Thread: New listing style on Ebay

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New listing style on Ebay

Anyone seen the new listing style Ebay is using now? Thoughts? I think the old one was better, now it looks so compact (most likely due to im not running my browser in fullscreen mode), but i'll get used to it like i've done with Ebay's previous changes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    Anyone seen the new listing style Ebay is using now? Thoughts? I think the old one was better, now it looks so compact (most likely due to im not running my browser in fullscreen mode), but i'll get used to it like i've done with Ebay's previous changes
    I don't like it either.. at all; and as if that wasn't enough.. the other day I got a message/e-mail saying that in the near future they're switching completely over to the new "sell your item" listing creation template (which I hate as well).

Next Thursday I'm putting the rest of my collection up on eBay in one final lot. After that.. I'll be done with them. Anymore.. any changes they make seem to be for the worst.. but I guess it's inevitable as they seem to try to be making everything more "user friendly" for the senseless masses (I guess they've been teaming up with Fisher-Price as of late.).

BTW.. I guess I should have seen the new listing style change coming. Over the last 3 months I've actually seen it pop up for a few hours (usually in the middle of the night) but then it would revert back. I assumed they were testing but I always wanted to believe it got pulled after the complaints must have started rolling in. eBay never listens to it's customers.. now it looks like it's for good.
    Last edited by scorch56; 02-24-2007 at 03:31 PM.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still have a tough time finding how much longer an auction is going for with the new look auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really like having one screen to edit everything, as opposed to five different pages, but it still loads ridiculously slow, especially during peak hours. It takes around 10-15 seconds to load fully, which is way more than any other page or website I've visited since I got my new comp. I'd rather zip through 2-3 pages of the old form (I usually don't need to change my page four shipping details) than deal with one very slow loading page.

One thing I've noticed is that if you use the "Sell a Similar Item" link and click on the Change Category link before the entire page loads, whatever didn't load will be blank once you've chosen your new category. This is a major problem for someone like me, who posts a ton of similar items, but in slightly different categories. It's not my browser or a cache issue either.

What's up with having a pop-up window for image uploads? I don't even use the ebay photohost, but in order to change the gallery pic, I have to open the pop-up, which is another slow-down. What the hell is that?

I think if they work the bugs out, it could be the best sell your item form yet. They're still a ways away, though, and at times, I really want to go back to the old form.
    ________
    GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:45 PM.