Thread: PC gaming 2007

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PC gaming 2007

not very much of interest to me scheduled for the PC so far this year... only a couple of games that were pushed back a bit last year to look forward to at this point... most anxiously awaiting Test Drive Unlimited and the newest train sim from Abacus... 3D Model Trains... so what are you waiting for now? of course I'm waiting for Windows Vista Premium, but still no new "Games for Windows" driving me crazy with anticipation besides the ones mentioned yet

anybody else taking advantage of the current somewhat dry to spell to buy upgrades in preparation for Windows Vista and the new Games for Windows initiative? I replaced my 512MB of generic RAM with 2GB of Kingston Hyper X RAM... should be able to run Vista with no problems now, and hopefully delay a new Vista compatible video card until next Christmas... provided that my 128MB ATI Radeon 9800 Pro will run all the new games I wanna play till then
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally won't be upgrading to Vista anytime soon. I've got the hardware for it, but there will probably never be a driver for the Catweasel MK4 that I've got installed. And I don't want to miss that SID sound in Vista ;) Anyway, games-wise the only thing I'm looking forward to on the PC is Spore, but I don't even know if it's getting a release this year.
    Wii: 8285 8147 1575 6278

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ummm...

Spore
    Crysis
    Bioshock
    Titan Quest Expansion
    Half Life 2 Episode 2
    Command and Conquer
    Halo 2
    Quake Wars (2008?)
    Unreal Tournament 2007!!!
    Tabula Rasa
    Elveon
    Hellgate London
    Huxley
    Timeshift
    The Lord of the Rings: The White Council

I got a Geforce 8800GTX for these games. Got a slot for Quad SLI open and a third PCI-e for an Nvidia Physx card should they appear...

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are some good games comming out this year, but im not really looking forward to any of them. Sure, i will play some of them of course, but its not like im waiting for them. My GeForce 6800 is starting to get old too and i have no plans of upgrading my PC this year. Its about 1½ years since i last build this PC so it will probly be going for 1½ year more before i build a new PC, unless i win the lottery or something hehe.

Or.. on 2nd though, im kinda looking forward to UT 2007 and Crysis. I wont be able to run them on high settings tho. I didnt really get into Farcry (most likely because my PC wasnt that good when it got out and when i first tried it), but im looking forward to see all the technoligy Crysis has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

does anybody really think that Tabula Rasa is ever gonna come out? that one is getting to be like Duke Nukem Forever... seems to be more of a marketing ploy than an actual game... how many times has it been pushed back now?

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    monkeysuit89

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    Spore
    Crysis
    Half Life 2 Episode 2
    Command and Conquer
    Halo 2
    Unreal Tournament 2007
    These will be mine.

I'll be receiving a new laptop for my upcoming graduation. Hopefully I can max the specs out so I can run pretty much anything 2007 throws at me.
    Last edited by monkeysuit; 01-21-2007 at 08:12 PM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default uh-huh

I imagine all the big titles that come out will be Vista ready; and at least a few will have DX10 support...

PC sales rose in 2006 after tracking behind the last few years. Seeing the power of the new graphics cards is inspiring, but the prices are astronomical. I am certain a Geforce 8800GTX and a Core 2 Duo processor can outperform a PS3 so it might be more cost effective to upgrade a PC.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    I imagine all the big titles that come out will be Vista ready; and at least a few will have DX10 support...

PC sales rose in 2006 after tracking behind the last few years. Seeing the power of the new graphics cards is inspiring, but the prices are astronomical. I am certain a Geforce 8800GTX and a Core 2 Duo processor can outperform a PS3 so it might be more cost effective to upgrade a PC.
    It can, but the GF8800 card cost just as much as the entire PS3 hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Trebuken had a good list of 2007 games, and the ones I'm currently awaiting. My ultimate choice of course is Supreme Commander followed closely by Command & Conquer. I'm not a huge fan of C&C but from the shots and vids that have been posted it's looking promissing and need to at a minimum try out the demo.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I checked some in-game movie from C&C 3 some days ago. It looks very good, but that they brought in aliens kinda ruined the C&C feeling. Might turn out better than it looks tho, lets hope

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

YEah - they're putting out some good games this year. I didn't buy a single PC game in 2006.

I was hoping we'd see Spore around November... But that didn't happen.

I'm waiting for Spore, Crysis, and Supreme Commander.

As for Vista, I usually build myself a new PC every other Xmas (This year will be that 'every other' year). I'll probably wait until then. That way, they can work alot of the bugs out, and most device drivers will be up by then. But my current PC is definitely Vista ready.(AMD X2 4400, 2GB Corsair XMS - upgrading to 4GB soon, SLi 7800 GT's)

Usually when a new MS OS comes out, I wait a few months.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Where the hell is Jagged Alliance 3 / 3-D?? Oh and the rest of the Sam & Max games need to come out. Oh yeah, lets not forget Duke Forever.
    #vbender

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I am trying to remember if I even bought any PC games in 2006, and I am thinking that I didn't.

Maybe I bought Pirates - but maybe I bought that in 2005?

I last rebuilt my PC in 2001 and I am not even looking to upgrade any time soon. There are still so many older games that I haven't finished.

Bioshock is certainly tempting - I love everything that irrational games makes, and if it's a spiritual successor to System Shock, then I should be all over it. But I'm not going to upgrade just for one game.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm looking into an 8800 GTS for myself. Crysis looks jaw dropping to say the least.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    Trebuken had a good list of 2007 games, and the ones I'm currently awaiting. My ultimate choice of course is Supreme Commander followed closely by Command & Conquer. I'm not a huge fan of C&C but from the shots and vids that have been posted it's looking promissing and need to at a minimum try out the demo.
    I usually like fantasy themed strategy games but have not noticed any that are up and coming so I've been looking towards C&C. I had forgotten Supreme Commander; that looks great too. I'll probably pick up Company of Heroes as soon as I find a good deal on it to see if I can get into the genre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default By Crom!

AGE OF CONAN

w00t!

I finally will sit down and actually participate in a MMORPG (once I complete the single-player missions).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well supposedly a sequel to Microsoft Train Simulator is in the works once again... let's hope this one doesn't get cancelled like the last one did... I don't expect to see it get released this year, but it could make it out in time for Christmas, or shortly therafter... I expect to see a holiday release date announced, and then the usual pushback into the first quarter of 2008 will most likely occur before it finally makes it onto store shelves, if it doesn't suffer the same fate that the previous sequel attempt did... MSTS2 is long overdue, but no one wants it rushed, so most of us railfans will very happily just keep waiting and hoping for the best... meanwhile there's still plenty of addons for MSTS1 to keep us occupied, as well as several competing sims...

speaking of competing sims, the first addon for Ship Simulator is due soon... six new ships will be included, and hopefully some new harbors as well... I'm still waiting for San Francisco Bay to be added... more ships are great, but what this sim really needs is more locations... the ships included with the basic game are more than enough for me, especially since the Titanic is one of them, but why can't I drive it in San Francisco Bay yet? it's a major port, dammit! I wanna ram the Titanic into the Golden Gate Bridge and see if I can destroy both in the process... or at least I wanna be able to try to...
    Last edited by Iron Draggon; 01-23-2007 at 09:11 PM.

Get BIT!