Thread: Phantasy Star Universe for 360 - Any DPers play online?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Default Phantasy Star Universe for 360 - Any DPers play online?

I'd love to have some regular, sane, people to play with every once in a while. It seems like finding good friends to play with in this game is harder than finding good friends in real life.

So, if you play, post your gamertag and maybe we can meet up for a game or two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would, if it weren't for the cost. I know it's not much, I just detest the idea of having to pay a yearly fee for online play, then a monthly fee for an individual game. Sorry, it's a matter of principal.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

I'm surprised I didn't get a single response. I know PSO had a fairly decent following, and I would have imagined many of those people would have given this a shot. Did everyone just get it for PS2/PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link View Post
    I would, if it weren't for the cost. I know it's not much, I just detest the idea of having to pay a yearly fee for online play, then a monthly fee for an individual game. Sorry, it's a matter of principal.
    I wasn't keen on $10/month either, especially after being spoiled by PSO. That's why I waited until I could get the game for cheap ($25). However your argument/stance is flawed in that you don't need to pay for Xbox Live to play it. $10 is still pretty steep, but for the month or so I have had it, I have gotten my money's worth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I picked up the PS2 version, with no intention of going online with it. I never play games online, since I'm an anti-social type of guy who doesn't want to play against some retard teenagers, not to mention that I've worked retail for too many years and have become sick of humanity and therefore don't want anything to do with people. But I keep wanting to play PSO/PSU online. I guess I'm a glutton for stupidity that way. I've heard that PSU's online component is supposed to be entirely different than it's single-player story. How different is the online mode in comparison to offline?

I've seen the 360 version of PSU as low as $30. I'm wondering if it's good enough to warrant spending $30 on that, $100 for the Wi-Fi dongle (I can't hook up an ethernet cable where my 360 is right now), and $10 a month to play. I'm also a bit wary of playing online since I had heard all the stuff about cheaters screwing PSO on the Dreamcast up, and hoping they haven't ruined the newer versions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

I had it preordered for the 360 and was very hyped for the game, but it turned out that a much of the game was locked from the get-go. I only played a couple of weeks before trading my copy in (for $33 at gamecrazy when all other places were giving $10 to $15 and the ebay value was $30) and terminating my subscription.

Vectorman0- have they unlocked the locked stuff yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

To be honest, I was disappointed with the single player game. PSO's single player mode was addictive as hell, even though it got a little monotonous after going through the same levels over and over. Ramping it up to Hard Mode, then Very Hard, and Ultimate kept me coming back for more even after already putting in hundreds of hours into it. In PSU, once I defeated Dark Falz (or however it was spelled) there didn't seem to be a point to keep playing. Maybe play all those lower level missions again, and that was about it. At least PSO ramped up the difficulty to keep your interest up. That's why I keep considering going online with it, so I can see what else the game can do.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i loved PSO, got it when it came out back in the day. Played it for over 200 hours online. This game isnt meant for single player. I played PSU's single player and it is a joke.

I really don't want to pay an extra 10 bucks a month for a mediocre MMO when I could just go back to WoW and have a real MMO.