Thread: How is Nintendo going to work out the release dates?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default How is Nintendo going to work out the release dates?

Nintendo has a lot of games announced to be released this year. The main 3 are Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Smash Bros. Others are:

Project Hammer
    Animal Crossing
    DK Bongo Blast
    Fire Emblem

Would Nintendo really release more than one of these games around Christmas or close to each other? If not, which games will be delayed until 2008? I thought Smash Bros. was coming out March...
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Insert Coin (Level 0) playgeneration's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd be dissapointed if they didnt release all those games this year.

I think Nintendo need to release quality big name games soon as possible, why give ps3, or indeed 360 any breathing space. And i dont think they will have to rush any of these titles to get them out this year, after all i assume they were working on these games during the time Gamecube was still their main console and nothing was coming out for it.

Bongo Blast ought to be out soon, as its cancelled cube release date has already past (i think)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I'm not mistaken Smash Bros is do in June/July

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

As much as I'd like them now, we'll likely get two of the big three this year, with one being delayed. I'm thinking something like Smash in summer, Prime in winter, with Mario being pushed to 2008. We'll see...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by playgeneration View Post
    I'd be dissapointed if they didnt release all those games this year.

I think Nintendo need to release quality big name games soon as possible,
    You're wrong on both accounts. I'll start with the second part.
    Whenever a game is released on any console, the publisher has to compete with all the other games on the market, and generally, hope they can get enough attention from EA's games to bring in a profit. When a publisher releases a game on a Nintendo platform, their biggest competition, is Nintendo. Historically, people have continued to buy Nintendo consoles so that they may partake in the games that are developed by Nintendo. Third party developers tend to get the shaft as 4 year old Nintendo games continue to sit on store shelves. Look at the best sellers list for any Nintendo hardware, and most of the top slots are reserved for games published by them also.

Now, we just got done with the Wii's launch. A big point in the launch was that Nintendo only had a couple of games available, and the rest were third party. This gave other publishers a window to turn their profits. Which brings me to the second point. If Nintendo were to release all of those games above, whether spaced out or all at one time, then the chances are that third party support will once again be dropped, because they just can't compete in the market. Especially if this happens at christmas time (being the Christmas to follow the largest game year ever). So although you may temporarily be disappointed if those games aren't released this year, I'd like to think you would be more disappointed if the Wii lost most of it's support from other developers shortly after the first year.

Insert Coin (Level 0) playgeneration's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats a bit of a poor arguement really - no offence
    But if Nintendo dont release quality games just to let rubbish third party games sell instead, then that will do the Wii more harm than good. Nintendo games sell Nintendo consoles, its up to third parties to make games that are good enough to compete with Nintendos offerings.

Not releasing good games so that that poor ones have a chance to sell is pointless.

Yes third party software on cube didnt do as well as nintendos games, but that was because mainly Nintendo fans bought the console, the Wii has a broader audience so as long as third parties make good games that people want - they will sell. Wario Ware doesnt sell well because Wario is in it, or it has Nintendos name on it, it sells because its a fun game.
    Last edited by playgeneration; 01-21-2007 at 10:57 AM.