Thread: [DC] Vampire Chronicle booting help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default [DC] Vampire Chronicle booting help

Well I finally sat down to have a crack on Vampire Chronicle (for Matching Service) and it's not having any of it on my PAL DC running RGB Scart. I'm using the DC-X bootdisk which works perfectly with my other 15 or so NTSC-J/U games, including other Capcom fighters. I had a fiddle with the DC-X options, which I've never had to use before, and it's still not having any of it.

On RGB mode, what would be the top left hand quarter of the screen, fills the whole screen! If I force composite mode I get a black screen. If I force VGA mode the image is duplicated 4 times. This happens with both NTSC and PAL modes. And I've tried the unplugging of the A/V cable from the rear of the DC trick and then I just get a black screen.

Anyone else have this problem with VC? Does Utopia boot this game any better than DC-X? Otherwise I suppose my only option is to d/l a self-booting back-up of the game and see if that runs?

Dammit, I want some Darkstalkers action
    Last edited by CosmicMonkey; 02-09-2007 at 09:38 AM.

Apple (Level 5) Sweater Fish Deluxe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Vampire Chronicles doesn't support RGB output. I'm not sure why, but for some reason it seems like Dreamcast developers sometimes--but not always--had to choose between VGA and RGB output. Vampire Chronicles supports VGA unlike a few other 2D fighters, but apparently as a consequence it does not support RGB. Super Street Fighter II X For Matching Service is the same story as are Street Fighter Zero 3 and Giga Wing 1.

Skies Of Arcadia is another game that doesn't support RGB, at least the NTSC releases don't. The PAL release does support RGB, which makes sense since RGB SCART is commonly use din PAL regions, but that PAL release lacks VGA support which is intact in the NTSC releases. It's really weird to me.

...word is bondage...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks very much for the answer. I've had a search around and found a patch so VC will run in RGB mode. Just need to d/l a back-up now and apply the patch if it isn't already done.

Surely this is down to pure laziness on Capcom's part. Although my PAL copies of Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Giga Wing run fine in RGB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How do you add a patch on DC-X, I have Vampire Chronicle..but waiting for the Gameshark..So I could run it