to mention your shipping, because that will appear in the search results.
    Speaking of shipping, why do you say in your item description/title that shipping is $3, when for most games, the entered shipping price at the bottom is $3.50. Which is it? That is also a hassle when you pay with Paypal, because the entered amount becomes the default shipping price and it's a nuisance to change it. I think every one of your auctions have totally different amounts for international shipping in the description and item details below.
    Now that is odd, i use $3 as a default, and it usually stays that way, i was listing auctions en masse, not with a turbo lister but as fast as i could type, and as fast as the comp would run. Apparently sometimes it is $3, other times it is $3.50. I will have to change that when i relist everything.

Also, your international shipping prices are through the roof. That's not necessarily a bad thing if you want to intentionally not have many international bidders, but if you want their bids, I'd lower it. $12 for a game manual? Come on.
    exactly i dont want international bidders unless they pay through the nose. I can simply print out postage and drop them off at the mailbox for the usa buyer, i have to wait in line, fill out forms and make a trip to the PO for the foreigners, so they should have to pay through the nose if they actually want to buy my games. I guess i could simply say "no international bidders" and leave it at that. But I do get some international buyers, and 1 game to australia or europe can easily cost over 10 dollars esp if it is complete. So i dont think those are high by any stretch, execept for the manuals. heh, those are very high heh

Stock photos suck. You say your games are in great shape. Prove it by showing a pic, especially with the completes. I suppose you can get away with selling a used cart-only game with no pic, but if you're asking me to plunk down $20 for Demon's Crest, I'd want a pic.
    Yeah i put up pics for the pricier games(eternal darkness, Ys v expert and so on. But it took me 4 and half hours just to list everything with stock photos. I suppose i could take one pic of ALL the games, and just use that photo over and over, and just that the only title i am selling is the one in the auction title. Even then i am sure i would get people bidding thinking they are bidding on all of the items.

Your "25 or more" shipping deal is ridiculous. Do you really expect someone to do that? You'd need to have hundreds of items up, all of them worthwhile. If someone wants a ton of games, there is no shortage of large game-lot auctions on ebay at any given time. Shipping deals like this are great, but make them at least attainable and attractive.
    i was planning on listing over a hundred and fifty. Howver, like i said i have limited use of computers and it took longer than i had hoped even with stock photos, good point tho.

If you're going to include a link to your other items in your item description, at least make it a clickable link, not something people have to copy/paste.
    You know that really bugs me as well, it looks like a clickable link in the preview, and then in the actual auction it is not clickable. It worjked in the past, i have no idea why it isnt working now. I will likely relist everything next week and try to get everything working. Thanks for all the comments, this definitely helps

redit, i just asking the live help chat about the $3.50 ship thin and they had no idea why heh
    Last edited by dracula; 01-06-2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: i screwed up the quotes

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If you don't want international bidders, then it is easy enough to modify the item listing so you are only listing it for sale within the United States? Why not just do that instead?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got 5 internation bidders from this last set of auctions. All of them had to pay $13 for shipping. And it cost maybe 4 or 5 bucks to ship each game, tho i did have to wait a half an hour or so in line, and fill out some forms. I got about an extra 40 or $50 from overcharing the foreigners, so it was totally worth it($50 for half an hour of waiting in line and filling out forms is just fine with me). It isnt that i dont want international buyers, it is that if i do get international bids, i want them to pay through the nose. I cant justify the added time and effort if i charge them actual ship prices like I do for the usa buyers.

If you think about it, the foreigners do that anyways if they buy from their local videogames stores. By all accounts, the european and canadian game stores are more like loan sharks than they are pawn shops. The stores there charge crazy mad high prices that make my extra $13 international ship seem like chump change.