Thread: Ordering from Gamestop.com

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Ordering from Gamestop.com

This is a really inane question, so I apologize in advance. I don't order used games all that much from the internet. I did receive a free (value) shipping code for Gamestop's site and have been using it regularly to pad my X-Box collection with a bunch of $5 or less sports games (mostly the ones they mark down all the way to 99 cents or $1.99).

My question is, I've been sending in numerous orders because each day they are either listing new games or dumping the price on ones which were a little higher a few days back. Each time, I've been using the free shipping code.

Really, my only question is if they are the type of place that will catch on to the same person using the same code over and over again on small orders and then cut them off at some point. I'm asking because I work part time for a company that does a lot of internet/phone business, which I won't name, that does catch on and will cut people off. For those of you who order online from Gamestop and are familiar with the ordering process, I don't save my information with them and I don't create an actual "account."
    Last edited by bangtango; 01-20-2007 at 02:45 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont really know gamestop has had freeshipall coupon for years and ebagmes has the saver coupon i think with the amount of profit they make from the 99% of ppl who dont use the codes i wouldnt worry about it

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Don't think so.

I used to do something similar with the Genesis/SNES games. I never had any issues, and I gave them all my info.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks for the input. Like I said in my original message, I work part-time for a firm who has measures in place to prevent "abuse" of promo codes by customers. There are more and more places doing that all the time, so I wasn't sure if they'd eventually "stop" me from using it after ordering too many times. Looks like I'm safe.