Thread: Fire Pro Wrestling?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Fire Pro Wrestling?

I'm wondering if any of you are fans of the Fire Pro Wrestling series of games. I have Fire Pro Wrestling for the GBA, and Fire Pro Wrestling D for the Dreamcast. I know that there are some Japanese-only releases for the PS2. Were there any other North American releases on the Xbox or GameCube? What would you consider to be best of the series? Are there any other wrestling games that you would recommend to fans of this genre?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love firepro. I got hook on the Jap. saturn version years ago. with the multi tap. Download the english translations and you are golden. The options at the time were over the top as well as fighting styles. I still say one of the best wrestling games to date. I mean really what wrestling games let you select a battle royal with the rules over the top rope 2 count pin? Gotta love it.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The legendary FPW: 6 Man Scramble is the reason I had the Saturn experience I did.

Love love love that game.

Nuff said

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Check out King Of Colosseum for the Jap PS2. Same damn thing, only 3D.

And if for some reason you haven't already, check out the AKI wrestling games on the N64:

WCW Vs. NWO World Tour
    WCW/NWO Revenge
    WWF Wrestlemania 2000
    WWF No Mercy
    Virtual Pro Wrestling (Japan only)
    Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (Japan only)

And Def Jam Vendetta on the PS2/Cube/Xbox, which is also made by AKI and is almost exactly like the N64 games (only real difference: it's faster, and there's no create-a-wrestler)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

The best game in the series is undoubtedly Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium for the Super Famicom. Although that's a freaking mouthful, it's just the right amount of words to describe the vastness of it. What really impresses me is its Create-A-Wrestler mode. It does have a vast collection of legendary wrestlers (such as Jushin Lyger, The Great Muta, and the Road Warriors), but there's nothing as awesome as having a fighter you made take on the likes of Ric Flair, Antonio Inoki, Karl Gotch, The Undertaker, and Rickson Gracie. As far as I know, it's one of the first wrestling games with a create option, and it is as fun as hell to design.

I haven't played any of the other games, so I can't tell you much about them. But somehow get access to playing SFPWXP. Man, that abbreviation sounds like a special move name or something like that. o_O
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga View Post
    But somehow get access to playing SFPWXP. Man, that abbreviation sounds like a special move name or something like that. o_O
    Yeah that abbreviation makes me think of the STF submission hold or something Thanks for the heads up. I'll check out the game on emulation, and if I like it I'll look to get a copy of it. I'm guessing that it's a rare and/or expensive title.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

6 Man Scramble is also the reason I own a Saturn. I've since moved most of my time over to the DC version and hope to grab the PS2 one soon. By far the best wrestling series ever.

I have really high hopes for the new TNA game by Midway. Apparently AJ Styles is a huge Fire Pro fan and is giving input on development of the game.
    mdk
    - not up to date yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The best game in the series is undoubtedly Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium for the Super Famicom.

I haven't played any of the other games, so I can't tell you much about them.

For my money, Fire Pro G (PS1) is the pinnacle of the series. It was absolutely brilliant and gets the edge over 6 MAN for the simple fact that in G you could turn off submissions (I loved to critical my opponents!) whereas in 6MS the CPU could end the match by making you submit. It's a small complaint, but enough to be noted IMHO. Fire Pro G was just more user-friendly

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the fire pro wrestling series is the best.the only one i didnt care for is the fire pro wrestling iron man game for ps1.it kinda sucks
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too only have FPW on GBA. I really want to get one (or more) for one of my consoles. Where in the US besides ebay and Play-Asia are they available? Also, is there anything needed to be done to get them to work on US equipment?

I have 360, Wii, N64, SNES, Dreamcast and a Genesis. For handhelds I have PSP, DSL and a Micro.

Any suggestions and tips would be greatly appreciated.

RC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

The best game in the series is undoubtedly Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium for the Super Famicom.

I haven't played any of the other games
    The best Zelda game ever made is undoubtedly Link: The Faces Of Evil for the CD-i. I haven't played any of the other games, so I can't comment on them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by Kroogah View Post
    The best Zelda game ever made is undoubtedly Link: The Faces Of Evil for the CD-i. I haven't played any of the other games, so I can't comment on them.

I deserved that. Though, thanks for pointing out that idiocy on my part. I recently remembered that I actually did play another FP game, also for the Super Famicom... but I don't remember its name. It didn't quite flow as smoothly as SPXWPFSFPAPFHAPGHA or whatev and its graphical and sound capabilities aren't quite as awesome, and its roster is more limited. But... I only played it once, and I guess I didn't quite judge it as fairly.

Amending my statement: SFPWPX is one of the best wrestling games out there that I've played, and even if you're not into the genre, give it a play anyway.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp