Thread: Wii Points Cards - scarce?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wii Points Cards - scarce?

I've been trying to find points cards for my wii in stores. They're nowhere to be found! I've checked at least 10 stores in the last 2 weeks and there's nothing!

Is anyone else having this problem?

BTW, I realize you can just use your credit card, and I've resorted to this, I just prefer to pay using cash.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know you know about creditcard, but why dont u use it? Instead of driving (if thats what you do) around checking stores for the cards, it will be much cheaper to just buy the points online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

The points cards and classic controllers (and third party component cables) are the only Wii hardware I see on shelves here - and tons of each of those three.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    I know you know about creditcard, but why dont u use it? Instead of driving (if thats what you do) around checking stores for the cards, it will be much cheaper to just buy the points online.
    It's just my attempt to be financially responsible. You see, I'm dumb, and when I buy something with my credit card, because it hasn't automatically been deducted from my chequing account, I feel as if I've gotten it for free. I'm one of these idiots that, if left unchecked, would incur huge credit card bills.

But at least I know I'm an idiot, so I prefer to just use cash

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah.. here its alittle different. Like my VISA card is connected to my bank account so when i use it the money is withdrawn directly. Maybe its like that in USA too, but here i dont think you can use the VISA card if your bank account is empty, atleast i think its like that. If you get a bill in the mail later on and have to pay for that, like Diners Card (if u know that) i can understand why u dont want to use it hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Take the cash out of your bank account when you make a credit card purchase?

Also, some self control helps.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    It's just my attempt to be financially responsible. You see, I'm dumb, and when I buy something with my credit card, because it hasn't automatically been deducted from my chequing account, I feel as if I've gotten it for free. I'm one of these idiots that, if left unchecked, would incur huge credit card bills.

But at least I know I'm an idiot, so I prefer to just use cash
    Get a checkcard. They are fantastic. You can use them essentially either as a debit card or a check.

A debit transaction checks your bank account first and deducts the money instantly (you can't overdraw yourself, but not every vendor allows it). You also have to use a PIN.

Using it as a check is actually the same process as using a normal credit card. You scan it and sign. It does NOT check your bank account first (so you can overdraw yourself if you're not careful) but it takes a couple days to take the money out of your account.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey - don't rag on the guy because he wants to stop using his credit card! More people should shred those things...

I hate giving out my check card number to anyone online - so I too try to get the prepaid cards fro things like Wii points and World of Warcraft fees. Giving out your CC number is one thing - but I really dont want to deal with some scumbag getting the funds in my bank account.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedmonkey View Post
    Hey - don't rag on the guy because he wants to stop using his credit card! More people should shred those things...

I hate giving out my check card number to anyone online - so I too try to get the prepaid cards fro things like Wii points and World of Warcraft fees. Giving out your CC number is one thing - but I really dont want to deal with some scumbag getting the funds in my bank account.
    No1 is ragging on him, just saying that CC is the easiest way. Are you refering to Nintendo as the scumbag here? They are the one who get the CC hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In modern civilized countries, using a credit card is preferred due to earning cash back, air miles, points of some sort, etc.

Also, using a credit card, then paying the balance at the end of the month essentially gives you a free loan for the duration of the month. During this time, you can be making interest on your cash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedmonkey View Post
    I hate giving out my check card number to anyone online - so I too try to get the prepaid cards fro things like Wii points and World of Warcraft fees.
    Great idea - are these easy to get? Do you just refill them with cash or what? I really like that idea

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I couldn't find the Wii point cards ANYWHERE.... and I checked alot of stores. Finally just figured out I needed to spell the name of my town different under the billing address and got my credit card to work.... word.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

I have a check card, credit card, etc. I planned on picking up some points cards to give as Xmas gifts this year - stocking stuffers, etc. So far, I've yet to see one in person. It's not quite the same to hand someone $20 and say "hey, go get you some points" or .. "Bring your Wii over and I'll load you up on some points".